Digital Art Zone

7 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 26 November 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28

HI; I’ve been watching some of the youtube videos on cridgit’s page for version 1.4 of Pose Master. If I buy it, I’d be buying the latest version, which I think is 1.5. Well, the first video is how to make a default file. Now, if I bought Pose Master and also the People’s Pak, would I have to make those default files? Would I have to edit text files like that?

Posted: 30 November 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi inquire

Sorry for the delayed response - been travelling this past week.

You are right that the latest version is 1.5. It works much the same way as version 1.4 with a few enhancements. The biggest visible change is that instead of a drop-down list of files, you can now choose files using the standard Win/Mac file chooser. This allows you to organize your files the way you want.

I’m not sure which video you’re referring to for the default file, but I assume it’s the “Creating an Offset Pose” video in which text file editing is required. You DON’T need to do this for normal day-to-day usage of PoseMaster (copy/paste poses and transfer poses between figures).

But you will need to edit text files when you’re creating data files for transferring poses between figures not already supported. The PoseMaster People Pack provides the data files for transferring poses between all DAZ figures, so it saves you the hassle of creating the data files and editing the text files.

I hope that clarifies. If not, please drop me a note as I’ll be around for the next few days grin

Cheers

inquire - 26 November 2012 01:30 PM

HI; I’ve been watching some of the youtube videos on cridgit’s page for version 1.4 of Pose Master. If I buy it, I’d be buying the latest version, which I think is 1.5. Well, the first video is how to make a default file. Now, if I bought Pose Master and also the People’s Pak, would I have to make those default files? Would I have to edit text files like that?

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 04 December 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi, cridgit: After watching more videos, I bought the PoseMaster item. All tests quickly passed. I transferred an M4 pose to Genesis using Copy, then Transfer. Did another. Worked so well, I went back and bought the People Pack. I transferred a David 3 pose to Genesis. Worked well. I looked for poses that involved hand positions, hands or fingers touching the face, hands touching each other, to see how well PM could do the job. Very well indeed! I’m delighted. Just want to thank you for this great product. I don’t know all the ins and outs of it yet, but I am going to read the .pdf, and maybe watch more video tutorials. But, I am delighted at how well it works. Thanks for all of your brilliant work.

Posted: 05 December 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi, cridgit: The individual poses all seem to transfer well. So far, I’ve used V4, M4, D3, and M3. In each case, I transferred poses from the earlier figures to Genesis. Then, I tried Batch Transfer. I’m following the directions in the .pdf. I load what I want to be my source and target figures into an empty scene. I select my target figure (Genesis). I launch PoseMaster Batch. The only thing that shows up is a dialog box that asks me to load the source and target figure and select the target figure. I click OK and the dialog box goes away. There are NO buttons to help me select a source pose or a target pose folder. Now, I’m on a Macintosh, running OS X 10.8.2. The version of DAZStudio I’m running is the 64-bit 4.5.1.6 DS Pro. I just bought and downloaded PoseMaster and its People Pack today, Tuesday, December 4th, so it’s the latest version of that. This is probably a bug that has to do with the Macintosh version, I’m thinking.

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_11.04_.14_PM_.pngScreen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_11.04_.14_PM_.png

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
inquire - 05 December 2012 01:15 AM

Hi, cridgit: The individual poses all seem to transfer well. So far, I’ve used V4, M4, D3, and M3. In each case, I transferred poses from the earlier figures to Genesis. Then, I tried Batch Transfer. I’m following the directions in the .pdf. I load what I want to be my source and target figures into an empty scene. I select my target figure (Genesis). I launch PoseMaster Batch. The only thing that shows up is a dialog box that asks me to load the source and target figure and select the target figure. I click OK and the dialog box goes away. There are NO buttons to help me select a source pose or a target pose folder. Now, I’m on a Macintosh, running OS X 10.8.2. The version of DAZStudio I’m running is the 64-bit 4.5.1.6 DS Pro. I just bought and downloaded PoseMaster and its People Pack today, Tuesday, December 4th, so it’s the latest version of that. This is probably a bug that has to do with the Macintosh version, I’m thinking.

Hi Inquire

I’m really glad you’re finding the tool useful, thank you for the feedback. grin

Apologies for the delay responding, as I’ve been travelling again. You’ll need to load BOTH source and target figures into the scene then select the target figure. See attached screenshot with David and Genesis.

Make sure you select the whole figure by double-clicking it in the viewport, or selecting it in the scene tab. If you select a body part, PoseMaster won’t recognize it as a figure. Note in the screenshot that the Genesis root figure is highlighted in the Scene tab.

If you do it that way, it should work, otherwise there is something else going on. If you can’t get it to work, please post a screenshot so I can see what is going on.

Thanks.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi, cridgit:  It think this is what I have been doing. But, I will try again. Maybe I goofed up somehow. I’ll send a screen shot if things don’t work. Going to start work on this now.

