Digital Art Zone

10 of 35
Men… men, MEN!  And more MEN!!...  The prodigal sons have returned…
Posted: 03 December 2012 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-09-08

I like the Xaas-Victorian-Toolkit-for-Poser.

Posted: 03 December 2012 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22

Kind of a work in progress of a character I’m making (or actually revising) for fantasy render purposes. smile

I’ve named him Loxley.

Image Attachments
elf_prince.jpg

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4608
Joined  2004-08-11

YUMMY!  All your stuff is yummy Cagnazzo.  Saw one of your renders of the King of the Seven Seas (Aquaman) in some sexy “Hero’s Art” slideshow I saw recently!!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2007-04-08

This is a render from last month, based upon a roleplaying game character of mine, Felix Denk.

Constructive (please) criticism is welcome.  There are many issues I am aware of already but I can’t be bothered listing them all.  Most notably is the hand pose with the pistol in it, I’m not happy with that, and the fact that there’s very little else happening in the scene.

Image Attachments
FelixDenk1.png
 Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 03 December 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1263
Joined  2009-01-09
Estroyer - 03 December 2012 02:13 AM

Found this thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/625/

And I will add a list of my own.
See last page of that thread!

Estroyer, thanks for the list. It looks like it will be very useful!

Just wondering, anyone know if SAV’s new guy is based on anyone in particular? He doesn’t look familiar to me, but then, the references aren’t always as well known to me or as obvious as, say, Mitchell or Eros or Boris or Lucien. (I have to admit, I get slightly weirded out by doing renders with likenesses of living celebrities sometimes.)

I keep thinking the name ought to be a clue, but then, I’ve got another “Alpha” who, aside from technically being a blond, doesn’t look like that guy at all, so.

This guy is also already Genesisisified, so I don’t have to sit there and hammer away at GenX until he finally makes it through, which is nice.

(They also updated Spartacos for 4.5 and DSON; I wonder if they’ll be doing the same things with Atlas and Lynn, which they also provided Genesis versions with originally.)

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
RAMWolff - 03 December 2012 11:24 AM

YUMMY!  All your stuff is yummy Cagnazzo.  Saw one of your renders of the King of the Seven Seas (Aquaman) in some sexy “Hero’s Art” slideshow I saw recently!!  :-)

Thanks! ^_^

He has obvious influences, as you might’ve noticed from the shield :)

And yeah, I’ve posted Aquaman up in several different locales.  As a matter of fact, I posted him in the superhero thread as well, but he kind of got lost in the shuffle with everyone else posting tons of great renders as well.

BlumBlumShub - 03 December 2012 11:38 AM

This is a render from last month, based upon a roleplaying game character of mine, Felix Denk.

Constructive (please) criticism is welcome.  There are many issues I am aware of already but I can’t be bothered listing them all.  Most notably is the hand pose with the pistol in it, I’m not happy with that, and the fact that there’s very little else happening in the scene.

Nice render. You should check out Police Officer for Genesis.

It comes with an additional gun pose that’s pretty handy (no pun intended :)

vwrangler - 03 December 2012 10:16 PM

Just wondering, anyone know if SAV’s new guy is based on anyone in particular? He doesn’t look familiar to me, but then, the references aren’t always as well known to me or as obvious as, say, Mitchell or Eros or Boris or Lucien. (I have to admit, I get slightly weirded out by doing renders with likenesses of living celebrities sometimes.)

I keep thinking the name ought to be a clue, but then, I’ve got another “Alpha” who, aside from technically being a blond, doesn’t look like that guy at all, so.

This guy is also already Genesisisified, so I don’t have to sit there and hammer away at GenX until he finally makes it through, which is nice.

(They also updated Spartacos for 4.5 and DSON; I wonder if they’ll be doing the same things with Atlas and Lynn, which they also provided Genesis versions with originally.)

Yeah I saw him earlier.  I have absolutely no clue who he’s supposed to be… But I did purchase him anyway.  But overall the textures look fantastic as well.

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
vwrangler - 03 December 2012 10:16 PM
Estroyer - 03 December 2012 02:13 AM

Found this thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/625/

And I will add a list of my own.
See last page of that thread!

Estroyer, thanks for the list. It looks like it will be very useful!

