Digital Art Zone

5 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 16 November 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2008-07-18

I’m on Windows 7, 64 bit system, using 64 bit DAZ 4.5 Pro.  Will try the new instructions.

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Ok.  Set debug to yes, cleared the log file, then ran the test script.  Get same error.  Here’s the log file:

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/rob/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Test/PoseMaster Test.dsb
Failed to load script file!

Posted: 16 November 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Hmm that is very strange.

Confirm you installed to default location (My Library/Scrips/cridgit/PoseMaster) ? Could there be any file permission issues? Have you shut down DAZ Studio (and confirmed it is shut down by checking the processes in the Task Manager) ?

Otherwise, create a new script file called My Library/Scripts/TEST1.DSA with the following content

debug("Script file is " getScriptFileName());
MessageBox.information(Scene.getSelectedNodeList().length " nodes selected.""Info""&OK;" ); 

If you scan for new content, Studio will find the above file and put it in the Unassigned category. Run the file and it should show you a popup dialog and write the script name to the log file.

I want to do this to confirm whether your DAZ Script is working properly. I’m really hoping the PoseMaster uninstall didn’t uninstall non-PoseMaster things confused

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 17 November 2012 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

OK.  Did that.  Found the new script in the unassigned category.  And running it gave me a popup saying:
Info: 1 nodes selected.

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

I’ve done a bit of research into this error and it seems to be related to content being in the wrong place, so I can only think there must be a problem with Studio finding the script.

Make sure you’re launching the script from the Content Library reference and not the toolbar (just in case the script has moved).

I suggest you manually remove PoseMaster from your system and try a reinstall with default options.
1. Delete the My Library/Scripts/cridgit folder.
2. Go to Studio, open the Products list and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio then click Delete Installed Metadata.
3. Go to My Library/Runtime/Support and delete the three DAZ_3D_13968_PoseMaster_for_DAZ_Studio files (1 x DSA, 1 x DSX, 1 x JPG).
4. Reinstall PoseMaster version 1.5 to the default location (My Library).
5. When you start DAZ Studio it should reimport the PoseMaster metadata again.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

How do I do that second step?  Are you talking about in the Windows/Start menu?  Because I couldn’t find any way to pull up Posemaster there.  Or in C:/Programs/DAZ?

I did click on a .exe to uninstall Posemaster metadata, but I don’t think it worked, because when I tried to reinstall Posemaster 1.5, I still got a warning that I should remove my old version first to avoid conflicts.  And post installation, don’t see the cridgit scripts showing up anywhere except for one that says initialize - which gives me “An error occurred while reading the file - and log says Failed to load script file!  (This is after rescanning known directories for new files)

cridgit - 17 November 2012 08:52 AM

I’ve done a bit of research into this error and it seems to be related to content being in the wrong place, so I can only think there must be a problem with Studio finding the script.

Make sure you’re launching the script from the Content Library reference and not the toolbar (just in case the script has moved).

I suggest you manually remove PoseMaster from your system and try a reinstall with default options.
1. Delete the My Library/Scripts/cridgit folder.
2. Go to Studio, open the Products list and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio then click Delete Installed Metadata.
3. Go to My Library/Runtime/Support and delete the three DAZ_3D_13968_PoseMaster_for_DAZ_Studio files (1 x DSA, 1 x DSX, 1 x JPG).
4. Reinstall PoseMaster version 1.5 to the default location (My Library).
5. When you start DAZ Studio it should reimport the PoseMaster metadata again.

Posted: 17 November 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Screenshot below showing how to delete metadata.

It sounds like the uninstall/install has gone totally wonky. Try the manual uninstall steps I explained above (including deleting the metadata) and then a clean reinstall.

From there we can take it step by step to figure out exactly where the problem is.

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with this.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Appreciate the help - but I don’t think that screen shot got loaded correctly - I can’t see what you’re trying to show me.  :(

Posted: 17 November 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Assuming you can see the image, you want to go the Content Library tab, find Products (between Other Import Formats and Categories) then go to P and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio. Just follow the orange selection highlights in the screenshot.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08

Used Posemaster to convert one of the M4 poses from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses to Genesis (the customer at the counter).  DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

. . . grew up to be an astronaut.

Image Attachments
GrewUptobeanAstronautx2000.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 17 November 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
KickAir 8P - 17 November 2012 08:57 PM

Used Posemaster to convert one of the M4 poses from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses to Genesis (the customer at the counter).  DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

. . . grew up to be an astronaut.

Hi Beth, thanks for sharing. That pose transferred pretty well - it has a nice natural look. I like the detail in the scene.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18
cridgit - 17 November 2012 07:48 PM

Assuming you can see the image, you want to go the Content Library tab, find Products (between Other Import Formats and Categories) then go to P and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio. Just follow the orange selection highlights in the screenshot.

All right.  Found the Product>Posemaster - right clicked, deleted the metadata - along with all the other steps you spelled out.

I’m still getting the same error message though.

Also, when I try to do the fresh install of posemaster 1.5, I’m still getting a warning about ‘recommend you remove the old version first to avoid conflicts’ - so somehow it’s not getting cleaned out by the deletion process.

I do appreciate all the help and hope we can get this figured out.  Let me know what you’d like me to try next once (and I understand the path forward may bequire a bit of trial and error) - so thanks again, and I will do my best to remain patient.

Posted: 17 November 2012 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Thank you for being patient - I’m sure we’ll get there grin

Can you check this post http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9157/P45/#168542 and let me know if that’s what you’re seeing in Studio after installing the upgrade? Let’s first make sure everything installed ok.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Ok - checked the other post.  I only have 10 scripts, not 11, in my categories/default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/utility folder - so looks like the update to 1.5 isn’t taking hold for some reason.

Note, I also have a cridgit folder under categories/default/scripts/cridgit (with posemaster/utility and posemaster/test as subdirectories, none of which have any files in them.

And I also have categories/default/unassigned/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/utility which has PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in it

And if I go under Products/P/Posemaster for DAZ Studio - I have 17 scripts there

Posted: 18 November 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Mosk the Scribe - 17 November 2012 11:24 PM

Ok - checked the other post.  I only have 10 scripts, not 11, in my categories/default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/utility folder - so looks like the update to 1.5 isn’t taking hold for some reason.

Note, I also have a cridgit folder under categories/default/scripts/cridgit (with posemaster/utility and posemaster/test as subdirectories, none of which have any files in them.

And I also have categories/default/unassigned/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/utility which has PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in it

It sounds like we might be getting closer to the issue. If you have PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in Categories/Default/Unassigned/Scripts/Cridgit/Posemaster/Utility then at least the file is on your system, but it sounds like the metadata didn’t get installed or has invalid references.

What doesn’t sound right is having a Cridgit folder under Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit. Does that mean the path is Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/Cridgit? That’s certainly not correct, and Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster should have 6 scripts in it, Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster/Test should have 1 script, and Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster/Utility should have the 11 scripts in it. It might be useful for you to check the file system to see where those scripts have ended up (what is in the My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster folder on your hard drive?).

I’m almost sure the install must be going into the wrong location, which invalidates the metadata references so they won’t show up in Studio. If you try a PoseMaster reinstall, please give me a screenshot of the screen where you specify the install location? The scripts can’t simply be missing - they have to be going somewhere.

Mosk the Scribe - 17 November 2012 11:24 PM

And if I go under Products/P/Posemaster for DAZ Studio - I have 17 scripts there

If you can see the scripts in the PoseMaster product view, try running PoseMaster copy from there by double-clicking it. If it works, then we know the problem is in your Content Library references.

Signature 

5 of 9