Digital Art Zone

6 of 6
Sci-Fi Novella Cover Design Contest (WIP Thread) - A.E. McCullough
Posted: 11 September 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15970
Joined  2003-10-09

And as I have noted in teh submission thread. Try to add a Unique title of some sort to each submission, to make it simple to add to the Poll,  even if it’s only something like ” Chohole entry 1”

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-04-21
Jake__Russel - 05 September 2012 04:33 AM

For those who are wondering what the characters look like, I talked with A.E. and this is the complete overview of how the main characters look. (Correct me A.E. if I misunderstood anything)

So DJ is:
-Sandy brown hair
-No facial hair
-Professional and normal looking
-Broad-shouldered
-Retired but Mid 30’s
-Has a slight belly
-Round friendly face, no facial hair.
-In some kind of uniform
-Eagle tattoo on left shoulder

Jagger Jax:
-Dark hair
-Bald
-Very big (massive shoulders and arms)
-Tribal tattoo sleeve
-black synth-leather outfit
-Mustach and gottee

El Gato:
-Blond hair (but can be any color)
-Skin tight suit
-Friend of DJ

Thank you for passing this along, Jake-is there a description of the daughter?

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2006-05-14

Odaa, I asked the author about these details but I never thought to ask him about the daughters appearance. You may need to send him a PM for it. Hope you submit an image or two. We need more people involved in the contest.

Posted: 14 September 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  425
Joined  2012-08-14
Jake__Russel - 14 September 2012 11:49 AM

Odaa, I asked the author about these details but I never thought to ask him about the daughters appearance. You may need to send him a PM for it. Hope you submit an image or two. We need more people involved in the contest.

Good memory Jake…you had the general descriptions down pat.  As to Kaitlyn (DJ’s daughter and the subject of his mission) she is a pre-teen (12 going on 16….those with kids know what I mean). Shoulder length brown hair….tomboy….has trained in boxing, gymnastics, ballet and dance. Hated the last two…loved the first two—but when DJ’s ex-wife gained all parental controls, she stopped Kaitlyn’s boxing and gymnastics training. Eventually, Kaitlyn discovered the sport of Parkour and that is now her favorite sport. As a side note, El Gato (Stephanie) is a master at Parkour and Kaitlyn’s coach. That is not to say that Kaitlyn doesn’t like girly stuff….but she isn’t the typical girly girl.

I hope this helps.

Signature 

Brotherlobo aka A.E. McCullough
Self-published Author and Hobbyist Designer

Checkout my website @ http://www.aemccullough.com
or on Amazon @ A.E. McCullough on Amazon
or ‘like’ me on Facebook @ A.E. McCullough on Facebook
or on deviantArt @  Brotherlobo @ deviantArt

Posted: 14 September 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-04-21
aemccullough - 14 September 2012 03:28 PM
Jake__Russel - 14 September 2012 11:49 AM

Good memory Jake…you had the general descriptions down pat.  As to Kaitlyn (DJ’s daughter and the subject of his mission) she is a pre-teen (12 going on 16….those with kids know what I mean). Shoulder length brown hair….tomboy….has trained in boxing, gymnastics, ballet and dance. Hated the last two…loved the first two—but when DJ’s ex-wife gained all parental controls, she stopped Kaitlyn’s boxing and gymnastics training. Eventually, Kaitlyn discovered the sport of Parkour and that is now her favorite sport. As a side note, El Gato (Stephanie) is a master at Parkour and Kaitlyn’s coach. That is not to say that Kaitlyn doesn’t like girly stuff….but she isn’t the typical girly girl.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-14

Jake….what morphs or add-ons did you use to get the tattoos and the scar on Jagger Jax?

Image Attachments
Jagger_Jax.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
aemccullough - 19 September 2012 05:56 AM

Jake….what morphs or add-ons did you use to get the tattoos and the scar on Jagger Jax?

I used Aiden for M5 skin map. It just happened to have a tattoo already that fit A.E.s description of what Jagger Jax tattoo looked like. Since the tattoo is only on one arm and only on the upper arm, all I did was find the texture map in the runtime folder, go into photoshop and paste the tattoo on the rest of the arm and a little on the neck. As you can see, it came out very well. I would have not been able to do it as well if I did it myself with my own Photoshop skills from a real tattoo.

The scar was just a line drawn over the eye and a layer style of bevel and overlay opacity setting. It works differently with different lighting so this setting is not universal.

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-14

Thanks….a couple new tricks for me to try. grin

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-14

I havent picked up the Michael 5 pack yet….been debating about it. Been working with M4 and Genesis….and a bunch of old stuff for M3 and V3.
Might have to invest in the new bundles

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
aemccullough - 19 September 2012 06:26 AM

I havent picked up the Michael 5 pack yet….been debating about it. Been working with M4 and Genesis….and a bunch of old stuff for M3 and V3.
Might have to invest in the new bundles

I actually got M5 because it was bundled with hair and clothing that I was going to buy anyway. It was also on sale so it worked out as a way to get several things for a good price. M5 is actually great if you are making a warrior sized character. M5 (hero morph) is taller and more like a football player. If you stand M5 and M4 together, M5 makes M4 look like a kid.

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-14

Once again I want to thank everyone for thier input, suggestions and entries. I am thrilled with the outcome.
I do plan to do this again for another novel that I’m working on—probably around the holidays. More info to come.

Thanks again grin

Signature 

6 of 6