Digital Art Zone

3 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 30 May 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2010-01-30

Here is my DInka RHino Guard scene resized fit the forum (oops sorry Rashad!) - done in Bryce with HDRI lighting from HORO

Kiwi_GG yours are really nice models. I use Hexagon for modelling as I cant get my head around how to do some things in Bryce - so I’m really impressed with people who do such amazing detailed things with Bryce.

If anyone is interested, Ive got hold of PhotoZoom Pro4.1 from BenVista - this is a utility for re-sizing picture files and uses S-Spline algorithms to achieve fantastic clarity to huge allow enlarging to huge print sizes (up to 1 million x 1 million pixels), and also for reducing pic sizes it keeps edge clarity and overall quality far better than most other programs.

http://www.benvista.com/photozoompro

Image Attachments
Dinka+rhino1-2-SMLa.jpg

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15302
Joined  2003-10-09

I do apologise for having to remove your image.

We are hoping to get the autoresizing feature re-instated as soon as possible. It was working fine on the beta site, but for some reason didn’t translate over to the new server.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 May 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12
Rashad Carter - 29 May 2012 12:53 PM

I fully agree with Pumeco. The Chromatic Aberration as well as other effects like Lens Flare are essential. The purpose of many users is to create the look of a photo. All mediums have their signatures, and photos are no different. The errors indeed help. I am curious about the other forms of Chromatic Aberration Len is eluding to. There are several different types of scattering that can occur within a lens that can cause color shifting. There are also signatures specific to certain types of lenses, all very important for the ultimate fakery.

I just edited my post, I didn’t mean another form of Chromatic Aberration, I meant another form of Aberration.  Mind you, the effect I’m talking about is pretty much the same thing, only on a different sort of scale.  The most basic way to describe the difference is that while in photographs you tend to see the fringing in high-contrast areas, the other type I refer to is more evenly distributed.  If I were to say “Technicolor” to you, you’d be able to picture what Technicolor looks like.  Something I noticed though, was that although Technicolor is a process used on the film, the process wasn’t the whole look, and despite what endless amounts of plugin vendors will tell you, you cannot get the total Technicolor look through colour grading alone.

For the most part, the lenses they were using back then suffered from a form of Aberration that was actually really pleasing and just added to the aesthetic of Technicolor.  When you see a film in Technicolor, that look is a combination of the film process and the lens aberration, and it’s that type of aberration I’m talking about.

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

@ Jamahoney

Almost exclusively Bryce except when I find it quicker and easier to use another app. The 2 parts of the govener assembly I made in Hex but they could have been made (given Time) with bryce. The hull and deck of the riverboat are an app called “Freeship” and Hexagon but could have been made in the terrain editor if I wanted to spend hours in P/shop creating hieght maps. Lunar Rover was made a while ago and as I recall is all bryce . If you really want to model with Bryce Just pick an object study it and have a go.

Cheers
GG

Image Attachments
Govener.gif
clip_image001.gif
 Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-02-18

@Kiwi
That is very encouraging - using Byrce (and Hexagon) to create such objects. I’ve tackled the odd complex one indeed in Bryce, but they can take some time to complete, however, it gives one an in-depth experience in using the ‘ware to its full extent.

Thanks once again - it’s very obvious from your works that you are passionate in producing them. 

Cheers
Jay

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01

Very nice models, Kiwi_gg.

Here’s a shot using a very bad 18 mm lens with chromatic aberration and terrible vignetting.

Image Attachments
Runners18mm.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@Kiwi
Very nice nice models, and I like that Hammerite effect on some of the parts!

@Horo
That sure is looking very photographic, peasant!

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2006-05-26

Nice work Horo. Indeed, the Chromatic Aberration does help to marry the rendered content with the hdri backdrop nicely. Seems the step of aberration might be essential for these types of works. Wonder if we could create a filter that does it automatically in Bryce. Thinking.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01

Thanks pumeco and Rashad. I used PTLens for chromatic abberation and vignetting. Soft shadows and DOF was used already in Bryce. I wouldn’t take photographs with such a lens and if I did, I would never publish it. Nevertheless, the result does look like a shot with a cheap lens (focal length stated 18 mm actually translates to a 27 mm considering the crop factor of the DX sensor). At least it looks like a plausible photograph just because of its low quality. A filter in Bryce for CA? Interesting suggestion. A filter for vignetting may turn out to be rather simple.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

The blank space that was left on the “concept” Render Options dialogue had something to do with accessing post-work options - nuff said.

Remember Peasant Brinnen was after a certain vector effect?  I thought why not kill all birds with one stone and have a Post-Processing lab that could be accessed by a button from those options (and the main interface).  Lens aberrations and the ability to specify different lens properties was among them, so that when you render, you could do it through a virtual lens like you can in LightWave.  Things like Gamma control could also have been shifted into that area of the program, cleaning up the options a little.  Lens flares, Vignetting, Vector/Wire, and Cell shading are other examples of what could also be a part of a Post-Processing Lab.

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2006-05-26
pumeco - 31 May 2012 04:23 PM

The blank space that was left on the “concept” Render Options dialogue had something to do with accessing post-work options - nuff said.

Remember Peasant Brinnen was after a certain vector effect?  I thought why not kill all birds with one stone and have a Post-Processing lab that could be accessed by a button from those options (and the main interface).  Lens aberrations and the ability to specify different lens properties was among them, so that when you render, you could do it through a virtual lens like you can in LightWave.  Things like Gamma control could also have been shifted into that area of the program, cleaning up the options a little.  Lens flares, Vignetting, Vector/Wire, and Cell shading are other examples of what could also be a part of a Post-Processing Lab.

Carrara has something like this, as does Vue. About time for Bryce to get some post processing tools.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-11

1970’s TV series ‘The Invaders’ 

Starring M4 as David Vincent…

Iimage removed too wide     max size is 800x800 pixels

OK Try again, this is 798x598

Image Attachments
Landing5L19.jpg

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2011-05-02

It is my birthday today and you can all have a sweet.

Evil Gummy Bryce Object

Image Attachments
Bear_Studio2.jpg

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7645
Joined  2009-05-14
Rashad Carter - 29 May 2012 12:18 AM
Szark - 28 May 2012 05:52 PM

Rashad you inspired me, with yoiur opening image, to return to an image I started two years ago and I have publiclly shown two versions both not good enough for me when I look back on them. When you see it you may remember it as you gave me Fill Cube Light advice for it.

I think I already remember the image. It was a cityscape with a nearby mountain range of sorts. The city was kind of in the valley. I suggested the 3D Fill bwecause Domes and IBl while great, were casting light from too far of a distance, making it hard to illuminate those surfaces which are hidden from the sky but still worthy of indirect bounced light from the environment. The 3d Fill does that quite well.

But in truth there are lots of possible light arrangements, all of them with benefits and drawbacks.

What I find interesting in your post is that it has been already 2 years since the last Bryce update. Hmm.

Good memory Rashad, I’m impressed.

No it wasn’t two years ago when you gave your Fill light advice, just two years from the original. The one we are talikng about was the second attempt.

Sorry I havn’t replied to you all but I have been laid up for a few days.

Kiiw: Good modelling skills there, I like them all.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7645
Joined  2009-05-14

keryna stunning image.