Digital Art Zone

4 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 30 October 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08

PoseMaster People Pack — Kids4 to Genesis, yes!  (And a bunch of others too, but that’s what I was waiting for.)  Thanks!

I notice that PoseMaster DS is currently full price — up to you, but an accompanying sale might net some new customers, yes?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Beth and thank for stopping by. I thought you might be interested the K4 transfers.

A sale is a great idea. Or maybe there’s an update hitting the store soon. Just saying wink

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 30 October 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-03

Question:

On the People Pack store page, in the description itt says: “...all the DAZ human figures including generation 2…”, but in the What’s Included & Features, the only generation 2 figures mentioned are “Stephanie, Millenium Girls and Millenium Boys”. Are Genesis to/from Michael and Victoria included? (M2 and V2 being the same as Michael and Victoria as far as posing and pose conversions go as they are just Michael and Victoria with some added morphs.)

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
DavidGB - 30 October 2012 12:38 PM

Question:

On the People Pack store page, in the description itt says: “...all the DAZ human figures including generation 2…”, but in the What’s Included & Features, the only generation 2 figures mentioned are “Stephanie, Millenium Girls and Millenium Boys”. Are Genesis to/from Michael and Victoria included? (M2 and V2 being the same as Michael and Victoria as far as posing and pose conversions go as they are just Michael and Victoria with some added morphs.)

Hi David

That is correct, there is a popup image that shows the supported figures. Michael 1 and Victoria 1 are not included because I hadn’t expected anybody would need pose transfers for gen 1, and I hadn’t included M2 or V2 simply because I couldn’t find them in the store. I assumed the Michael and Victoria figures had evolved from V1 to V3 (I haven’t been around that long).

Signature 

Posted: 30 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-03
cridgit - 30 October 2012 05:24 PM
DavidGB - 30 October 2012 12:38 PM

Question:

Hi David

That is correct, there is a popup image that shows the supported figures. Michael 1 and Victoria 1 are not included because I hadn’t expected anybody would need pose transfers for gen 1, and I hadn’t included M2 or V2 simply because I couldn’t find them in the store. I assumed the Michael and Victoria figures had evolved from V1 to V3 (I haven’t been around that long).

Michael and Victoria (now M1 and V1, but didn’t originally have numbers) were the original figures. Unlike gen3 figures onward, they shared nothing with each other - they were completely different meshes from each other, Victoria’s mesh (coming first) was designed only to have polys in the right place for typical ‘female’ morphs, like big hips, big breasts, tiny waist. Micahel’s was designed quite differently to have polys in the right place for muscles. They have quite different rigs, as well as proportions, and do not take each other’s poses at all well.

Michael 2 and Victoria 2 were not new figures at all. The only differences between M1 and M2, aand V1 and V2 were that M2 and V2 came with assorted body and head morphs, whereas V1 and M1 only came with some expression morphs. As they are the same figures with regards, to mesh and rig, there is no difference between poses for m1 and m2, and between poses for V1 and V2. Do one and you have done both.

Stephanie (which came along with M2 and V2, so there is just ‘Stephanie’, then later Steph petite 3: there’s no Stephanie 1 and Stephanie 2) was something a bit different, and the relationship between her and Victoria 1/2 is quite different from the difference between S3 and V3, S4 and V4 and S5 and V5. As I said above, Michael had a mesh with polys arranged for muscle morphs, but Victoria didn’t. When DAZ found there was a desire for a female figure that could have muscles, they caame up with Stephanie. Stephanie is Michael 1/2’s mesh, reshaped to be the size and proportions of Victoria 1/2, and using Victoria 1/2’s rig. So she’s not a smaller girl. like S3, 4 and 5 - she’s the same size and shape as Victoria 1 and 2. But because she uses a reshaped michael mesh, she has the polys for muscle morphs, which she caame with. The result is that Stephanie uses Victoria 1 or 2 poses, and Victoria 1 or 2 clothes (leaving aside that the clothes may not support the Stephanie morphs), but she can’t use Victoria 1 or 2 textures ot morphs (but rather can use M2’s maps or morphs). So whereas the Steph Vickie relationship since Steph Petitie 3 has been that Steph is the little girl, with th original Steph she was as tall as Vickie and was the I-can-turn-into-She-Hulk girl.

