3 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 13 October 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
evilded777 - 13 October 2012 09:35 AM

Cridgit,

do not recall the pose exactly, but I think it was from the Casual Actions for M4 set by IronMan13 that is here at DAZ.

Unable, now, to duplicate the difficulty.

Hi evilded (never thought I’d say that aloud, shudder wink)

Thanks for letting me know. I have Casual Actions but its in my downloaded-yet-to-install list (another shudder). I’ll take a look at those when I get through that list, but if you find anything in the meantime that doesn’t work, let me know please.

Cheers

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  386
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey Cridgit -

I’ve gone through a few folders manually and transferred some M4 poses to genesis.

I can see the dsa and png files in those subdirectories.

But after scanning known directories for new files, they don’t show up inside DAZ Studio (though the newly created subfolder itself shows up - but no files appear within)

If I select genesis, then do file>Merge and select the .dsa file manually, the pose applies and looks fine.

I’m using DAZ 4.5.0.137

Any idea what could be happening or how to fix it?

Also, do you have any idea when DAZ is going to fix their coding so that you can automate the batch transfer instead of having to make some selections for every pose?  The batch transfer will be incredibly useful once that’s automated, but right now, the hassle of having to sit at the computer and make a few clicks for every pose makes it impractical to do a mass update/changeover for use with genesis.

Thanks

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Mosk the Scribe - 14 October 2012 12:29 PM

Hey Cridgit -

I’ve gone through a few folders manually and transferred some M4 poses to genesis.

I can see the dsa and png files in those subdirectories.

But after scanning known directories for new files, they don’t show up inside DAZ Studio (though the newly created subfolder itself shows up - but no files appear within)

If I select genesis, then do file>Merge and select the .dsa file manually, the pose applies and looks fine.

I’m using DAZ 4.5.0.137

Any idea what could be happening or how to fix it?

Hi Mosk

The only reason I can think of for this to happen, is if you’re putting the files in what DAZ Studio sees as a Poser content folder. In that case, adding a dummy PZ2 file with the same name allows the DSA to show up in Studio. Richard Haseltine had a script for doing this - I’ll see if I can track it down.

You could also try to save the transferred poses to your Studio folder - then they really should show up when you scan.

Mosk the Scribe - 14 October 2012 12:29 PM

Also, do you have any idea when DAZ is going to fix their coding so that you can automate the batch transfer instead of having to make some selections for every pose?  The batch transfer will be incredibly useful once that’s automated, but right now, the hassle of having to sit at the computer and make a few clicks for every pose makes it impractical to do a mass update/changeover for use with genesis.

Believe me, I totally understand. The interface I used for PoseMaster in DS4.0 has been deprecated in 4.5, which means we’re stuck with the current batch script until PoseMaster is upgraded to the new DS4.5 interface and format. I don’t know yet whether we will have the same limitations in the new format, as I need to study and test the interface thoroughly before I can upgrade PoseMaster. Removing the batch limitation is the first thing on my upgrade list grin

Cheers

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-04-06

Hello,

I’ve bought and installed PoseMaster and ran the test script. Not all test cases passed. This is an extract of the log file:

DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale w
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale x
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale y
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale z
DEBUG: PoseMasterCopyHandler test completed: 259 of 299 test cases passed in 405 ms.
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale w
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale x
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale y
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale z
DEBUG: PoseMasterDeltaHandler test completed: 128 of 140 test cases passed in 145 ms.
DEBUG: All test completed: 1922 of 1974 test cases passed in 3380 ms.
Script executed successfully.

All failed test cases seem to be concerned with scale issues. I use DAZ 4.5 Pro, 64b.

Someone has an idea what’s going wrong?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
oso11 - 15 October 2012 05:04 AM

Hello,

I’ve bought and installed PoseMaster and ran the test script. Not all test cases passed. This is an extract of the log file:

DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale w
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale x
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale y
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale z
DEBUG: PoseMasterCopyHandler test completed: 259 of 299 test cases passed in 405 ms.
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale w
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale x
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale y
DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale z
DEBUG: PoseMasterDeltaHandler test completed: 128 of 140 test cases passed in 145 ms.
DEBUG: All test completed: 1922 of 1974 test cases passed in 3380 ms.
Script executed successfully.

All failed test cases seem to be concerned with scale issues. I use DAZ 4.5 Pro, 64b.

