Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 08 October 2012 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1426 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15655
Joined  2003-10-09
StuartB4 - 08 October 2012 02:34 AM

#snipped#

Just a short question, is there any way to change the time to the correct UK time on the forum.
I noticed it says I posted this at 2:34 A.M. but it was actually 9:34 A.M.

Your Profile (see top right of forum screen, below the top bars. Localization Settings ( and that is Daz’ spelling not mine.)

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 08 October 2012 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1427 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2010-02-18

Guss…excellent result..it was very informative and instructional to see the cart develop into your final artwork.

Ice…very nice…almost natural.

Stuart..very interesting technique using the terrain that way..must try it out.

Jay

Posted: 08 October 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1428 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2010-02-02

@chohole - Thanks for that, sorted.

Posted: 08 October 2012 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1429 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-02

@Horo - Thanks for that, will have a look and a mess about.

@Jamahoney - Still need to work on it a bit.

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1430 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2009-05-04

@GussNemo: I have just seen your last pic. It is fun to watch your progress (I hope that does not sound too fatherly). Nice floor. Also the texture of the children balls are excellent. If I should suggest an improvement (and that’s not easy wink You could give the red wagon a tiny bit of bump, maybe the tires, too. And though the floor texture is excellent, but you can see the tiles (but I had to look twice).  Keep up the good work.

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1431 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@Jay:  Thank you, it was a rather interesting adventure.  Of course it isn’t over, there’s something else I have in mind with the pull toy.  And so much more to learn.

@electro:  I could add a bit of bump to the wagon body, but I was going for a plastic/painted wood look.  Those have a flat, rather dull, looking surface.  But the idea of roughing up the surface would be something to try and see what results.

Haha, yeah, the planks don’t look quite right do they?  I saw that also, but decided when the deck was stained there was a coffee break every five minutes.  And the stain dried before each coat could be blended with the next.  I’ll have to take a closer look at that 2D image to see if it’s that way in the original image or something that occurred when applied to the infinite plain.  It may be I can align each panel if the infinite plain is the problem.  Or try adding it to a terrain or new plain instead.  I have plenty of beakers to experiment with.

The tires.  Again, going for the smooth looking plastic/painted wood affect.  But perhaps using a few torus to create grooves would look nice.  More experimenting.  Thanks for the suggestions and your compliments.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1432 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

My first completed render in Bryce 7 Pro.  Feel free to pull it to pieces

Convo for this image goes something like this

“You just wit till I get you home”

“But Muuum, you did say it was a Moon gate”

Image Attachments
Moongate_3_copy.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 09 October 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1433 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3477
Joined  2004-10-01

Congratulations! So you made Bryce 7.1 Pro to work. Render looks cool. I like that the child can only be seen as shadow - apart from the leg. Vegetation matches the one from the Moon Gate. If mom doesn’t make a step forward soon, she’ll fall on her nose. Otherwise, very nicely done. Next step, try a bit of soft shadows, 10% or so.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1434 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@chohole:  Horo beat me to it, mom looking like she was on the way down for a nose plant.  She also looks like she’s listing to starboard a bit.

A good way to get a general idea of how a figure would be posed is to stand in front of a mirror and do the pose.  Observe how you’re standing, feet position, posture, hand/finger/arm positions, where your body weight is placed, your head position, the overall look while holding the pose.

And whether or not, as you’ve done in that scene, action is taking place.  Because action brings in its own characteristics, it’s equally important to view yourself in a mirror so you can get the body weight distribution correct.  In your image, the figure appears to be taking a step forward, yet her upper body is leaning too far to the right.  Moving forward would have the upper body centered over the hips, the hips would be slightly forward and the bodies weight would be on the right leg.  And if she was really in a hurry, the upper body would be more forward but still centered over the hips.  Think of a sprinter not long after the start of a race.  They’re not in their starting position, but not in a full upright position either.

I really do like what you’ve done, especially the little girl’s shadow and leg.  It adds without adding.  I do agree with Horo about softening the shadows.  Right now it looks like there’s a spot light on both figures.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1435 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, that’s what I get for relying on a canned pose to knock out the render quickly.  Not something I do very often.  I should be really ashamed of myself for that.  red face  GussNemo your advice was exactly the advice I was giving to newbies in the educational Newbie Contest we run.

And yes I normally prefer soft shadows, but this was done using standard settings, just to get it rendered while I had a few minutes to spare.

I was well impressed with the speed of the render, I guess that has something to do with the New PC as well as using Bryce 7 instead of my beloved Bryce 5.

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1436 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-02

@chohole - Never tried anything with human figures in it myself. The mum kind of reminds me of Joanna Lumley.

Posted: 09 October 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1437 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@chohole: I’ve done that several times.  Take those few spare minutes to rush through something in order to get it done.  And end up with something that tells me it’s time to do something else for a while.

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1438 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2012-08-14

I like the cottage and the ship’s in the storm. I took a vacation. wonderfull art on display again.

Posted: 10 October 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1439 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-02

Just thought I’d try something different to the usual still life renders I’ve done.
Quite happy with this one but needs a bit more work I think to make it look
more natural. I found the boat on a site a couple of years age, can’t remember where now.

Image Attachments
Bay.jpg

Posted: 10 October 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1440 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3477
Joined  2004-10-01

Looking good, interesting camera angle. The boat is great to give us a scale clue. There is some fuzziness under water near the bottom of the image which doesn’t look right to me.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

96 of 101