Digital Art Zone

9 of 35
Men… men, MEN!  And more MEN!!...  The prodigal sons have returned…
Posted: 23 November 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1597
Joined  2012-09-16
Mercedesk - 23 November 2012 01:34 PM
Estroyer - 23 November 2012 01:00 PM

Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
I am curious if anyone recognizes him…

I see that P tattoo on his arm, so he’s M5 - altered. Cool scene!

Teehee, thanks!
LOL Yeah that is M5 indeed…but I was aiming for someone else…a celebrity XD
I really liked that little P, I just had to use it ^^

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 23 November 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2004-09-07
Estroyer - 23 November 2012 01:56 PM
Mercedesk - 23 November 2012 01:34 PM
Estroyer - 23 November 2012 01:00 PM

Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
I am curious if anyone recognizes him…

I see that P tattoo on his arm, so he’s M5 - altered. Cool scene!

Teehee, thanks!
LOL Yeah that is M5 indeed…but I was aiming for someone else…a celebrity XD
I really liked that little P, I just had to use it ^^

Hmmmm… I tried, you got me. Maybe I haven’t been exposed to this particular one. *Shrug* wink

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 26 November 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1142
Joined  2009-01-09

Since I’ve been doing so much elsewhere in which Lochlan dresses down, and Brock wears what he has on in the second image (only more of it), I thought I’d mix it up a little.  (Though Brock apparently still has a thing for skirt-like clothing.  Big as he is, I’m not hugely surprised; I didn’t realize what a wall of muscle he was until I tried putting him in clothes. Even some of the Genesis clothes just sort of gave up the ghost; I guess not everything has the right sort of morphs in it to cope with a seriously outsized figure, even with smoothing and collision.)

First, Lochlan and Brock waiting for a train in Neo Station. I’m beginning to get rather fond of point-cloud occlusion/scripted 3Delight render, even if I don’t have the slightest idea what it’s actually doing.

Second, Brock watching Lochlan rehearse for a rather ... different number. (Actually, I really like how that image came out, for some reason.)

Image Attachments
lochlan-brock-neostation-01-pointcloudocclusion.pnglochlan-ropedance-danceacademy-01.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 26 November 2012 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4647
Joined  2008-03-06

Because it’s a very nice job of lighting on the second one?  That must’ve taken some time. :D

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09
SickleYield - 26 November 2012 12:54 AM

Because it’s a very nice job of lighting on the second one?  That must’ve taken some time. :D

Thought I’d posted a response to this last night, but apparently my browser et it.

I’m trying to work up some sort of consistent light set for Dance Studio—the base set has no lighting of its own—but that’s not it. The lighting for that scene is a linear point parented to the fluorescent bulb (and which clearly isn’t working properly, because there’s no reflection in the mirror) and the 3DS Sublime Studio Lights from RDNA (NOTE: Mildly NSFW images in that link.) I bought them back when I first got started with Studio, never used them and forgot about them until a couple of days ago.  I started experimenting with them and thought it was an interesting effect for the room.

Neo Station, which does have its own lights, was actually a LOT more work. For some reason—maybe because the station is cavernous and the lights are far away—I couldn’t get the lights to show shadows in normal 3Delight mode. Without shadows, there’s just enough ambient and reflection from the floor that the characters look like they’re floating over it, rather than standing on it. Throwing it into point-cloud occlusion mode in scripted 3Delight was more or less a last ditch measure that paid off.

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16

I love that pose from the acrobatic guy!
And I like your city view as well.
Where do you get your backgrounds from?

I got a sale mail from RDNA and found this:
http://www.runtimedna.com/ToolBoiComplete.html

On sale and erm…very artistic looking…I have tons of iddeas what to do with that bundle!

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

ToolBoi is a must-have and a no-brainer at that price. The set is totally awesome, as is the bad kitteh who made it :D

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16
araneldon - 02 December 2012 08:12 AM

ToolBoi is a must-have and a no-brainer at that price. The set is totally awesome, as is the bad kitteh who made it :D

I saw that the sale ends today so I am purchasing it now as we speak!

EDIT

Pfieuw!
RDNA gave me a scare!
It wouldn’t accept my Paypal payment…after a few tries it apparantly changed it mind seeing how desperate I wanted the Boi bundles XD

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09
Estroyer - 02 December 2012 07:28 AM

I love that pose from the acrobatic guy!
And I like your city view as well.
Where do you get your backgrounds from?

Thanks! The backgrounds just came with another couple sets.  3-D-C/pgmeri at Renderosity makes a few sets—Photo Studio, Apartment, Nice Places—that have windows with day and night outdoor backgrounds. I think the DAZ Apartment 39 set also has backgrounds—a very old New York background, I think—that can be useful.

Other than that, you can find some royalty-free city skylines out there; just put that image on a primitive plane in the diffuse channel on the Surfaces tab, put it into position where you need the view to be, and you’re ready to go. The advantage of that approach is that if you need your scene to be set in a particular city, you can find the skyline/scenery to match.

I got a sale mail from RDNA and found this:
http://www.runtimedna.com/ToolBoiComplete.html

On sale and erm…very artistic looking…I have tons of iddeas what to do with that bundle!

Oh, yes.  One of the really nice discoveries about Studio 4.5, as opposed to 4.0, is that it leaves the Toolboi morphs intact, and when the morphs are intact, Autofit and/or weightmap/Asset Transfer on those items actually works. (The set got mauled by 4.0 autofit and transfer.) When she was looking to release Toolboi here, Badkittehco said that she would do a later Genesis version; when that didn’t work out and she took it to RDNA instead, the Genesis version just didn’t happen. So it’s really nice to discover that it can be used that way.

All I have to do, when I get around to it and want to make it look more realistic, is find some actual tools for the toolbelt.

Image Attachments
calebm4shimizu-toolboi-02.png
 Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  624
Joined  2007-12-04

ToolBoi looks like a brilliant set… looking forward to getting that one grin

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 02 December 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4406
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks for the reminder about ToolBoi… been wanting that and with the RuntimeDNA sale right now…. $19.00 for such a comprehensive set .... yea, that’s a steel.  I’m going to refit all of the pieces except for the boots to Genesis.  There are other work boots I can use for that part.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09
RAMWolff - 02 December 2012 07:54 PM

Thanks for the reminder about ToolBoi… been wanting that and with the RuntimeDNA sale right now…. $19.00 for such a comprehensive set .... yea, that’s a steel.  I’m going to refit all of the pieces except for the boots to Genesis.  There are other work boots I can use for that part.

Yeah, there’s a set of workboots here at DAZ for Genesis that I used. By the by, I did the transfer for the Hardhat as both wardrobe/follower and prop/head, to make it easier to deal with some hair, if needed.

Forgot to mention: there’s also a set of poses called “Toolman” by Ensary at RDNA that kind of goes with the set. Some of the poses are even meant to look functional, if you have the equipment—shovels and jackhammers and other stuff. Most of which is even available at ShareCG or Renderosity free stuff. And they transfer well with Posemaster, if you want.

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4406
Joined  2004-08-11

I just wanted the set for the sexy jumpsuit and shorts!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 03 December 2012 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16

I need to go out in a min. But I have a site or two with free tools. I’ll look them up after I get home!

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16

Found this thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/625/

And I will add a list of my own.
See last page of that thread!