Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Website Suggestions
Posted: 25 August 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
kitakoredaz - 25 August 2012 09:57 PM

“If you look in the stickies you’ll find a thread called “Plugin version numbers for DS 4.5” http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5976/ That thread is tracking plugins and logging which versions are needed to work with 4.5.”

yes, so when they made the topic sticky? I think it was not sticky yesterday.

It’s definitely been a sticky for nearly a week now.

>the most common testing status on other sites is “Not tested in DAZ Studio”.

it seems great guide about products.

clear and easy. I feel no problem about it. it said that the vendor not suppose
customer use it in ds .  everyone can understand it.

What it says to me is that the PA couldn’t be bothered. I make an honourable exception for a couple of vendors who I know have tried, but can’t get Studio running on their machines, but is it really too much trouble to throw it into Studio and see if it works or not?

Posted: 25 August 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

really?

now I can find plug-in topic in stikcy. it feels good thing.  if it had been there I just miss it .
sorry.

then,  I request DAZ should be sticky more topics about problems or guide how to use ds 4.5 too.
I do not request nothing to volunter, or forum member.

actually I do not know “administrater or moderator” have the authority to decide some topic sticky
or how to order topics.

they said “we are volunteer” so I do not request or complain them never .

I request DAZ company , make clear announcemetns about everything.
again and again, untill I recognize, they have good announcements system,
and manuall too.

eg ds 4.5
it is different by each,  what ploblems they have or find about ds 4.5.

as for me,

1,about duplicate ID erroer contents. if they can not define what installer has ID erroer still,
just say it clearly.  top of shop with caution mark. but about new items with duplicate ID erroer,
seems just they do not check it.  it is not allowed.

many items I needed install again, it is fact.  so they just discribe and announce it more clealy.
and apologize about it.

2 how to save old daz sceane file.  many old daz file can not load correctly if save as duf.
so daz should make guide how to recover them officialy.

then,,
>I make an honourable exception for a couple of vendors who I know have tried, but can’t get Studio running on their machines, but is it >really too much trouble to throw it into Studio and see if it works or not?

they do not hope user use their items in ds 4.5, i think just so. but if user buy the product for his ds,
the all responsiblity own user.  it seems clear. and I can understand many user hope if they test them in ds 4.5 too,

if I were you, just ask them “please make items for ds 4.5, I love your products,
but I do not want to use poser, or I have not poser(in my case) so make it for ds 4.5.
send mail or PM to the vendor. (PA) in other shop.

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

I am actually a D|S “veteran” - I guess this is the first time I’ve actually been caught out…my bad I guess for trusting the product page…
This is however the third incident in a week where things have gone wrong, with Daz store cock-ups so I guess my patience is wearing a bit thin.
These incidents cost me time, they cost Daz time and hardly makes for an efficient system.

To all those reminding me of the refund policy - I bought the item on Friday so chances are I won’t get a refund back to next week some time and I had a number of wishlist items I could have got instead which is why I’m a bit angry.

Also an interesting note - if one should always check the forums for product compatibility and its the users responsibility to check before buying, so why does Daz state Carrara does not work on the Mac Lion system on the product page - surely Mac users should check the forum instead?

And before anyone asks - I could not use an older version of Daz Studio 4 because my laptop is new and the only download I could get was 4.5!

Posted: 26 August 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06

My downloads include both 4.5 and 4.0.3.47 when I reset.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 03 September 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t really matter to me now…this stupid piece of cr*p website just cancelled my platinum club status on its own!

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09

Please file a support ticket on that, using Sales as the dept.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4890
Joined  2009-02-26

If your still within your PC membership valid period… Daz will fix it up quickly if you let them know cheese

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Done that already but it looks like I’m going to have to wait a few days until they can sort it out for me!
Oh boy another week another problem….
Is it just me the Daz website does not like or is it really that crap….the old one worked like a dream..
To quote Scotty from “The Search for Spock”: “The more complicated they make the plumbing the easier it is to bung it up.

Posted: 08 September 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4890
Joined  2009-02-26

I’d like to make a suggestion…

Notifications (Beside the PM Notifier box on the page) that let us know when someone has commented/posted on a thread you are watching. Like Facebook smile That way we don’t have to sift through hundreds of email notifications to find out if someone has posted replies to a thread.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

2 of 2