86 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!
Posted: 28 September 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1276 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1487
Joined  2011-09-25

@silverdali:  Love the render. 

@Horo:  Thanks.  I’d like a bit more texture on them but I can play around with that idea at some point in time.

A general question to anyone:  The original rope for the pull toy was similar to the one in my image, but only had the one ball at the end.  The lesson showed placing the other end onto the end of the wagon, but nothing about how it should look afterwards.  If you’ve ever drilled a hole through something for the purpose of running something through that hole, you know if the item run through the hole is small enough you still see that a hole is present in the material you drilled.  Still with me?

Now, the inside of the wagon was made using a cutting cube, which is then grouped with the outside cube.  Boolean, got to love it.  Since the rope was to appear going through the end of the wagon, a hole would need to be cut with a cutting cylinder in order for the appearance to seem real.  But the outside cube was already grouped with the inside cutting cube.  How would putting another cutting object onto a grouped cut object affect the already cut object?

@tornado:  The changes you made give the image a much different look.  Better in my opinion.  I now see that the light I had questioned is coming from the buildings in front of the wharf.  The entire mood in that image has now change, and for the better.  Very nice job.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 28 September 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1277 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 28 September 2012 12:19 PM

@Horo:  Thanks.  I’d like a bit more texture on them but I can play around with that idea at some point in time.

A general question to anyone:  The original rope for the pull toy was similar to the one in my image, but only had the one ball at the end.  The lesson showed placing the other end onto the end of the wagon, but nothing about how it should look afterwards.  If you’ve ever drilled a hole through something for the purpose of running something through that hole, you know if the item run through the hole is small enough you still see that a hole is present in the material you drilled.  Still with me?

Now, the inside of the wagon was made using a cutting cube, which is then grouped with the outside cube.  Boolean, got to love it.  Since the rope was to appear going through the end of the wagon, a hole would need to be cut with a cutting cylinder in order for the appearance to seem real.  But the outside cube was already grouped with the inside cutting cube.  How would putting another cutting object onto a grouped cut object affect the already cut object?

@tornado:  The changes you made give the image a much different look.  Better in my opinion.  I now see that the light I had questioned is coming from the buildings in front of the wharf.  The entire mood in that image has now change, and for the better.  Very nice job.

This doesn’t really answer your question but I wanted to suggest you consider trying this item. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-masters-series-great-hall I only mention it because after having followed it once I felt it taught me alot about boolean modeling. Alas it was long enough ago that I forgot most of what I learned but that’s neither here nor there.

Posted: 28 September 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1278 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3536
Joined  2004-10-01

@GussNemo - as I’ve mentioned earlier, I’m a weak modeler. You have two options to drill that hole. (1) ungroup, add a negative cylinder that cuts the hole, then group all together again. (2) Make the existing group positive, add a negative cylinder for the hole, then group cylinder with group.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1279 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25
Horo - 28 September 2012 01:06 PM

@GussNemo - as I’ve mentioned earlier, I’m a weak modeler. You have two options to drill that hole. (1) ungroup, add a negative cylinder that cuts the hole, then group all together again. (2) Make the existing group positive, add a negative cylinder for the hole, then group cylinder with group.

@Horo:  The wagon outside is positive.  The wagon inside is negative. Group and the cut is made.  So I can take that wagon group and make the entire thing positive and group a negative cylinder with it?  And I can select just the wagon parts with Ctrl and left clicking so the other objects aren’t selected.  I can sure try it and see what happens.  I do know how to use Ctrl-Z.  Thanks Horo.

@Mark:  That sure is tempting, but there are other things that need the price of that package.  Thanks for the arrow.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 28 September 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1280 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2010-11-14
Horo - 28 September 2012 02:35 AM

@GussNemo - I like how you managed the rope with the spheres at the ends. Very neat idea. No, you didn’t do too bad, actually, you did quite well.