Looking at the morph itself, he looks to me a little like a modern, more mature Brad Pitt, but I’m not sure the texture fits him if that’s the case.  Though in all honesty I haven’t looked that closely at Mr Pitt to know what his complexion is like!

Anyone else think this?  Maybe I’m talking rubbish.

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Cagnazzo82 - 03 December 2012 11:11 PM

Nice render. You should check out Police Officer for Genesis.

It comes with an additional gun pose that’s pretty handy (no pun intended smile

Thanks for that.  Looks like a good set in general regardless of the gun pose.  Spent my budget for this month though (and more!) so will have to wait.

Of course, AFTER I did this render I got the Gun Pose Construction Set, and there’s a pose that looks very similar!  It’s for M4, not Genesis but it still works on Gen, I’ve tried it.

Signature 

Posted: 06 December 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22

A bit more of the same guy up above (who I’m using now as a multipurpose morph :)...

Here he is as a wolfman concept.

Image Attachments
running_man_wolf1.jpg

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09

Decided to try a semi-quick (relatively speaking) test render in Lux of both of the Alpha guys that I have. I picked up SAV’s Alpha Male M5 (left) during their sale that just ended, and Project Alpha (right, by PureEnergy and OKCRandy) a while back.

Now that I’ve worked with him a little, I’m beginning to wonder if maybe AlphaMale was something that SAV tried that didn’t quite work the way they intended. It is very odd that he doesn’t come with a completely bald texture—the stubbly head and painted public hair is the only option for him. There’s also something off with his rigging; expression morphs tend to move his lips without moving his teeth or the rest of his mouth at all. That said, his underpinnings, so to speak, are a bit better than Mitchell’s—he’s got a genuine bump map and displacement, even if the displacement for his body is nothing but a noise map. As smooth as he is, he really doesn’t need more displacement than that, if that. (Mitchell’s diffuse texture strikes me as being much better, though.) The textures themselves are M4 UV rather than M5, while his body uses the M5 shapes, but that’s nothing unusual.

Don’t regret having purchased the character, especially for half off, but he is a bit ... odd.

Oh, Alpha Male M5 is wearing Luthbel’s Highlander for Genesis (well ... parts of it) and SAV’s Eros Short Hair, and Project Alpha has on Sickleyield’s Necromancer (and again, parts of it) and SAV’s Spartacos long hair. Hellboy Soto’s posing background for the back and floor.

Don’t ask me what Lux is doing with Alpha Male’s eyes; they’re supposed to be light brown, and I made certain not to use a version with reflections baked in—that is, someone else’s eyes altogether. All I can think is that having the light source directly in front of him made them react like that.

EDIT: Decided to also try a scripted 3Delight point cloud occlusion render. Still don’t even vaguely understand what it does—I know it adds its own occlusion light and it’s a two-pass process, but beyond that?—but I like the slightly cartoonic look it gives, even though I’m not using the cartoon shader. (Also this render somehow makes them both look ever so slightly insane.) Changed absolutely nothing else about the image but the render engine. Amazing the difference that makes.

Image Attachments
alphas-02.pngalphas-03.png
 Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-09

Jericho—-a new M4 I’m working on…

Image Attachments
jericho-clean02.jpgcoatofclaretvelvet-pst.jpg

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2003-10-09
gypsyangel - 11 December 2012 05:28 AM

Awesome guy tongue wink

Signature 

Erdehel’s deviantart page

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-09
Erdehel - 11 December 2012 10:30 AM
gypsyangel - 11 December 2012 05:28 AM

Awesome guy tongue wink

Thanks, much!! :D

He is shaping up really nicely… smile

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09

Well, I’m a happy camper!

Just a quick test render with Stoltz (the Older) for Genesis by Phoenix1966, new in the store today.  Tried Guillaume hair on him, and Neftis is NOT kidding when she says that it takes a while to render. 10 minutes to get past his ears, even with the hair Ubersurfaced and invisible to raytracing.

Image Attachments
stoltz-03.png
 Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2004-09-18

Thought I’ll have a go with M4 (whom I never actually grown fond of… until yesterday). Finally, after a day of tweaking I’ve managed to create a character that is all mine that I like.

Inspired by a certain pirate, I couldn’t help myself.

Hope you like him.

Image Attachments
hook09.jpg

10 of 35