Digital Art Zone

4 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 01 June 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7973
Joined  2009-05-14

Here is where I am at now with this project started in August 2010.

Using a Cube Fill light resized to cover all the buildings, with 64 lights, shadow Bias at -25 (thx Rashad for that tip) Shadows at 70%. Sun at 160% Spec at 70%. No sun soft shadows used as the render time would have been a week or so. LOL Render Quality was set the Regular as I found it too grainy when rendered without AA. Played about the FOV to lessen the fish eye distortion that occurs on the edges. I think I set the FOV at 100 at 120%. The Planets were rendered separately and a mask rendered with it.

To be honest I am still not 100% happy with the lighting.

After I had rendered all the elements and masks I then put it all together in PSE and gave it a few post processing functions like Sharpness and a soft orange tint. Gave the Dome a Bevel as I rendered a separate mask of that too, just in case. I even render the clouds and sky in a separate layer and making the clouds colour colour white and turning off the atmosphere and making it all black I made a mask of the clouds so they could be placed on top of the planets. Obviously I had to render a mask of the city to bring that forward making it the top layer in PSE.

Image Attachments
CityscapeDomedBest.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

and this is the plain render to show what I am refering to not being 100% with the outcome.

Image Attachments
PlainRender.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

szark,
Really nice image, the 2nd one has good depth to it and just the right amount of haze one would expect from an atmosphere controlled city full of vehicles under a dome. Love the idea of the sky roads, shows a sense of orderliness even though the vehicles would be able to travel any direction.

Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3559
Joined  2004-10-01

@Szark - very elaborate scene. I envy your patience to put such a scene together.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 02 June 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thx Kiwi and Horo

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2004-07-06

While my computer was happily rendering - here an image I posted at Bryce5.com but with DOF and slightly bluer light to (hopefully) satisfy the criticism offered by Rashad.  I was out cycling and falling off my bike - something that happens to me a lot… for some reason…  Also I am a bit sunburned too - bonus?

Image Attachments
Exspace_eg5_promo_dof.jpg
Image4.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16003
Joined  2003-10-09

Did you get the sunburn whilst laying on the road after falling off the bike ?  Enquring mind wants to know.  cool grin

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

No, I didn’t spend very long on the floor in case eager car drivers decided to finish me off.  The sunburn came from cycling for 5 and a half hours in the sun.  It was a moderately long cycle.  Between 35 and 40 miles - which may not sound like much, but some of it was through sand.  Which will be more meaningful to anyone who has cycled through sand!

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Sounds a long way to me, whether it’s through sand or on a nice smooth road.  Back in the day I could run a marathon, walk 70 miles or go for a 30 mile hack on my Pony , but cycling was never my favourite sport. Too much like hard work, especially if, like me, you have a tendency towards arthritis.  My Brother on the other hand would do 100 mile time trials, and has had both his hips replaced before he was 60 because of it.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3559
Joined  2004-10-01

Well, sport has never been good for your health. I’ve also burned my head today, though luckily a bit less. Not on the bike, just walking and climbing very steep countryside in 30°C. Did two HDRI panos. Left from the Devil’s Bridge (Teufelsbrücke), the other one looks down about 1000 ft.

Image Attachments
fd+lf.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Nice.  I am getting used to up and down countryside since we moved up here.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

@Szark
Very detailed, glad I didn’t have to render it!

@David
That’s a nice looking render, and the colour temperature does suit it.

I have to say that’s some serious sunburn though, and you’ve totally blown the mental image I had of you.
You don’t look half as posh as the National Geographic narrator sort I thought you was!

@Horo
Looks skillfully done for a peasant!

Posted: 03 June 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  657
Joined  2010-02-18

Of course, many expect to see a static render in this ‘Show us your Bryce Renders’ topic, however, let’s no forget the ‘animation-side-of renders-thingy’, too.

EDIT: Currently updating YouTube vid; as I felt it was rushed (that’s the problem when you try to contribute to Bryce Renders - hoping you can make an effort to keep the image ‘ALIVE’ - hint: animation), and not included features that I would have had liked to add. So, bare with this over-enthusiastic poster.

Jay
PS. Why has the YouTube linkage (allowing one to show a YouTube-image-vid that is then playable on clicking)...etc.,) been disabled in the new Bryce Forum setup?

PPS. Apologies: I’m not really including the YouTube link here above to achieve the so-called ‘hits’ that other posters in YouTube seem so stridently to achieve, but merely to give the ‘topic’ (‘Show us your Bryce Renders’) just another area of rendering options that others might submit to.

@David (Brinnen)
Is that an actual stone in your ‘cycling’ endevour? I recall one time whilst hill-walking on one of our highest mountains here in Ireland - falling, and embedding an un-called-for large-ish stone in to my knee—ooohh…the pain. Many don’t realise that walking upwards is the easy part to climbing/hill-walking, but it’s when on descending that you have to be careful - walking stick defintely recommended. BTW, as mentioned above, you look entirely different to what I imagined you to be from your old avatar - in this case, you look WAAAAY cool-er smile

Posted: 04 June 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  409
Joined  2011-04-18

Nice pics! Here is my contribution rolleyes:

Image removed by a moderator till resized…please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

Image Attachments
Malediven_oder_so.png

Posted: 04 June 2012 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thanks Jamahoney, a stone embedded in the knee sounds bad indeed and thankfully I’ve managed to avoid that, just grazed me elbow, knee and ribs throwing myself across loose gravel, slightly the worse than falling in the nettles a few days before and slightly better - possibly - than the recent incident with the new crank cogs and jamming them into my ankle (now healing nicely).  To me this does not seem the actions of anyone that is anyway “cool” but rather more tragically clumsy.

On the topic of renders… Having had some success unravelling some tricky optical puzzles (scene converter and spherical mapper (which will be set live as soon as DAZ fixes their website - checking my records from last year it took between three to five months for them to iron out the most serious bugs from their last adventure into a website overhaul… still, nothing we can do about that)) - anyway, Horo and I are presently researching the possibilities of more optical filtering.  Here, consider the example supplied that is not my leg.  A simple DTE terrain scene (taken from Bryce 7 Content Bundle 2 - which has been lost in limbo for over a year now) rendered TA but with the addition of a “special” optical filter.  Anyone care to guess what the filter does?

Image Attachments
Healing_nicely.jpg
Noclueinname.jpg
 Signature 

4 of 101