Someone has an idea what’s going wrong?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Hi Oso

Thanks for buying the product. The node scale tests started failing with DS4.5 due to a change in the way DS handles scaling. There is no problem with the above because 99% of cases you will use PoseMaster for will be unaffected. Therefore I decided to not release an urgent patch, and fix the above scaling issue with a few other things such as using the DUF file format and dropping the dialog popup during batch conversions (I hope this is possible in DS4.5).

So you should have no problem using the tool, so have fun! If you get stuck on anything please let me know.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1146
Joined  2009-01-09

Cridgit, I purchased Posemaster recently, and have found it really useful.

One thing I wanted to suggest for your forthcoming update, though: if it’s at all possible, could you stick a robust Stop/Cancel button in the Batch Convert option? I sent it to work on a directory with mixed M4/V4 poses, and when I realized what I’d done, all I could do was to hit Cancel on the Studio pose convert window, or else let it complete.

(The number of clicks to get through all. 40. poses. wasn’t that much more, so I wound up letting it go. Mind, the results were both hilarious and instructive. I’d never realized that the rigging between M4 and V4 shoulders was so different, for example. It makes sense, of course; I’d just never thought about it until I was looking at the poses in action, just to see how the conversion had worked, and thinking, “You know, male shoulders really don’t do that. And also, ow.”)

I’m also hoping that 4.5 will let you more fully automate/script the pose process. I’ve got a few directories with something like 100 poses in a package, and I just look at those and think, “I’ll wait until I need one, use that, and hope nobody explodes.”

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
vwrangler - 15 October 2012 03:13 PM

Cridgit, I purchased Posemaster recently, and have found it really useful.

One thing I wanted to suggest for your forthcoming update, though: if it’s at all possible, could you stick a robust Stop/Cancel button in the Batch Convert option? I sent it to work on a directory with mixed M4/V4 poses, and when I realized what I’d done, all I could do was to hit Cancel on the Studio pose convert window, or else let it complete.

(The number of clicks to get through all. 40. poses. wasn’t that much more, so I wound up letting it go. Mind, the results were both hilarious and instructive. I’d never realized that the rigging between M4 and V4 shoulders was so different, for example. It makes sense, of course; I’d just never thought about it until I was looking at the poses in action, just to see how the conversion had worked, and thinking, “You know, male shoulders really don’t do that. And also, ow.”)

I’m also hoping that 4.5 will let you more fully automate/script the pose process. I’ve got a few directories with something like 100 poses in a package, and I just look at those and think, “I’ll wait until I need one, use that, and hope nobody explodes.”

Hi vwrangler

Thank you and I’m glad you’re enjoying it. That’s a good suggestion and funny enough it wasn’t on my list.

Signature 

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09

Not to be pushy, I hope, but one other question/request: Is there any way to get Posemaster to remember where you were, or to point it at the Pose directory as a starting point? It didn’t look like there was anywhere in PosemasterSettings.DAT or Default.PSR to tell it where to start. For some odd reason, mine keeps starting out in the Reality Add-ons folder. Is there a line I can add to the settings file to tell it, “Start here, then end here”, and then do some finer navigation based on those starting points?

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
vwrangler - 16 October 2012 08:40 PM

Not to be pushy, I hope, but one other question/request: Is there any way to get Posemaster to remember where you were, or to point it at the Pose directory as a starting point? It didn’t look like there was anywhere in PosemasterSettings.DAT or Default.PSR to tell it where to start. For some odd reason, mine keeps starting out in the Reality Add-ons folder. Is there a line I can add to the settings file to tell it, “Start here, then end here”, and then do some finer navigation based on those starting points?

No issue at all. Please ask - the answer will either be yes or no grin

The reason it starts in your Reality folder is that must be the first listed content folder. I wrote the code to save the last used directory, but somehow that didn’t get saved to the file. When PoseMaster cannot find the last used directory, it defaults to the first listed content folder.

Anyways, this has been fixed now - thank you for bringing it to my attention. And see next post.

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Dear all

I’ve been busy updating PoseMaster as follows:
- Remember last source/target folder for batch conversion.
- Added cancel button to batch conversion.
- Added support for DS 4.5 DUF format for batch conversion (now fully automated without the dialog popup).
- Added several configuration settings to disable the above features (if you don’t have DS 4.5 or want things to work as before).
- Fixed the scaling test failures (due to changes in how DS 4.5 handles scaling).
- Several other minor tweaks and fixes.

