Digital Art Zone

3 of 13
DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now
Posted: 25 May 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  894
Joined  2007-01-04

@ DAZ_bfurner, can you PLEASE lose the zip files for the software and give us the installers in our available downloads instead (like it used to be).

I’ve tryed to download the 64 bit PC version 3 times now with different browsers and downloaders, as well as clearing the cache before each try, yet I still get a 488 MB corrupt zip that neither winzip nor winrar will touch, even an unpacker I have for dealing with broken zips wont look at it, I’ve got one attempt left so I’m not about to go and waste it too.

<<< angry

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09

It installed and worked OK for me. BUT, the Genesis head and body morhphs just would not show up. even after I re-installed them.  Everything else was showing up fine including the create morphs etc. Perhaps I need to download the latest versions of the heada nd body morphs?? Apart from that, was a solid update (so far).

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13703
Joined  2003-10-09
yann.let - 24 May 2012 06:17 PM

Enjoying the new build immensely (and it came out just a few days after getting Daz in the new place).  However it seems that the morphs for Genesis Evolution (I got Daz with the iClone introductory pack) have completely vanished.  They were there in 4.0, they’re gone now.  I’ve re-installed several times, manually checked to see that the file is there, re-imported metadata and checked the data logs.  Nothing.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Some morphs will not appear in the Shaping pane as they do not have a proper region declaration - that requires a content change. They should be available in Parameters.

Edit: Well, THAT’S not the name that I picked for the forum. And apparently I’m not allowed to change it!  D’oh!

Please PM me with the name you want to use, I think I will be able to fix it (possibly).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09

“Some morphs will not appear in the Shaping pane as they do not have a proper region declaration - that requires a content change. They should be available in Parameters.”

That’ll do me for now. I can install it back on now I know I can still use them.

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-06-17

Does the 4.5 RC have an auto loader for content?

I heard something about that - but I’m not sure if I just dreamed that or if it is in this release.

I mostly use Carrara, so I need to redownload all of my genesis content and reinstall,

But if there is an auto installer (or one coming)  I want to wait for that…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Gallery http://namrettek.deviantart.com/

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2011-08-02

I saved a scene in “depreciated” .daz ... and it can’t be open with a stable release.

How can I do to be able to open something done with the 4.5 RC1 in a stable version ?

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8427
Joined  2007-11-06
sioc - 25 May 2012 11:23 AM

I saved a scene in “depreciated” .daz ... and it can’t be open with a stable release.

How can I do to be able to open something done with the 4.5 RC1 in a stable version ?

That’s one of the problems the new .duf format addresses, but 4.0.3.47 can’t read them, so that solution doesn’t help yet.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2011-08-02

That’s one of the problems the new .duf format addresses, but 4.0.3.47 can’t read them, so that solution doesn’t help yet.

You mean there is no way i can use something done with the beta on a stable ?

That’s scandalous! You didn’t tell so in the releasing notes. Many hours of work I can’t use on a stable release…

It is the last time I try to help with a DAZ RC. I will have to redo all because you don’t support the stable in the RC…

Allow me to remember you simple usage in versionning: if you keep the major number that means you are compatible with the version, so all v4.X should be able to open each other documents in the stable way. If not you call it version n+1.

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13703
Joined  2003-10-09

Actually, it is in the release notes in the first post:

2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are not backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

Newer builds saved scenes have always been none reversible. The best suggestion save it under a different name. So do 4th gen shoes actually work with auto fit now?

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 26 May 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-02-28

So, where are the release notes? The issue tracker links me to a page that I have no access to and the .zip file contains no documentation, do I need to install in order to know the updates? I’m afraid I will end up messing up my library.

Posted: 26 May 2012 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2010-03-13
Tralen - 26 May 2012 02:56 AM

So, where are the release notes? The issue tracker links me to a page that I have no access to and the .zip file contains no documentation, do I need to install in order to know the updates? I’m afraid I will end up messing up my library.

Apart from the short list in the first post, there is also a change log on the DAZ3D documentation wiki (DAZ Studio 4 Change Log), but I am not sure if e.g. a comprehensive list of “known issues” exists for example, other than visiting the bug tracker. So I’d still treat it carefully if you’d like to use it with your productive database / content library folders - it is a “Release Candidate” after all.

Posted: 26 May 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-04-13
Richard Haseltine - 25 May 2012 01:24 PM

Actually, it is in the release notes in the first post:

2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are not backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.

yep i read this.

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26
BlitzMan - 24 May 2012 04:40 PM

Selective item save/load

Will this save the surface settings i make to the selected object? I wasn’t able to do this when I would save an object in the .obj format. I created a wall that i wanted to be able to drop into a scene mutliple times, but not have to adjust some of the surface settings for each one.

This feature completely saves the items you select to save, you can use it as a duplicate by saving an item and then immediately reloading the file you saved.

Posted: 26 May 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-02-28
Renpatsu - 26 May 2012 03:42 AM

Apart from the short list in the first post, there is also a change log on the DAZ3D documentation wiki (DAZ Studio 4 Change Log), but I am not sure if e.g. a comprehensive list of “known issues” exists for example, other than visiting the bug tracker. So I’d still treat it carefully if you’d like to use it with your productive database / content library folders - it is a “Release Candidate” after all.

Thank you for the link.

3 of 13