Digital Art Zone

87 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 29 September 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1291 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2690
Joined  2004-07-06

I apologise in advance for making such a mundane contribution to this thread, but this is indeed what I’ve been rendering since yesterday.  This bit took about four hours to render.  Uses HDRI derived TA optimised gel lights and standard Bryce sun.  The idea was to simulate the kind of lighting that I see in the bathroom when the sun gets around to the West.

Image Attachments
bathroom_sink6v5bb2_remake3_detail.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1292 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3825
Joined  2004-10-01
canyonmanterry - 29 September 2012 02:53 AM

I,m working on making a different scene but this came as a result of messing around with text and mats.  I thought it look quite nice. trying to follow some of the tuts. this bryce program is quite fun. Thanks terry. P.S. like the car!

Those mirror renders are always interesting to look at.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1293 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@GussNemo - great, you could make it work, the hole for the rope.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1294 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
David Brinnen - 29 September 2012 08:51 AM

I apologise in advance for making such a mundane contribution to this thread, but this is indeed what I’ve been rendering since yesterday.  This bit took about four hours to render.  Uses HDRI derived TA optimised gel lights and standard Bryce sun.  The idea was to simulate the kind of lighting that I see in the bathroom when the sun gets around to the West.

Mundane? Lighting is excellent. I’m fascinated by the reflections on the faucet. The red in the reflection and the red on the wall at left, looks awesome.

Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1295 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  I don’t think anything you contribute is mundane, nor could it be.  At least to me, and perhaps a few others, everything you contribute is a lesson.  Of which I greatly appreciate.

@Canyon:  That image is really spectacular.  Mind sharing how you did it?  This inquiring mind would like to know.

Here are a couple more images of the pull toy I made.  One shows the actual hole cut into the end of the wagon, which I think came out quite nice.  The other is with a sky inserted and a radial light.  This one I though ended up particularly nice.

Image Attachments
Wagon_Box_and_Wheels_23.pngWagon_Box_and_Wheels_19.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1296 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

Funny how you can work on a scene for many hours and not notice something that you should have. GussNemo was right on the money about the walkway in the image I posted a few pages back. Going to go back and see if I can fix that (thanks Guss!).

Now for a little catch up…

Thanks for the comments on my scene, tis appreciated!

Dave - that Gretsch turned out really well. Hard to tell it’s a rendered image. I certainly feel your pain on the image editor bugs, ack!
Excellent cloud work in your other image. I just save the material, I haven’t much luck with clouds saved as objects then used in other scenes.

Tornado - great seaside images . I also like the second image better, not too cottony at all .
The transparency in Gimp may be the alpha channel Bryce uses to keep track of where Bryce is in the render process. I have the same problem with the Mac’s Preview app.

Silverdali - your car image is very good and I like it a lot. Although I’d up the haze a bit to match the “God rays” from the headlights.

Atlantis - Love the Giger pumpkin. Interesting concept.

Guss - your cart is turning out very nice.

And David - your bathroom scene keeps getting better and better!

Well, back to trying to damage some primitives for Rendo’s “Damage” challenge, which is indeed quite challenging.

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1297 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 28 September 2012 03:40 PM

@Mark:  That sure is tempting, but there are other things that need the price of that package.  Thanks for the arrow.

No problem, I mainly just mentioned it because I remember being impressed with how well it covered boolean modelling in a way that beginners can understand but without being terribly boring to people who are a little more experienced.

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1298 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

BTW and FWIW I’ve been having some troubles posting replies. When I click submit post rather then returning to the thread like normal it goes to a page showing a blank post as if my reply got lost and it wanted me to type a reply out again. If I click the back button I get back to my unsubmitted post and everything I typed is still there. The only way I’ve been able to get posts to actually post is to click preview post first and then click submit post.

