The dragons, as requested…

Image Attachments
ARED1z.jpgFRE3z.jpg

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1352 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15740
Joined  2003-10-09

Thankyou.  I think they are so good the others should see them as well. cool smile

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1353 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2009-08-09
chohole - 02 October 2012 02:28 PM

Thankyou.  I think they are so good the others should see them as well. cool smile

Thanks very much, it’s my pleasure.

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1354 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-04-21

You do great work, M!chaelFrank!

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1355 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

@M1chaelFrank   great concept of the dragons as trees. Nice work!

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1356 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

Got the Ken Gilliland Pelicans loaded and ready to go. Here is my first effort testing out sending to Bryce (from DAZ3) and then using Duplicate and tilting the object pelicans slightly. I like the way they turned out. Can’t get too much “closer” for the whole bird. It shows the construction a bit more obviously. Cropped but otherwise as renedered.

Image Attachments
Pelicans.jpg
 Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1357 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2004-07-06

Seems I’m on catch-up again.  Well, in reverse order, the birds flying over the sea did indeed turn out well.  Good colour and lighting, nice composition.

Michael Frank I’m pleased to see has joined us here, I’ve already commented on his fantastic images elsewhere.  Needless to say I was very impressed - but a little bit critical - just to show willing.  As it would get very dull if I just went on about how much I enjoyed looking at his images.  Which I do.

Dave…  the ships in the storm… I thought those were stealing the scene, at least until I saw the three skulls.  I do like simple scenes done well, and that’s a simple scene done very well indeed.  I admit though to being a little curious about the compositional choice of having that large empty oblong of black occupying the upper half of the image.  I think I’d have dropped the camera and had the horizon pass through the top of the skulls somewhat and cropped 2:1.  But I do like your choice.  The almost opalescent/pearlescent effect you have from the specular is wonderful.  I wish we had a gallery here so I could award you full marks.  Just take them anyway!

Here’s a few experiments I’ve been running.  Consider them wips for ponderings I’ve been having about TA rendering and light.  They all use Horo’s Treppenhalle2 HDRI.

Image Attachments
Treppenhalle2_asc1.jpgTreppenhalle2_asc2.jpgTreppenhalle2_asc3.jpgTreppenhalle2_asc4.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1358 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 02 October 2012 03:49 PM

Dave…  the ships in the storm… I thought those were stealing the scene, at least until I saw the three skulls.  I do like simple scenes done well, and that’s a simple scene done very well indeed.  I admit though to being a little curious about the compositional choice of having that large empty oblong of black occupying the upper half of the image.  I think I’d have dropped the camera and had the horizon pass through the top of the skulls somewhat and cropped 2:1.  But I do like your choice.

The graphic designer in me always likes to leave plenty of space for words… That’s where the bit that says “Happy Halloween” will go. grin

The almost opalescent/pearlescent effect you have from the specular is wonderful.  I wish we had a gallery here so I could award you full marks.  Just take them anyway!

Thanks, I’ll put them safe in my skull decorated box. cheese

Here’s a few experiments I’ve been running.  Consider them wips for ponderings I’ve been having about TA rendering and light.  They all use Horo’s Treppenhalle2 HDRI.

Looking good!
In the bottom one with the fire pits, I’d have been too temped to leave the fire extinguisher in view to the left. wink

Image Attachments
Skull-Box-Big.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1359 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
Odaa - 02 October 2012 02:38 PM

You do great work, M!chaelFrank!

Thanks very much!

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1360 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
IceScribe - 02 October 2012 02:59 PM

@M1chaelFrank   great concept of the dragons as trees. Nice work!

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1361 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09

Seems I’m on catch-up again.  Well, in reverse order, the birds flying over the sea did indeed turn out well.  Good colour and lighting, nice composition.

Michael Frank I’m pleased to see has joined us here, I’ve already commented on his fantastic images elsewhere.  Needless to say I was very impressed - but a little bit critical - just to show willing.  As it would get very dull if I just went on about how much I enjoyed looking at his images.  Which I do.

Dave…  the ships in the storm… I thought those were stealing the scene, at least until I saw the three skulls.  I do like simple scenes done well, and that’s a simple scene done very well indeed.  I admit though to being a little curious about the compositional choice of having that large empty oblong of black occupying the upper half of the image.  I think I’d have dropped the camera and had the horizon pass through the top of the skulls somewhat and cropped 2:1.  But I do like your choice.  The almost opalescent/pearlescent effect you have from the specular is wonderful.  I wish we had a gallery here so I could award you full marks.  Just take them anyway!

Thanks for the support David!  i’m working diligently on trying to make my dragons look a bit less like sea-horses, but as luck would have it, I’m actually trying to make a sea-horse now…  hmm, I’ll be darned if it ends up looking like a dragon.  I’ve been on a “cute” streak lately and fun as it is, I’m determined to be a bit scarier… esp. with Halloween around the corner.  Btw, your lighting experiments are fascinating.  It’s really making me want to try a few more ambitious things!

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1362 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-21

David: I liked the first three lighting experiments, but something seemed off about the one with the coals…as if the glow on her legs was too bright, or as if the firelight “shouldn’t” be able to reach her legs from that angle.

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1363 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-21

Here’s the version of the Viking ship image using Horo’s suggestions.

Image Attachments
VikingShip2HoroSuggestions.jpg

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1364 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  2011-09-25

@M1chael:  Those dragon trees, IMHO, are fantastic.  You said your seahorses end up looking like dragons?  Well, they sort of do, except with much longer and narrower snouts.  Oh, and no fire or big teeth.

@Ice:  Looking at that image I feel I’m in the plane that’s following those birds.  I really like that image.

@David:  How in the world did Vicky get all that stuff into that building?  Perhaps it’s time she sports a pair of leggings and boots?  Is the intensity of the white orb the same in all three images?  I ask because, while Vicky appears to be the same relative distance from the orb, the intensity in the last image seems to be greater.

@Dave:  Love that casket.  Those skulls are remarkable.

@Odaa:  It’s weird, but the longer I studied that image, the more things seem to sway.  Up and down, up and down, up and down. LOL

Now it’s my turn.  You may have seen the little pull toy I’ve been working on, and David’s offer to give it some fancy lighting.  Well, I took him up on his offer and here is the result.  He used TA, threw in some carpet, and all I can say is WOW.  Such an improvement.

He also asked, because of the carpet, if that was the direction I was headed.  Yes, David, it is.  I’ve an image of a wood floor with a round throw rug sitting under the toy, with other toys scattered somewhere in the background.

I did take Dave’s advice and redid the pull rope so it fell as it should once it came out of the pull toy end.  I also repositioned it so the image isn’t as long.  I tried playing with the material for the pull rope but didn’t like the results so I went back to it’s original material, tweaked just slightly..

Image Attachments
Wagon_Box_and_Wheels_24_m2_1.pngWagon_Box_and_Wheels_24_m5.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1365 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2012-09-20

Well, Here’s my second render. I changed it up some from my original look. I’m taking a big chance putting it in here. Please go easy on me lol. But if there’s anything it needs to make it better, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Image Attachments
Towers.jpg

91 of 101