In fact, Stephanie, using reshaped Michael 1/2 mesh, is the beginning of the unimesh idea, which then went forward with V3 and M3 using the same mesh as each other. Stephanie actually has the kind of relationship with Michael 1 and 2 that V3 later had with M3, whereas V1/V2 didn’t have that kind of relationship with M1/M2 at all.

V3 and M3 were the product of a completely new unimesh, with completely new rigs. They are in no way simple developments from Stephanie and M1/M2 (let alone V1/V2) moved to V3/M3. V3 and M3 are quite different. V1/V2, M1/M2 and Stephanie all have buttock body parts between the hip and thighs, for instance. And everyone had to learn a new way of posing. With V1/V2/M1/M2/Steph, for example, to put the arms up one had to leave the collars alone and just use the shldrs or Bad Things happened. With V3/M3, and then even more with S3/D3 one had to learn to split rotations between collar and shldr.

Anyway, bottom line is that some of us (like me) have a LOT of V1/V2/Steph and M1/M2 poses still in our runtimes, and I still sometimes want them. They do NOT apply well to gen 3 figures, or gen 4 figures, or Genesis without conversion, especially as the body parts do not correspond 1 to 1. I batch processed quite a few to both gen 3 and gen 4 with Puppet Master Biped. But it always remains that a single conversion is better than a chain, so converting straight to Genesis (which I can’t use Puppet Master Biped for, as it won’t work in a Poser above 8, which won’t load Genesis) would be better than using PoseMaster to convert gen3 or 4 conversions.

Actually, I have belatedly realised that you have only one thing missing, You have listed the original Stephanie, and as explained above Stephanie uses the same rig as Victoria 1 and Victoria 2, so your Stephanie files are also the right files for V1 and V2 - you should perhaps just ammend the descriptions and file names to reflect that they are the Victoria 1/Victoria 2/Stephanie files, not just the Stephanie files.

But you are definitely missing Michael 1/Michael 2 (remembering that’s just one conversions set as Michael 1 and 2 are the same figure and take the same poses - the only difference is that Michael 2 has body and head morphs that the otherwise identical Michael 1 does not).

To me, if you are going to say on the product page that the files in the product ‘enable poses to be transferred between all the DAZ human figures including generation 2, generation 3, generation 4 and Genesis’ (my emphasis), then you need to declare that Victoria 2 (and therefore V1) is covered through the Stephanie files, and you do need to include files for Michael 2 (and therefore Michael 1).

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2012-08-12

Hi,

Just bought the Pose Master and it’s recent extension yesterday and started to “noob” with it by transfering some V4 poses to my genesis characters.

It’s really usefull and acurate, now most of V4 poses work perfectly with Gen, maybe need to check a little more on the foot area but only tried it a few minutes.

Now, i will enjoy the next 4 days (vacation) to discover more of its capabilities and increase my skills with it

Big thanks for you, Cridgit

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi David

Thank you for the history - that’s most complete explanation I’ve come across on the evolution of the DAZ figures.

Good news that Stephanie will cover V1/V2, and I would be happy to add Michael 2 if you can provide me with a link to where I can purchased / download the figure. As I mentioned above I didn’t include V2 or M2 because I don’t have those figures and wasn’t able to obtain them. The DAZ store link to M2 doesn’t work: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-2-0/

I can’t quite figure out from your post whether you’re suggesting I need to modify the product page or whether you’d like to be able to transfer M2 poses. I won’t be able to help in the latter case because I don’t have the figure and cannot obtain it.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
scal.64.ps - 31 October 2012 01:45 AM

Hi,

Just bought the Pose Master and it’s recent extension yesterday and started to “noob” with it by transfering some V4 poses to my genesis characters.

