Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
Posted: 10 April 2013 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2011-08-08

I too have learned to make morphs using the D-Former tool. The whole thing can actually be done within the DAZ Studio app. The ones I have made are for Genesis’ head and ears. I have many more planned. I am working in DS4.5 Pro now and I have found that it is different from earlier versions that offered the D-Former feature. I do have DS 3 Advanced and DS 4.0 Pro available to me but I hardly ever use them anymore. lol

I found several tutorials other than this one that when I combined what I learned from them with what I got from this thread, The ease of making morphs became clear to me. This to me is one of the most fantastic features of DAZ Studio! Thanks for the generous sharing of information.

Posted: 06 July 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2006-05-18

Well I’m resurrecting this thread to ask if there is a way to save these morphs created with the DForm so they are useable in Poser?

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2005-07-29

Great question. I wish I knew. Perhaps Richard Haseltine can answer the question better than I since my experience is so limited with Poser.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 17 July 2013 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15296
Joined  2003-10-09

A CR2 exported from DS will have the morphs, but that isn’t distributable. The ExP Exporter will save out a morph expansion for the DAZ fourth generation figures, requiring Poser users to run the DzCreateExPFiles-figure batch file after installing. Users of DS 3 could use DeltaX’s morph tools to create Inj/Rem poses that use the existing Community Channels (but there’s always the risk that the channel used will be one the user needs for a different morph)

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 July 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Thank you, Richard for your speedy reply and your expertise! smile

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1

Posted: 02 August 2014 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1678
Joined  2014-03-28

Just wanted to add a slight change for Daz Studio 4.6 on step 19. Saving the d-form. This is as far as I have had time to get.

If you change the colors of the dform slider and add a pretty icon pic next to the slider, it goes back to the gray slider when called back up after saving. Perhaps others will have the time to go into that further, I have to much on my plate for now.

Image Attachments
Guessing51_DepDformSave101.PNG
 Signature 

MyDaz Gallery | A computer is a tool that is supposed to make our lives easier, not make our lives wait for the computer. - ZDG | B612
Once, we dared. Now, we simply reminisce. - Seymour Liebergot.

Posted: 02 August 2014 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Good question. I am involved in a project at the moment and I hope someone can take the time to investigate this and post the answer here.

Here’s hoping anyway.

If worse comes to worse I can turn my attention to this later this year.

Signature 

2 of 2