Digital Art Zone

9 of 9
PoseMaster for DAZ Studio
Posted: 09 March 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2010-09-24

Hi,

Just purchased PoseMaster 1.5 - however, I can’t seem to get it to work. The scripts seem to be in the correct location - but when I try - I get an “An error occured while reading this file, see the log file for details”.

When I turn on the debug, and then check the log file, I see:

Executing DAZ Script file: /Users/Mark/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Test/PoseMaster Test.dsb
Failed to load script file!

I’m on Mac OS 10.8.2

Thanks!

Signature 

My Blog
My World of Trexlin website

Posted: 09 March 2013 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi

You’ll need to upgrade DAZ Studio. For some reason there was a decision for Studio to refuse to run scripts compiled in an older version, so even though PoseMaster can work in any version of Studio 3 upwards, only the latest few versions would run it.

Of course it would be nice if the error message actually said something useful e.g. “Error running script - version incompatibility” because I invested several days of my time to figure this out for another customer.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 10 March 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2010-09-24
cridgit - 09 March 2013 07:27 PM

Hi

You’ll need to upgrade DAZ Studio. For some reason there was a decision for Studio to refuse to run scripts compiled in an older version, so even though PoseMaster can work in any version of Studio 3 upwards, only the latest few versions would run it.

Of course it would be nice if the error message actually said something useful e.g. “Error running script - version incompatibility” because I invested several days of my time to figure this out for another customer.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Many thanks. That solved the issue. I appreciate the quick support.

Thanks!

Signature 

My Blog
My World of Trexlin website

Posted: 10 March 2013 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Cool. Hope you have fun with it. Remember you can use PoseMaster for batch conversion, converting animated poses/aniblocks, and also for mixing and matching poses.

If you want to convert poses from other generations/figures you can make your own transfer data files, or look at the PoseMaster People Pack if you want to save time.

Cheers

Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2013 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m looking for help with PoseMaster: I really love this tool, but somehow the feets are always up. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? It happens, no matter if I choose V4 or M4 Poses. I tried with many different poses ... No big thing, sure - but somehow ... Any hint is appeciated ...

Image Attachments
ScreenShot0469.png

Posted: 28 March 2013 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
RalfK - 27 March 2013 05:28 PM

I’m looking for help with PoseMaster: I really love this tool, but somehow the feets are always up. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? It happens, no matter if I choose V4 or M4 Poses. I tried with many different poses ... No big thing, sure - but somehow ... Any hint is appeciated ...

Hi Ralf

It shouldn’t be doing that. Its best if you can post a screenshot of your PoseMaster Paste dialog (before you click Accept) so that I can see whats going on.

Edit: and please provide your version of Studio and which operating system you’re on.

Thanks

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2013 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok - you’re right smile

I know, you didn’t say too much, but as I read your post, I knew, that I made something wrong ... I read the docs again ... suprise, surprise - it worked! I forgot to apply the skeleton and the zero pose.

Now it works! Sorry that I bugged you ...

Really a nice tool!

Posted: 28 March 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Ralf

No problem at all. I’d rather be bugged and we solve the problem, than you return the product because it doesn’t work grin

And thank you for the positive feedback. It is very encouraging.

Enjoy!

Signature 

9 of 9