Digital Art Zone

7 of 13
DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now
Posted: 30 May 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4467
Joined  2004-08-11

Are you using the Content Manager or the Smart Content area?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-09

A simple bug report with the 4.5 RC (this the Mac 64 bit version, if that matters)

I was using 4.0.3 and made some shaping files (DSF). The way that I made them was to select just a subset of the tree (in my case, just everything in the “chest” part of the tree). Works great in 4.0 and does what’s expected. Note that I’m saving a Victoria 4.2 figure modified with the Morphs++ stuff.

If I try to use that DSF file in 4.5 RC, nothing happens. And since 4.5RC only does the DUF thingies, I couldn’t try to recreate it there.

So I went back to 4.0.3 and saved again, this time saving the entire shape tree, and the resulting DSF will work in 4.5 RC, but of course that’s not what I want as the entire figure’s morphs are changed.

I am new at this sort of thing, so maybe I was doing something that just happened to work in 4.0.5…

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3395
Joined  2012-02-06
RAMWolff - 30 May 2012 08:29 PM

Are you using the Content Manager or the Smart Content area?

RAMWolff, was this directed at me? It’s happening regardless of whether I’m trying to load from Smart Content or the Content Library. And it’s even affecting Genesis…I can’t load untextured Genesis (or characters like Basic Child or Basic Female that come with DS4) but I can load Genesis characters that I got later, like M5 and V5.

I’m running 4.5.0.26 Pro 64-bit, Windows 7.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hey Scott… Have you tried a full uninstall of the program? It will not uninstall your content, just the program.  Reboot to clear out the cobwebs and reinstall.  I had an issue installing version .47 (the last buggy version that drove me up the wall) and doing that cleared up issues for me….

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 31 May 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-12-25

Neither InjectPMD nor Morphtools seem to work with this version. Gives me a wrong version error for the plugins :/

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13684
Joined  2003-10-09
Felinoscuro - 30 May 2012 04:56 PM

i reported this release as to the CC because :

1) the serial number DOESN’T work properly. every time i’m forced to type it again.
2)no way to use the previous version of the program (says “no importer found”)
3)All the old saves are GONE and without the chance to use the old version, in poor words, i can say i’ve lost 3 weeks of work.
4)No way to send files to Bryce, it causes crash, so you loose what you’ve done in DAZ (so SAVE every 30 seconds or less)
5)same problem if you try to send the files to Hexagon.

So….i suggest to DON’T istall this update till will be stable enough.

Ok is free, but it doesn’t mean is nice to have a product not stable and ready to be used. (at least let me have back my previous version :( )

i take this chance to say thanks for the kindness of the admin who helped me a lot ( REALLY, a lot!!) and i hope the technical dept will be able to fix this disaster soon as possible (same problems with Hexagon dowload, and with few PAID items)

1) may be that the serial you are entering is wrong - this version will work without a serial, so prsuambly it will work like that with a wrong code. Do you get a tick after entering the code?

2) if you have both 4.0 and 4.5 installed this will cause problems.

3) Files gone? That would indicate that you’ve changed your content paths or reset the database

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
heinz0r - 31 May 2012 05:44 AM

Neither InjectPMD nor Morphtools seem to work with this version. Gives me a wrong version error for the plugins :/

No, all plugins need to be recompiled to work with 4.5

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-04-19
Richard Haseltine - 31 May 2012 06:22 AM
Felinoscuro - 30 May 2012 04:56 PM

i reported this release as to the CC because :

1) the serial number DOESN’T work properly. every time i’m forced to type it again.
2)no way to use the previous version of the program (says “no importer found”)
3)All the old saves are GONE and without the chance to use the old version, in poor words, i can say i’ve lost 3 weeks of work.
4)No way to send files to Bryce, it causes crash, so you loose what you’ve done in DAZ (so SAVE every 30 seconds or less)
5)same problem if you try to send the files to Hexagon.

So….i suggest to DON’T istall this update till will be stable enough.

Ok is free, but it doesn’t mean is nice to have a product not stable and ready to be used. (at least let me have back my previous version :( )

i take this chance to say thanks for the kindness of the admin who helped me a lot ( REALLY, a lot!!) and i hope the technical dept will be able to fix this disaster soon as possible (same problems with Hexagon dowload, and with few PAID items)

1) may be that the serial you are entering is wrong - this version will work without a serial, so prsuambly it will work like that with a wrong code. Do you get a tick after entering the code?

2) if you have both 4.0 and 4.5 installed this will cause problems.

3) Files gone? That would indicate that you’ve changed your content paths or reset the database

1)the disclaimer is clear when you download the RC, this update works with the serial code of DAZ4.0. No code, no way to use the 64 bit version, so i have to insert manually the code everytime. The 4.0 now is actually dead.
2)yes, i have both istalled, but if i scroll manually the library of the 4.0 i can find my conents. i guess is i unistall i’ll loose really everything…maybe i’m wrong.
3)yes, the RC is not able to reach the main library, there is only a strange menu about codes, scrpits etc. So everytime i have to open manually the files (the one who work) from the old stash. the 64 bit seems able to take over every content, included morphs.

