Digital Art Zone

24 of 35
Men… men, MEN!  And more MEN!!...  The prodigal sons have returned…
Posted: 29 March 2013 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2006-10-01

Posted this one the Luxus forum, but I don’t have lots to post, so here it is too.
My first render with Luxus.
Genesis and the lovely DAZ Python.

Image Attachments
LUXUS.jpg
 Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 30 March 2013 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2009-01-09
Hellboy - 29 March 2013 09:57 PM

Posted this one the Luxus forum, but I don’t have lots to post, so here it is too.
My first render with Luxus.
Genesis and the lovely DAZ Python.

Any chance you could share the settings you used to get to such a good image? The Luxus PDF documentation is a bit sparse, and video tutorials make me crazy. I hope they come out with some presets to use as starting points; that would be really helpful.

Any road, in keeping with the brief of the thread, a test image of P3D Tom.  I was trying to duplicate the look of his painted mohawk with something with a bit more visible height, and discovered that the M5 Elite Hair actually makes a creditable mohawk itself. All you have to do is turn limits off for the “Adjust Sides” sliders, then dial them into negative values. Tinker with the rest of the sliders to get the sort of look you want. Some cleanup here or there might be needed, depending on the look you’re going for, or the angle of your image; the back of his head was sort of jagged.

I added in the M4 Shaved Hair for the stubbly look, but I may skip that next time. Between the M5 Elite Hair and the Shaved Hair and Unshaven for the sideburns, even with Raytracing off for those surfaces, it took 3Delight a full 10 minutes just to do his head, with almost nothing else going on in the image.

Image Attachments
p3dtom-m5elitemohawk-01.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 30 March 2013 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2012-01-29
chsmo - 28 March 2013 12:49 PM

whoa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa, oh oh oh

This Tarzan image is excellent!!

Posted: 30 March 2013 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2010-07-08

Excellent work, Hellboy!  D@mn that looks real!

Posted: 30 March 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2003-10-09

Here’s one that’s a character design pic but it’s not a render, just a plain old Photoshop/Wacom effort so sorry if it’s not appropriate around here (this being DAZ and all) but this is how I usually start out with new characters before attempting to go 3D…

Image Attachments
RD-130329-DF.jpg

Posted: 30 March 2013 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01
vwrangler - 30 March 2013 03:53 AM

Any chance you could share the settings you used to get to such a good image? The Luxus PDF documentation is a bit sparse, and video tutorials make me crazy. I hope they come out with some presets to use as starting points; that would be really helpful.

Sure!

GLOSSY TRANSLUCENT WITH VOLUME:

Diffuse Color: Diffuse maps and desired color.
Transmision Color: Darker = less translucent. I used a dark gray here.
Specuar Color: Specular map and desired color.
Roughness U and V: How glossy the surface is. Lower = shinier. I used 0.2 here.
Absorption Color: Color of the light passing through the model. Dunno why, but you use the negative of the color you want. In this case I wanted orange, so I set it at 0 157 255 (intense light blue).
Absorption Scale: How much of the absorption color is seen. I used 4 here, but that depends on you and even the angle of the light I guess.
Volume Type: Homogeneous

I don’t remember the snake, but it was something similar with a darker diffuse color. I also used a Geometry Shell with Glass 2 with a Refraction of 1.2

Light source is a huge plane.

The real documentation for me are the documentation and examples of the LuxRender site. All the info is there already.

Signature 

My gallery.

Posted: 30 March 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2011-01-22

Great renders guys smile

Here’s a bit of an expansion on the new morph character I’ve been working on.  I have to make a few more morph in zbrush to modify him, but he’s looking almost about how I want him to look now.

Image Attachments
Space_Hero.jpg

Posted: 30 March 2013 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10

Filed under “Why are you tweaking morphs when you have work to finish?” wink

Image Attachments
Stolz_Revisited.jpg

Posted: 30 March 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 354 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2006-11-10
Hellboy - 30 March 2013 10:09 AM

Absorption Color: Color of the light passing through the model. Dunno why, but you use the negative of the color you want. In this case I wanted orange, so I set it at 0 157 255 (intense light blue).

Its because it’s the color of light which is actually absorbed by the material. So it’ll fade out that color, and you’ll wind up with the opposite being reflected/transmitted. Most exporters/shaders in effect take the desired result color and invert it so things are more intuitive.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 30 March 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 355 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01
Agent_Unawares - 30 March 2013 01:12 PM

Its because it’s the color of light which is actually absorbed by the material. So it’ll fade out that color, and you’ll wind up with the opposite being reflected/transmitted. Most exporters/shaders in effect take the desired result color and invert it so things are more intuitive.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw an explanation at the LuxRender site, but I was left pretty much the same. XD
I get it now!

Signature 

My gallery.

Posted: 30 March 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 356 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2011-01-22
Hellboy - 30 March 2013 01:18 PM
Agent_Unawares - 30 March 2013 01:12 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I saw an explanation at the LuxRender site, but I was left pretty much the same. XD
I get it now!

Just out of curiosity… but how long would it take to render say an imagine of 2000 resolution?

Actually how long did it take you to render your image?

Male-M3dia - 30 March 2013 01:07 PM

Filed under “Why are you tweaking morphs when you have work to finish?” wink

Not bad Male M3dia.

Did you make that armor?  Is that on Genesis?

I’ve never seen it before.

Posted: 30 March 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 357 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2009-08-08

Looks like Luthbel’s new set. If so it would be Genesis.

Posted: 30 March 2013 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 358 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2009-01-30

Wow… everyone… Really awesome renders today. 

Hellboy, you totally inspired me to finally tryout Freak with those displacement maps.  That’s an awesome render!

Cagnazzo… As always, you’re men rule.  Great face, great look and costuming.  Top shelf as always.

Male-M3dia… I bow to you.  Really amazing skin and render.

Kurt - another wow image.  You have a very distinct style and vision.  I’d know one of yours anywhere.

So here’s some more for today, inspired by all of you.  Thanks. 

Image Attachments
Andy.jpgDonovan.jpgIronFort.jpg
 Signature 

Member, BWC

Posted: 30 March 2013 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 359 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10
Cagnazzo82 - 30 March 2013 03:16 PM

Not bad Male M3dia.

Did you make that armor?  Is that on Genesis?

I’ve never seen it before.

The outfit is Valandar’s march madness item… figured I’d dust it off for a quick render.

http://www.daz3d.com/lord-general-for-genesis

Posted: 30 March 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 360 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01

Just out of curiosity… but how long would it take to render say an imagine of 2000 resolution?

Sorry, I have no idea. :/

Actually how long did it take you to render your image?

Not sure, I left it cooking, went to do something else and came back 8 hours later. Seemed ready to me so I stoped it. Who knows when it was ready. :/

Signature 

My gallery.

24 of 35