Digital Art Zone

Dynamic Clothes with AniMate2?
Posted: 25 August 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

Vicky has a slight problem… I add some dynamic clothes, apply some morphs, setup some AniMate Blocks, drape, and Vicky walks right out of her clothes.

I’m Running latest DS 4.5.  Sometimes, before I drape, the clothes stay with Vicky and don’t get stuck in position until after I drape.

Can someone tell me I’m crazy and that it should work or maybe I’m just trying too much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John

Posted: 25 August 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4715
Joined  2004-07-01
kelseyj - 25 August 2012 06:40 PM

Vicky has a slight problem… I add some dynamic clothes, apply some morphs, setup some AniMate Blocks, drape, and Vicky walks right out of her clothes.

I’m Running latest DS 4.5.  Sometimes, before I drape, the clothes stay with Vicky and don’t get stuck in position until after I drape.

Can someone tell me I’m crazy and that it should work or maybe I’m just trying too much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John

I don’t do it in the order you do - but sounds like you didn’t freeze after the drape - little box in the upper righthand ( click it and you will see freeze ) on the DY cloth control
also to add if you freeze the animation you can’t change the cloth .
so save the scene before you do .

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

I had not used the freeze before but it still didn’t solve the problem.  Is there a better order?

Thanks for the help so far!

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

I’m note sure what steps you’ve performed but for animating dynamics I go roughly through the following:
1. Set timeline to 0 and pose figure
2. Set figure keyframes (e.g. frame 10, 20, 30). Make sure there are 30 frames or so beyond the final keyframe for the draping to settle.
3. Set timeline to 0 and load dynamic clothing
4. Drape (single frame)
5. Drape (animated)

If the start pose is really complex I pose that on frame 30 to give the dynamics a chance to “settle” into the start pose from frames 0-30.

Are you doing something very different?

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Edited Away, Better answer was given.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2003-10-09

Right click on your aniMate timeline and select “Bake to Studio Keyframes”.  That transfers your keys to the DAZ Studio timeline. Dynamic Clothes can only read your animation from the DAZ timeline, it cannot see the animation in the aniMate timeline.  So you will want to work on your animation in aniMate first, when it is ready you bake it to Studio timeline and then do your animated drape.

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 26 August 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

“Bake to Studio Keyframes” did it!

Thanks to all for the help!

John