I’m really glad you’re finding the tool useful, thank you for the feedback. grin

Apologies for the delay responding, as I’ve been travelling again. You’ll need to load BOTH source and target figures into the scene then select the target figure. See attached screenshot with David and Genesis.

Make sure you select the whole figure by double-clicking it in the viewport, or selecting it in the scene tab. If you select a body part, PoseMaster won’t recognize it as a figure. Note in the screenshot that the Genesis root figure is highlighted in the Scene tab.

If you do it that way, it should work, otherwise there is something else going on. If you can’t get it to work, please post a screenshot so I can see what is going on.

Thanks.

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi, cridgit: OK, it worked! So, maybe I did something foolish before, eh? That, or, sometimes it seems to me that DS gets a little “confused” if I’ve been doing various things with it. Maybe it just needed a fresh start. In any case, PoseMaster deserves a great deal of credit. It’s a marvelous tool.

Posted: 07 December 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hugs grin

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2005-06-08
cridgit - 25 November 2012 02:31 AM
KickAir 8P - 24 November 2012 09:12 PM
cridgit - 17 November 2012 09:09 PM
KickAir 8P - 17 November 2012 08:57 PM

. . . grew up to be an astronaut.

Hi Beth, thanks for sharing. That pose transferred pretty well - it has a nice natural look. I like the detail in the scene.

Thanks!  Did it again in my latest PlatClub Inspirations submission — The woman is using a pose originally for M4 from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses, converted to Genesis with Posemaster.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Looking for Water

Wow, I love the ivy and the lighting on this one. Of course the pose rocks as well wink Is that ivy part of the set or from a different product?

The set is Jack Tomalin’s Curator Aquarum, and the ivy’s included — yeah, it’s a pretty nice product.

My latest PCI entry also got an honorable mention — the goth girl’s using one of the Moonshines Diner Exterior Poses converted to Genesis by PoseMaster, as were the poses of both drivers from the included M4 poses with Bus Pegasus and Limousine PrinceDS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Test of Time

Image Attachments
BlackAlice-TestOfTime-x2000.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 10 December 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Beth

That’s a cool pic. It took me a while to figure out, but the title helped! grin

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22

Question: I’ve started trying to use PoseMaster, after having it for awhile now. I’m trying to transfer V4/M4 poses to Genesis. I followed the tutorials, and everything seems to work fairly well. However, most poses have some errors, especially with the feet, which almost always seem to be pointed up. I’ve tried using things like the reset hands / feet script available here, but that doesn’t seem to address the issue.

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Posted: 13 February 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2261
Joined  2007-12-07
MadisonXF - 13 February 2013 02:17 PM

Question: I’ve started trying to use PoseMaster, after having it for awhile now. I’m trying to transfer V4/M4 poses to Genesis. I followed the tutorials, and everything seems to work fairly well. However, most poses have some errors, especially with the feet, which almost always seem to be pointed up. I’ve tried using things like the reset hands / feet script available here, but that doesn’t seem to address the issue.

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

It won’t (due to the different ‘internals’ between Gen4 and Genesis) always give a 100% exact match - but it will get you 95-99% of the way there, with just a few tweaks needed normally, as you have noticed, at the ankle/feet/wrist/hand areas.  Considering that just about every Pose I have purchased also needs tweaking on the figure <i>they were created for>/i> I do not find this to be an issue. smile  I try and avoid un-tweaked figures as much as I can, hence the usual need to do some tidying up - but even on the base figure I often find that the feet are a) not level or b) set to wear high-heels (for Vicky, at least wink).  Add in using figues on uneven ground ... and you get more than used to quick dial-tweaking to get things ‘just so’.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 13 February 2013 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
MadisonXF - 13 February 2013 02:17 PM

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Hi Madison

Simon is correct in that it won’t be 100% in many cases (depending on the pose itself and the source/target figure), but it certainly shouldn’t be something noticable the way you’re suggesting. My guess is there could be something in your workflow we might be able to improve to get better results. The hand/foot fix is an easy way of fixing gen 4 poses applied to Genesis, but isn’t necessary if you’re using PoseMaster.

Could you please post a screenshot of the paste/transfer options you’re using as well as result of the transfer? That would help me identify where the problem lies. It would also help to know which pose set you’re using - I can try that out to show you what it should look like.

I’m going to be offline (at work) for the next 12 hours or so, and will respond when I get back. I hope you don’t mind grin

Thanks

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2013 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22

Thanks for the information. I’m fine with needing to adjust a pose - that is a given, especially when you take into account character morphs. It just seemed strange that the feet were always so off.

I’ll post some examples ASAP. Thanks!

Posted: 23 February 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-04-24

Hi cridgit!

At first:
I think PoseMaster is an essential product.
Batch Converting works fantastic.

My Question:
Is it possible to make different pose-converting for different Genesis shapes (M5 / V5 / Freak5 / Child / etc.) or is it only possible to make converting for General Genesis?

Best wishes
wuestenschildkroete

7 of 9