Digital Art Zone

2 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 27 September 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

Hi,, is there any problem posemaster in ds 4.5?

I want to buy it this last PA sale time

I hope to correct poses for V4 to genesis by posemaster,,
then,, I think pose master may save pose presets as old type file, (pz or dsf or,, etc)

so if I save the pose file as duf and it can move well? ^^;

(I already throw the” pose master” my cart with “racemaker” ^^;)

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6946
Joined  2005-08-15

I bought this a while ago, but it has been updated to work in DS 4.5.  There is a full PDF manual supllied with it.  I am sure it will do what you want.

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Yes it works in DS 4.5. There is potentially a minor issue with scaling along a single axis, but the circumstances that could lead to this happening are very rare and therefore no need to worry about it. If anyone does have a problem with that I will help them, but I don’t want to do a full update and re-release for everybody because of a small unlikely issue.

Hope you enjoy the product.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

Thank you JimmyC_2009 and cridgit ! 

Posted: 27 September 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

You’re welcome, kitakoredaz.

Remember to check out all the features, because you can do many things with PoseMaster. Copying gen 4 poses to Genesis is useful, but for me personally I find the ability to combine partial poses even more useful. I can mix and match poses from my pose library now.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Cheers

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

Thank you,, I am so hope to try your tools,, but I am worried when I can finish download some items ><;

and I need some Itemized history,, it is bundle items,, so many items came again,,
I can not grab well waht I installed or not,,,, after that,,
I often forget download items,,, TT)

then,,,, every refrection of DAZ sight

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow,,,,,

I am sleepy now TT)

Posted: 04 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2003-10-09

Piggybacking since the thread is already here.

has anyone created a Gen3 from Gen4 skeleton map?

I’m not a knob… I can handle the file format, etc.  But my David from M4 does next to nothing.  The tutorial along with the sample skeleton maps are not entirely clear on this point: do I need to map every bone? I got the impression that I did not need to, but then all that happened was the bones I scripted moved and pretty much nothing else.  There’s movement in the fingers (not mapped) and movement in the buttocks which I mapped from the thighs.  Nothing else (at this point only buttocks from thighs mapped).  So I started mapping other bones… got everything done but hands and fingers.  All that moves are the buttocks, the fingers and the head (slightly).  Nothing else.

here is the file as it stands now, perhaps someone might help (this is david from M4)

<Settings>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Hip”>hip</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Abdomen”>abdomen</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Chest”>chest</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Neck”>neck</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Head”>head</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lCollar”>lCollar</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rCollar”>rCollar</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lShldr”>lShldr</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rShldr”>rShldr</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Left Buttock”>lThigh</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lshin”>lshin</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lfoot”>lfoot</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lToe”>lToe</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“Right Buttock”>rThigh</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rshin”>rshin</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rfoot”>foot</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rToe”>rToe</Setting>
</Settings>

//after some thought and an experiment, I think it might be the POSE that is the issue.  Must explore further

Posted: 04 October 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Evilded

Bones with the same names are mapped across, so the skeleton map only needs to specify bones that have different names in one figure.

This is what you need for the David from M4 skeleton map

<Settings>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“blDavid_72712”>blMilMan_m4b_68498</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“leftEye”>lEye</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rightEye”>rEye</Setting>
</Settings>

and the M4 from David skeleton map

<Settings>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“blMilMan_m4b_68498”>blDavid_72712</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lEye”>leftEye</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rEye”>rightEye</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“lThigh”>lButtock</Setting>
<Setting Type=“String” Key=“rThigh”>rButtock</Setting>
</Settings>

Below I’ve transferred an M4 pose to David and a David pose to M4 (without a M4 from David offset file). I’ll look at the M4 from David offset file over the weekend.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

The tutorial PDF did not demonstrate the scene ID information (or if it did, I missed it).  I found that in the video tutorial and added it afterwards.

It actually works without them, or at least seems to.  The problem I was having was actually with the pose itself.  Most of it simply did not want to transfer, not even to Genesis.

Any idea what might cause that to happen?