@TheSavage64 - Cloiuds look really good. The whole image is very nicely done. I have never tried to save a slab in the Objects Library. I usually get the slab over from a successful render and then tweak it for the new one. Saving in the Material Library sounds good as well.

@silverdali - Excellent camera setting. The owner of the car ought to have the headlights adjusted, they go up instead of down. But this is a minor quibble. Very impressive render.

thanks for your feed back and comments Horo, not a mechanic myself but I do get your point lol, I went off the angle of the car, I thought i might render it again, but it took 2 hours so into the imaginary work for a light adjustment tee hee ha ha

Posted: 28 September 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1281 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14

thanks for the comment GussNemo

Posted: 28 September 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1282 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
LordHardDriven - 28 September 2012 12:26 PM

This doesn’t really answer your question but I wanted to suggest you consider trying this item. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-masters-series-great-hall I only mention it because after having followed it once I felt it taught me alot about boolean modeling. Alas it was long enough ago that I forgot most of what I learned but that’s neither here nor there.

thanks for the comment LordHardDriven

Posted: 28 September 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1283 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
bigh - 28 September 2012 02:55 AM
tornado - 28 September 2012 02:25 AM

GussNemo, LordHardDriven, thanks for the advice but I’ve already watched David Brinnen’s tutorials about volumetric clouds. Actually, I’ve watched 2. I haven’t yet watched the one about modifying existing clouds, I will watch it when I have some time.

TheSavage, I will try lifting the clouds, that’s a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion !

By the way, I really don’t mind receiving comments and suggestions about my image, so thanks everyone and don’t hesitate telling me if something else bothers you.

Dilverdali, I love this render ! I find the lights particularly good…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QrZoi00D0&feature=share&list=UUSDQPl5q0QoWh0fIj9dXMpg

thanks for the comment bigh

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1284 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2004-12-19

Hi…

I’ve been asked for a horror site to create Gigerisch looking Halloween stuff…
This is my first design of a pumpkin a la Giger…
And a grave tomb ala Giger

Image Attachments
gigerhalloween.jpggigerhalloween2.jpg

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1285 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3536
Joined  2004-10-01

Looking good, Erich.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 September 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1286 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Erich:  Wow.  That’s all I can think of.  Wow, well done.

I asked a general question about grouping a cutting object with an object already grouped with a cutting object, and the new version of the pull toy is the result.

I shrunk a cylinder down until it was just a bit larger in diameter than the pull rope, made it negative, selected the main wagon body, made that positive and place cutting cylinder in position.  Rendered it a few times to get the rope in the right position, and to make sure the hole was going to be correctly placed.  Then grouped the wagon body and the hole cutter and obtained a small hole that has a pull rope through it.  When I have the time I’ve going to see how it look with a higher quality render, but I was more interested getting things put together.

Oh, and I’m now learning how to use Hexagon.  It’s what I used to make sever innervations of the pull rope.  An interesting program that one.

Image Attachments
Wagon_Box_and_Wheels_18.pngWagon_Box_and_Wheels_13.png
 Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2012 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1287 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2012-08-14

I,m working on making a different scene but this came as a result of messing around with text and mats.  I thought it look quite nice. trying to follow some of the tuts. this bryce program is quite fun. Thanks terry. P.S. like the car!

Image Attachments
Redwindows2fullrender_(800x404).jpg

Posted: 29 September 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1288 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2004-12-19
canyonmanterry - 29 September 2012 02:53 AM

I,m working on making a different scene but this came as a result of messing around with text and mats.  I thought it look quite nice. trying to follow some of the tuts. this bryce program is quite fun. Thanks terry. P.S. like the car!

Looks excellent… lot of depth in it…

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1289 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
@tlantis - 29 September 2012 12:41 AM

Hi…

I’ve been asked for a horror site to create Gigerisch looking Halloween stuff…
This is my first design of a pumpkin a la Giger…
And a grave tomb ala Giger

excellent stuff going on here i really like your fist one

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1290 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
canyonmanterry - 29 September 2012 02:53 AM

superb image all round stunning

86 of 101