The conflict between the 2 is pretty clear, i simply wish to use my old wersion without loosing everything ( paid contents included)

Btw, thanks a lot for the tips, i’ll check again, just to be sure. grin

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3395
Joined  2012-02-06
RAMWolff - 30 May 2012 09:27 PM

Hey Scott… Have you tried a full uninstall of the program? It will not uninstall your content, just the program.  Reboot to clear out the cobwebs and reinstall.  I had an issue installing version .47 (the last buggy version that drove me up the wall) and doing that cleared up issues for me….

Seemed like a good idea, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

Now I am afraid, If I can not save my seans as new .duf. file
Please tell me how to save sean files.

After I installed daz studio 4.5RC, I remove 2 old my handmade morphs forr genesis.
they were made for test only.when I used ds4 ,
sometime I remove my test morphs, but it never cause ploblems.

the morps were saved
(daz contentsfolda)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\myname\mytestproducts\abc,dsf

After I removed abc.dsf

I road my seanfile (mytest.daz) , change somewhat, and saved as mytest.duf. in daz4.5RC

I can load mytest.daz ordinally, but if I load mytest.duf
it gives error message and “so strange figure” comes out.
Is there anyway to resume it?

shold I save all seans (which made in daz4) as .daz sean file?

Or it caused because map are remain to two morph files (they are not exist now)?

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Felinoscuro - 31 May 2012 06:36 AM

1)the disclaimer is clear when you download the RC, this update works with the serial code of DAZ4.0. No code, no way to use the 64 bit version, so i have to insert manually the code everytime. The 4.0 now is actually dead.
2)yes, i have both istalled, but if i scroll manually the library of the 4.0 i can find my conents. i guess is i unistall i’ll loose really everything…maybe i’m wrong.
3)yes, the RC is not able to reach the main library, there is only a strange menu about codes, scrpits etc. So everytime i have to open manually the files (the one who work) from the old stash. the 64 bit seems able to take over every content, included morphs.

The conflict between the 2 is pretty clear, i simply wish to use my old wersion without loosing everything ( paid contents included)

Btw, thanks a lot for the tips, i’ll check again, just to be sure. grin

1) I’m not quite clear on what you mean - 4.5 should pick up the fact that you have a 4.0 serial number without any action on your part.
2) No, uninstallling DS 4.0 will not remove your content - other than the base content, which will be replaced with new versions.
3) Again, I’m not sure what you mean - but using the same panes and settings in DS 4.0 and 4.5 should show the same files.

It does sound as if there may be something wrong with your installation - I would remove both 4.0 and 4.5, then reinstall one of them.

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
kitakoredazu - 31 May 2012 07:34 AM

Now I am afraid, If I can not save my seans as new .duf. file
Please tell me how to save sean files.

After I installed daz studio 4.5RC, I remove 2 old my handmade morphs forr genesis.
they were made for test only.when I used ds4 ,
sometime I remove my test morphs, but it never cause ploblems.

the morps were saved
(daz contentsfolda)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\myname\mytestproducts\abc,dsf

After I removed abc.dsf

I road my seanfile (mytest.daz) , change somewhat, and saved as mytest.duf. in daz4.5RC

I can load mytest.daz ordinally, but if I load mytest.duf
it gives error message and “so strange figure” comes out.
Is there anyway to resume it?

shold I save all seans (which made in daz4) as .daz sean file?

Or it caused because map are remain to two morph files (they are not exist now)?

Does it work if you create a new sphere primitive, save as a scene file, and reload? If you are getting a figure made of blocks it sounds as if it is not finding the geometry files.

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

Oh thank you Richard,
I saved primitive sphere seans in DS4.5RC, yesterday, and I can load it now.

Image Attachments
moon.jpg

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
Scott-Livingston - 31 May 2012 06:45 AM
RAMWolff - 30 May 2012 09:27 PM

Seemed like a good idea, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hmmmm, iirc, I went through my DAZStudio4 folder and removed all the extra trash that’s left behind as well as the:
c:/Users/RRRWW/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/ folder

Even hit the registry to make sure that was cleaned out.  DAZ leaves junk behind as I found out. 

The other solution is to uninstall again, go through and make sure all that’s cleared out and then install into a new directory folder in the Program Files > DAZ 3D folder, meaning don’t let it install to the default folder it’s set up to.  Another user did that and it solved her issues.. then again the installing new plugins and what not will be installed to the default folder so that will be a mess to deal with… Wish there was an easier solution .... sorry Scott.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

1 I can road girl.daz file(which is made in daz4pro)
2 I save girl.daz as girl.duf
3 I road girl.duf
4 ><) erroer message , and strange figure.

Image Attachments
report1.JPG
report2.JPG
report3.JPG

7 of 13