This seems like a fantastic tool, thank you.  I need to explore more of its possibilities.

You should make a metadata tool smile

Posted: 05 October 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Thanks for the compliment.

I would LOVE to make a metadata tool, but I’ve been too tied up at work and a few other projects the past few months. Maybe in my Dec holiday if noone else has succeeded yet grin

Its actually the skeleton name (which DS uses as the scene ID). Pose transfers work without the skeleton name mapping, but it won’t change the position or rotation of the target figure to match the course figure (that information is stored on the skeleton node). But the rest of the bones will work.

I checked and step 5 in the Skeleton Map section of the user guide (pg 40) shows the skeleton names in the Excel sheet, but I admit the sample skeleton map in step 7 on pg 41 does not include the skeleton name. Oops - you’ve found the first bug in 6 months grin

Please let me know which pose you’re struggling with and I’ll check if I have it. It would help if you give me a link to the product too so I can get if needed.

Cheers

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  430
Joined  2008-07-18

Hi Cridgit -

Can you verify if Batch Transfer is working in Daz 4.5.0 .137 (latest version I think)

I watched your veideo about it for PoseMaster 1.4.

I can see the duplicate pngs and all the new DSA pose files in the subfolder I created - but refreshing my DAZ content just brings up the empty folder, and if I load the file via the merge command and navigating to the new folder, the pose doesn’t have any effect.

A quick search showed that DFA has been deprecated in factor of .duf I guess, and the set of ‘poses’ I converted were some Ironman expressions, which I guess are actually morphs.

Realizing I’d cleared all channels and only selected transforms (as you show in the tutorial), I went back and did the opposite with another folder of expressions, only including the morphs.

But these still don’t do anything to Genesis when applied.

So, is Batch Transfer working for Genesis in the DAZ 4.5 beta?  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
And if I capture the morph expressions, is that going to overwrite any morphs (say for a custom face shape) that I’ve applied to Genesis?

Thanks for any info.

ALSO, on a side note, especially when you put out your character pack with all the people, is there a way you could by default select the bottom two dropdowns based on the source and target we select up top?  Once you have twenty options there it’s going to be easy to make silly mistakes when selecting in that dropdown)

EDIT - part of my confusion was that I thought I’d gotten this to work previously with PoseMaster - but just realized I’d converted those expressions/morphs via GenX (which is also a very useful plugin for getting the most out of Genesis and your old runtimes).  Still, not sure why the facial morphs weren’t captured by PoseMaster.  Should they have been?  And would there be any benefit to running a separate set of expressions that I successfully ported from V4 to GenX through a second conversion with Posemaster?  (I’m not clear on whether Posemaster doesn’t capture facial morphs of this type or if I did something wrong)

Thanks

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Mosk the Scribe - 11 October 2012 03:31 PM

Hi Cridgit -

Can you verify if Batch Transfer is working in Daz 4.5.0 .137 (latest version I think)

I can see the duplicate pngs and all the new DSA pose files in the subfolder I created - but refreshing my DAZ content just brings up the empty folder, and if I load the file via the merge command and navigating to the new folder, the pose doesn’t have any effect.

Yes it is working. I had tested batch converting M4 base poses to Genesis and just did so again. I’m not sure what you mean with “refreshing your DAZ content folder”. When PoseMaster Batch creates the DSA files, they aren’t automatically added to your content library - you’d need to go to the Content Library menu -> Scan Known Directories for Files for them to show up.

Hi Cridgit -
A quick search showed that DFA has been deprecated in factor of .duf I guess, and the set of ‘poses’ I converted were some Ironman expressions, which I guess are actually morphs.

Realizing I’d cleared all channels and only selected transforms (as you show in the tutorial), I went back and did the opposite with another folder of expressions, only including the morphs.

And if I capture the morph expressions, is that going to overwrite any morphs (say for a custom face shape) that I’ve applied to Genesis?