It’s really usefull and acurate, now most of V4 poses work perfectly with Gen, maybe need to check a little more on the foot area but only tried it a few minutes.

Now, i will enjoy the next 4 days (vacation) to discover more of its capabilities and increase my skills with it

Big thanks for you, Cridgit

Hi scal

Thank you for your purchases and I’m very glad you have 4 days to play with it now. I suggest you try mixing and matching poses in addition to the pose transfer capabilities, as you can have a lot of fun with that.

Please let me know if you get stuck on any specific poses.

Thanks

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey cridgit - Do you know if your update ever made it into the store?  I’ve been holding off on doing some stuff until that automated/batch processing got worked out.  But will re-download once that’s available.  Or do you know what version number we would see if we have the updated copy? 

Thanks.  And can’t wait till that animal pack comes out.  (Actually, I can and will wait.  Just letting you know I’m excited to see it.  (Especially that Charger to Millennium horse and vice versa if you get inspired smile

Posted: 08 November 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Mosk the Scribe - 07 November 2012 06:22 PM

Hey cridgit - Do you know if your update ever made it into the store?  I’ve been holding off on doing some stuff until that automated/batch processing got worked out.  But will re-download once that’s available.  Or do you know what version number we would see if we have the updated copy? 

Thanks.  And can’t wait till that animal pack comes out.  (Actually, I can and will wait.  Just letting you know I’m excited to see it.  (Especially that Charger to Millennium horse and vice versa if you get inspired smile

Hi Mosk

Update is almost almost with us. Let me say that I know a guy who says he knows a guy who may have downloaded the test installers today and may or may not have found something that worked fine or needed fixing which could mean it might possibly be in the store sooner or later. It’ll be version 1.5 but I’ll definitely announce once it lands.

The animal pack will be a month or two, but I’ll look at your Charger to MilHorse request when I get a weekend open - haven’t forgotten grin

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Please note the PoseMaster upgrade has arrived - you can check out the details here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11229/

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Hi cridgit -

I’ve posted on the thread you linked to up above this post
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11229/ 

As described there, I can’t get Posemaster 1.5 functioning after several attempts.
Tried to send a private message, but I don’t think it went through, and the system won’t let me send it again.

Hope you’re monitoring this thread, because I’m dying to get started with PoseMaster’s new and improved Batch function!

Thanks

Posted: 16 November 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Mosk the Scribe - 15 November 2012 12:54 PM

Hi cridgit -

I’ve posted on the thread you linked to up above this post
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11229/ 

As described there, I can’t get Posemaster 1.5 functioning after several attempts.
Tried to send a private message, but I don’t think it went through, and the system won’t let me send it again.

Hope you’re monitoring this thread, because I’m dying to get started with PoseMaster’s new and improved Batch function!

Thanks

Sorry, I’ve been on the road - PM received and replied, and I posted some troubleshooting instructions in the other thread. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Signature 

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey Cridgit -

Just went through the steps you outlined, but I’m still getting an Error “Failed to load script file” when I try to run the test script (or the initializer which I tried afterward to see if that would make a difference)

Don’t know if it would matter, but I never removed the custom menu items for posemaster tha I’d added after the first install.  Don’t know if that could mess things up in any way

So, what should I try next?

Thanks

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Mosk

Are you on Mac or Win and I assume you used the EXE installer?

We need to figure out if the problem is in the PoseMaster scripts or in DAZ Studio’s script interface.
1. Open My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/PoseMasterSettings.DAT and change “debug” to “yes”.
2. Open Studio then go to Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File.
3. Select all and delete, then save and close the log file.
4. Now re-run the PoseMaster test script and re-open the log file and see what errors it gives.
5. If PoseMaster is starting then the log will tell us where the problem is, but if we’re not seeing the PoseMaster debug logs then the problem is in Studio.

Signature 

4 of 9