Digital Art Zone

6 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 06 June 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2009-08-18

Image removed being stuck in the middle of a discussion about anaglyphic renders, and not being anaglyphic.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12
Horo - 06 June 2012 02:40 PM

We’re also working on lenses for the Bryce camera. After David set the stage, I’m currently working on establishing the controls to render anaglyphs in one go, A series of lens vignetting filters are ready. Effect filters await closer investigation. It’s all exceedingly exciting and I doubt that what we’re currently up to could be done with another 3D app. Bryce has so many tricks up the sleeve that await to be discovered.

Sounds very cool to have 3D filters within the render, and it’s perfect if you’re a purist (which a lot of Brycers are), but It’ll be interesting to see the effect on render times.

I know rendering through even a single sphere to get lens distortion can pack heaps on the render time, even on a simple scene.

Posted: 08 June 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2690
Joined  2004-07-06

Another anaglyph test.

Edit:  What I’ve found is that any kind of jpg compression on these type of images seems to degrade the effect markedly.

Image Attachments
GegALStest2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-18

Ok, had to see if this 3d-3d craze is working. I got out my hubby’s plastic (not cardboard)  3d spectacles to see the anaglyphs. Interesting. I think the most successful was the one with the arches. I could move my head, and move the screen and see a slight difference of the objects’s apparent position. Pretty high tek-ian stuff!  (shuffles off to render another ordinary scene).

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thanks for the feedback IceScribe.

Yes we are still finding our way with this effect and trying to determine what can and can’t be done.  Most premium effects are out of the question for obscure reasons - that being said, he’s a TA rendered using this method.  Seems to work quite nice.  Long render time but then again, it is TA, so that is to be expected anyhow.

Image Attachments
TA_anaglyph.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 08 June 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-18

Oooh! Crashed spaceship and mesas, nice depth to that one.  I don’t know what TA stands for in this kind of rendering. Keeping my borrowed glasses near to see what else you artists come up with.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

TA = True Ambience.  It is a premium effect render setting that produces good results under certain circumstances and almost always takes quite a long time.  I need to fix my banner then I can point to the tutorials Horo and I have made on this and various other topics.  Here’s a quick link to be going on with while I get organised http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/ so, back to the experiments with the Anaglyph Lens System.  Here the lenses have been adjusted to “shrink” the scene.  These ships are supposed to look like models.  Because the backdrop isn’t without colours this causes some issues in itself since strong colours close to the filter colours used meddles with the effect.  The model is one obtained from DAZ and made by Philip Drawbridge http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pausanias-cruiser/ indeed I like all of his space ships and I see this one is on offer at the moment.  The HDRI space backdrop is one of ours http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-deep-space-hdri-2/

Image Attachments
Space_scene_test1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Using a scene taken from here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-scene-converter/

Image Attachments
Numbstorm_anaglyph_test.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

And another - using a scene from this one http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-islands/

Image Attachments
Tmyis2_anaglyph.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17049
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s no good, these just make my eyes go funny.  Well funnier that they already are.  rolleyes

It’s very clever, and one of the CVs is trying to do it a similar thing using poser, but I guess I am primarily a 2d artist, despite using 3d apps to get the results I want.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 June 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3825
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 09 June 2012 05:21 AM

It’s no good, these just make my eyes go funny.

You do have red/cyan goggles, do you? And the red goes to the left eye. I mention the detail about the colours because I wrote a lot of hair-raising theories two days ago until I noticed I had inadvertently looked the wrong way through the glasses. Doh ...

Looking at 3D pictures (any method) needs some getting used to. For some, it comes quite easy, for others it is more difficult. A small percentage of humans never get a 3D impression.

The advantage of anaglyphs is that the viewing apparatus is cheap, one $ or so. The disadvantage is that the pictures ought to be monochrome because colours can spoil the 3D-effect or make your head spin. It depends, though. Sometimes it works with colour pictures.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 09 June 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17049
Joined  2003-10-09

red face  I have to admit I don’t have any 3d glasses of any sort now, have only played a bit with cheap ones in the past. .  I have a slightly disfunctional eye, inasmuch as it is defined as a lazy eye ((although not badly so).  I think this is probably, or possibly the reason that anaglyphs do nothing for me, so I have never bothered to get any good red/cyan goggles,

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 June 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
chohole - 09 June 2012 07:21 AM

red face  I have to admit I don’t have any 3d glasses of any sort now, have only played a bit with cheap ones in the past. .  I have a slightly disfunctional eye, inasmuch as it is defined as a lazy eye ((although not badly so).  I think this is probably, or possibly the reason that anaglyphs do nothing for me, so I have never bothered to get any good red/cyan goggles,

You need the glasses.  It won’t work without.

Image Attachments
Another_space_scene_anaglyph_test1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Another TA render.

Image Attachments
TA_render_test2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Here with an attempt to bring objects out of the screen.

Image Attachments
Spark_plug_anaglyph.jpg
 Signature 

6 of 101