EDIT - part of my confusion was that I thought I’d gotten this to work previously with PoseMaster - but just realized I’d converted those expressions/morphs via GenX (which is also a very useful plugin for getting the most out of Genesis and your old runtimes).  Still, not sure why the facial morphs weren’t captured by PoseMaster.  Should they have been?  And would there be any benefit to running a separate set of expressions that I successfully ported from V4 to GenX through a second conversion with Posemaster?  (I’m not clear on whether Posemaster doesn’t capture facial morphs of this type or if I did something wrong)

PoseMaster only handles bones not expressions, which as you point out are morphs. I had been considering developing an “ExpressionMaster” until I realized expressions can be transferred with GenX. So if the files you were transferring were expressions, then they wouldn’t do anything when applied to Genesis unless the morphs had already been transferred. In that case, they would apply the expression not because PoseMaster did anything, but because saving the pose preset out of DAZ Studio would include morphs and other modified properties.

On the above note: if you select only transforms when you save the pose preset as explained in the user guide, it won’t change your morphs or expressions when you apply the transferred pose in future, but this means you need to select All Transforms while doing the conversion. If you do the conversion with minimal clicks, then all modified properties are saved into the pose preset. Unfortunately this is the way the DAZ Studio pose preset functionality works and it wasn’t possible for me to write new code for creating DAZ Studio save files.

The workaround for the above case is when you apply the pose in future and it changes your morphs/expressions, to then use PoseMaster to copy the pose, undo (which will restore your morphs and expressions) and then paste the pose back again without morphs and expressions. Voila!

With DS 4.5 I will be looking into taking advantage of the new file format but there is new interface code that I have to become familiar with first. Hopefully that will allow me to provide a cleaner batch conversion process to my wonderful customer base grin

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Cridgit -

Yes it is working. I had tested batch converting M4 base poses to Genesis and just did so again. I’m not sure what you mean with “refreshing your DAZ content folder”. When PoseMaster Batch creates the DSA files, they aren’t automatically added to your content library - you’d need to go to the Content Library menu -> Scan Known Directories for Files for them to show up.

Hi Cridgit -

PoseMaster only handles bones not expressions, which as you point out are morphs. I had been considering developing an “ExpressionMaster” until I realized expressions can be transferred with GenX. So if the files you were transferring were expressions, then they wouldn’t do anything when applied to Genesis unless the morphs had already been transferred. In that case, they would apply the expression not because PoseMaster did anything, but because saving the pose preset out of DAZ Studio would include morphs and other modified properties.

On the above note: if you select only transforms when you save the pose preset as explained in the user guide, it won’t change your morphs or expressions when you apply the transferred pose in future, but this means you need to select All Transforms while doing the conversion. If you do the conversion with minimal clicks, then all modified properties are saved into the pose preset. Unfortunately this is the way the DAZ Studio pose preset functionality works and it wasn’t possible for me to write new code for creating DAZ Studio save files.

The workaround for the above case is when you apply the pose in future and it changes your morphs/expressions, to then use PoseMaster to copy the pose, undo (which will restore your morphs and expressions) and then paste the pose back again without morphs and expressions. Voila!

With DS 4.5 I will be looking into taking advantage of the new file format but there is new interface code that I have to become familiar with first. Hopefully that will allow me to provide a cleaner batch conversion process to my wonderful customer base grin

Hi Cridgit -

ALSO, on a side note, especially when you put out your character pack with all the people, is there a way you could by default select the bottom two dropdowns based on the source and target we select up top?  Once you have twenty options there it’s going to be easy to make silly mistakes when selecting in that dropdown)

Yes, this is a super idea. It requires a product update which is quite a process so I want to do a couple of things together (example above) rather than drip-feed updates through one by one. I hope you’re happy to be patient in the meantime grin

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  430
Joined  2008-07-18

Yep - happy to wait for cumulative update whenever it makes sense to you, and thanks for the thorough reply above.  Only bones - hence not face morphs - got it.  How about you put your mastermind to making Carrara and DAZ Studio fully compatible next?  I will purchase two copies of that product.grin

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Cridgit,

do not recall the pose exactly, but I think it was from the Casual Actions for M4 set by IronMan13 that is here at DAZ.

Unable, now, to duplicate the difficulty.

2 of 9