One of the requests was to filter the offset poses and skeleton maps to the selected figures. I have explored this extensively and written the code to do so, but I’m reluctant to release this feature. As with everything, there are tradeoffs to be made, and after having developed and tested this feature, I feel the benefits do not sufficeintly exceed the drawbacks. I’d like to share my findings and invite some feedback before finalizing the decision.

The first screenshot below shows the new filtering at work - offset poses and skeleton maps filtered to M4 (source) and Genesis (target). However, there are 2 drawbacks to the filtering. Firstly, I need to scan each file and match it against both source and target figures leading to a a noticable performance impact. Secondly, I can only match offset poses and skeleton maps containing the root figure. There could be many cases where perfectly valid offset poses and skeleton maps are filtered out as there is simply no way they can be matched to the figures.

Given that the purpose of the filtering is to simplify things for the user by displaying a shorter list of files, I don’t believe there is a strong enough argument for introducing the above limitations. Selecting the correct offset pose and skeleton map is already quite simple (the user just has to become acquainted with the recommended namign convention). The screenshot below shows the unfiltered display (including the PoseMaster People Pack). As you can see, it is quite straightforward to select Genesis M4 Zero Pose and Genesis from M4 when transferring to Genesis from M4.

Please share your feedback with me, as I’d like to confirm whether you’re comfortable with my proposal to not include the filtering feature.

Thanks

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-09
cridgit - 21 October 2012 03:13 AM

One of the requests was to filter the offset poses and skeleton maps to the selected figures. I have explored this extensively and written the code to do so, but I’m reluctant to release this feature. As with everything, there are tradeoffs to be made, and after having developed and tested this feature, I feel the benefits do not sufficeintly exceed the drawbacks. I’d like to share my findings and invite some feedback before finalizing the decision.

So the idea is that, based on which figure is selected, Posemaster would scan both figures in the scene and automatically realize, for example, “Since Genesis is selected, Genesis is the target and M4/V4 is the source,” automatically pick the seemingly correct settings, but also lock out all the other settings?

I think the issue may be whether or not you have the Posemaster People Pack. With the limited choices that come with Posemaster by itself, no, the filtering wouldn’t be worth it.  If you’ve got the people pack, however, I can see how that list might feel like a bit much to search through.

Would it be possible to make the filter merely preselect the apparently correct choice while letting you select another option if that turns out to be wrong, instead of filtering out all other options so they can’t even be seen? Does that make any notable difference to the performance hit?

I don’t fee particularly dogmatic about it either way; I can see the benefits of both approaches. Filtering with the People Pack makes the process a bit less intimidating; not-filtering makes Studio not slow to a crawl, and it has issues with that with some functions already. Not bothered by NOT including it, anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi everyone

I’ve managed to find a solution I’m quite happy with. Rather than filtering the selection based on the existing PoseMaster UI, I’ve made some small UI changes which will help you more easily select the offset poses/skeleton maps without limiting PoseMaster’s flexibility.

As you can see from the screenshot below, I have now added a file browse button [...] with which you can select the files from your file system rather than the drop-down lists of before.

The advantage of this approach is that you can now organize your files into folder that will help you more easily find what you need. For example, you might want to have People and Animal as the first level (assuming I will be releasing the People Pack and Animal Pack sometime soon). Below People you could organize all your Genesis files into a Genesis folder and all your M4 files into an M4 folder.

Say I’m transferring an A3 pose to Genesis, I’d be able to browse to my People/Genesis folder and pick the Genesis A3 Zero Pose.PSR (offset file) and Genesis from A3.SKL (skeleton map) and click Accept to transfer the pose. Super easy!

Hopefully this approach improves the usability of the UI, gives you more control over how to organize your files and avoids filtering reducing the flexibility of what you can do with PoseMaster.

As always, happy to hear if you have feedback.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2005-04-15

Looking forward to trying out the new features, as well as the new People Pack.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2012-01-22

Hi

Is there a way with pose master to copy the pose from the left hand to the right hand within the same figure?

Thanks

Posted: 30 October 2012 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
JorgeMR - 30 October 2012 01:16 AM

Hi

Is there a way with pose master to copy the pose from the left hand to the right hand within the same figure?

Thanks

Hi Jorge

Yes you can do this with the Symmetry function in DAZ Studio, which is why it was not included in PoseMaster.

Select the source bone, e.g. left hand, then in the Parameters menu choose Symmetry. Choose Selected nodes, Recursive propagation, Left to Right direction and Leave Alone trunk nodes. That should copy the left hand pose to the right hand.

Signature 

3 of 9