Digital Art Zone

98 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 11 October 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1456 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2012-08-14

Yes Horo it is one of my photos but I put it in there just for fun.  I like to try to duplicate.  I have used it in brushes. But that’s a work in progress.

Posted: 11 October 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1457 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  Long walk home is very good.  I just realized how he gets home.  You created a door at the base of that hill, that allows the person to walk down a tunnel to a circular stair case.  Or, there’s an elevator on the far side of the hill.  Nice job.  And Hazy Sunset.  Very nice job.  Great job with the haze to get just the right affects.

@silver:  Love the render.  Reminds me of air bubbles in oil.  Or air in amber.  Really nice.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1458 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3382
Joined  2004-10-01
TheSavage64 - 11 October 2012 04:11 PM
Horo - 11 October 2012 02:51 PM

That’s a funny one. Hope this chap has a rope smile

I could build him a staircase around the back of the hill…. or just pretend I already did. grin

Meanwhile; Hazy Sunset

That haze looks more like pollution to me, must be the colour. Otherwise nice render.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1459 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
silverdali - 11 October 2012 09:38 PM

I thought i would give panoramic a go its a little tricky but i had fun

Outstanding abstract. Love it. Great colours and forms.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1460 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14

To silverdoli. I like the abstact. colors contrast very good. To Gussnemo your segestion of making the the whilpool a crater is in the works. I also tried to make a Galaxy out of it. But it a little difficult I have a slow computer a Phenom 2x4, which I will upgrade soon. I also saw like Horo “How do you get in”. But like a couple of building here at the Grand Canyon you must enter through the back? I,m posting another render. The silver planet is just there tell I put in Zeus or something like it. The pillars are from Rendosity I,ll grab whatever free. But I did purchase Bryce 7 content bundle today.

Image Attachments
Greek_to_me_(800x404).jpg

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1461 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2010-11-14
Horo - 12 October 2012 01:04 AM
silverdali - 11 October 2012 09:38 PM

I thought i would give panoramic a go its a little tricky but i had fun

Outstanding abstract. Love it. Great colours and forms.

@ Horo thanks for the comment actually I started off with one of yours and Davids tuts .........How to create abstract voids By David Brinnen & Horo 2005 and thats what I ended up with an Epic journey…....... well I kinda went off the beaten track a bit with the tut, but i got the gist of what was intended I did do the tut and get the result ...........  i just diverted a bit lol

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1462 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2010-11-14
canyonmanterry - 12 October 2012 01:10 AM

To silverdoli. I like the abstact. colors contrast very good. To Gussnemo your segestion of making the the whilpool a crater is in the works. I also tried to make a Galaxy out of it. But it a little difficult I have a slow computer a Phenom 2x4, which I will upgrade soon. I also saw like Horo “How do you get in”. But like a couple of building here at the Grand Canyon you must enter through the back? I,m posting another render. The silver planet is just there tell I put in Zeus or something like it. The pillars are from Rendosity I,ll grab whatever free. But I did purchase Bryce 7 content bundle today.

@ canyonmanterry greek to me ........wonderful image and and excellent geometric composition

Posted: 12 October 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1463 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14

This the next installment of that theme. Still like to put a Zeus in their. but for now.

Image Attachments
Greek_to_me2_(800x404).jpg

Posted: 12 October 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1464 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15338
Joined  2003-10-09

OK.  I re rendered this one.

Changed the female figures pose.

Added a tad of DOF and softer shadows.  Because I know Horo often tells me to abandon Gamma Correction, I did so this time, so not my normal soft watercolour effect.

Image Attachments
Moongate_4_copy.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1465 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14

@Chohole. I like this much better. the top sharper and the shadow from the child softer. She really looks like she angry.

Posted: 12 October 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1466 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

We have that gamma correction thread and I’m very interested to hear what others think.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1467 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@canyon:  I think your first image is great.  The reflection of the pillars on the dais is great, as is the reflection of the pillars on the silver planet.  Using the black to form the geometric is one thing that sets off the scene. But what I think is the key to that scene is the sky; which looks like a default sky.  That sky gives the entire scene the illusion that it’s floating, that it’s a mystic place, a part of a fantasy story.  Some may question that the horizon should have been adjusted, but I don’t think so.  It’s that horizon that helps give the scene it affect.  That’s a very well done scene.

On the second image I question the snow(?) that comes up to the dais area.  Were you going for snow or clouds?  If it’s snow on a mountain peak, then I’d bring out more of the mountain so you have a better base to place the snow.  As it stands, the snow around the dais has a greater intensity that what’s depicted around the base of the dais.  Seems to me dais snow and mountain peak snow should almost look the same.  And would you have green that high up?  I do think the crystal dome is a nice touch.  As is the reflection of the dome on the silver planet.

@Chohole:  Ummm…would you hold your left thumb in that fashion?  Is that woman that mad she’s having hand spasms?  And now, she does look fit to chew nails.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1468 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14

O.K. I got rid of the dome. changed the clouds. and also changed the sky.  There is SO much here to do. I mean change, munipulate. reuse. It,s almost overwelming. But that O.K.  I only been doing this 3D stuff for only 2 month. Give me 2+ yrs then I’ll get the hang of it. rolleyes

Image Attachments
Greek_to_me3_(800x404).jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1469 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@canyon:  I like the changes, except I liked the other dome better.  The one in the current image almost disappears because of the sky.  Have you tried taking the snow changes and adding it to the closeup image with just the pillars?  That’s be interesting to see.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1470 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-11-17

I haven’t visited this thread for a while, but anyway:

@silverdali:
I like the colour scheme of your abstract, as well as the details on the right of your artwork.

@TheSavage64:
That ‘house on the mountain’ scene is really neat!  The atmosphere and textures have a good taste. There are two things that imho might be changed:
- lowering the scale of the tree that is 1/3 from the right of the image - that would bring more perspective illusion of depth on that area.
- adding some fine bump to the grass - it looks a bit too flat for me at the moment

@StuartB4:
The water has charming colour and I really like the shapes of the mountains.

@canyonmanterry:
These shapes on ‘Drip, drip, drip’ are somewhat abstract and somewhat real, while the sky is quite plain to be realistic, and too blue to be abstract. Taking the scene to either of these direction would help it to be amazing surely.

98 of 101