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1299 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17050
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah, I have had that a time or 2. But I found using the back button and simply hitting submit post again worked for me.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 September 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1300 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dan:  Thanks.  I had something pointed out to me about one of the baby rattles in the wagon that I didn’t see.  But I like the critique, it’s the only way to improve.  ‘Course, at 2 or 3 in the morning it’s kind of hard to see anyway.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 29 September 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1301 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1775
Joined  2007-12-10

@ David; Thanks for that about the clouds.
I’ve just saved the slab into the library though… It does help to have a good base to use even if it needs tweaking in each scene.
In the past I have recycled both scenery and skies by opening the relevant saved document and pasting in new components.

Anyway, I’m still playing with the same base cloud material, I thought I’d get my ship back out for this one.

Image Attachments
Ship-to-Shore-Big.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 29 September 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1302 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1775
Joined  2007-12-10
GussNemo - 29 September 2012 11:51 AM

Here are a couple more images of the pull toy I made.  One shows the actual hole cut into the end of the wagon, which I think came out quite nice.  The other is with a sky inserted and a radial light.  This one I though ended up particularly nice.

Looking better every time.
Just a few small things; Where the rope comes out of the hole, it would really fall to the floor straight away instead of retaining it’s horizontal direction.
The only other thing I can see is to do with lighting or at least in the way the materials react to the lighting. I think you could improve the render slightly by reducing the cart’s material ambience* to 0 (you may then find you need to do the same with the contents too). And if you haven’t already, set the sun’s shadows to 100. This will just make the inside and underside of the cart darker giving a better sense of depth between the lighter and shaded parts.

* Why the heck is Firefox telling me that this is spelled wrong?

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 29 September 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1303 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2009-04-21

Playing with Jed’s awesome freebie ships.  One has been postworked with some of Ron Deviney’s stuff, give at a bit of a wake.

Image Attachments
VikingShipNoncommercial.jpgVikingShipNoncommercialPostworked.png

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1304 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25
TheSavage64 - 29 September 2012 03:09 PM
GussNemo - 29 September 2012 11:51 AM

Looking better every time.
Just a few small things; Where the rope comes out of the hole, it would really fall to the floor straight away instead of retaining it’s horizontal direction.
The only other thing I can see is to do with lighting or at least in the way the materials react to the lighting. I think you could improve the render slightly by reducing the cart’s material ambience* to 0 (you may then find you need to do the same with the contents too). And if you haven’t already, set the sun’s shadows to 100. This will just make the inside and underside of the cart darker giving a better sense of depth between the lighter and shaded parts.

* Why the heck is Firefox telling me that this is spelled wrong?

@Dave:  I really like that render.  It has a very good mood.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I did realize the rope should fall directly downward after coming out of the hole, just another thing to play with.  I’m not totally satisfied with the shape of the rope and am going to redo it so it lays on the ground more to the side so the image isn’t so long.  This way I get to play with Hexagon again. grin

Light, yeah, I sort of like how that last image turned out, but something isn’t quite right.  I did have the shadows set to 100 at one point but it made the right wheel seem as though it extended under the wagon, or was attached to something underneath.

They also lacked definition.  They looked more like part of the wagon side than independent items.  I’ll upload an image to show you.

Except for the rattles, well maybe the red one, I agree light reaction isn’t good.  I tried to make the wheel rims metal, which fell flat, and the blocks I tried for a plastic affect.  Flat again.  Talking about all this, I did add the items to the Object file so I can play with each separately.  Once I get the look I want I can then reassemble the wagon.

Here’s an image of just the wagon.  Notice how the near wheels appear to be attached to something under the wagon.  And lack definition.

@Odaa:  Those two images almost make me sea sick.  The swells look great.  The second image has what appears a bow wave, yes?  If that wave had just been generated by the bow, would it be as spread out as in the image?  Would it be as pronounced along the entire ship?  Just something that came to mind.

Image Attachments
Wagon_Box_and_Wheels_8.png
 Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1305 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
TheSavage64 - 29 September 2012 02:54 PM

@ David; Thanks for that about the clouds.
I’ve just saved the slab into the library though… It does help to have a good base to use even if it needs tweaking in each scene.
In the past I have recycled both scenery and skies by opening the relevant saved document and pasting in new components.

Anyway, I’m still playing with the same base cloud material, I thought I’d get my ship back out for this one.

Terrible job there, too real looking smile

87 of 101