Digital Art Zone

12 of 13
House of Secrets - Poser & DS
Posted: 15 October 2012 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

Chuckles…....
As far as I know, Poser does not have a “point to” feature, but here’s some fun available to DS users. 
1.  Turn off movement restrictions for the eyeballs.
2.  Create a null called “Eyeball focus”.  Place it at 0.0.0.
3.  Create a null called “Squint.”  Make it a child of the null “Focus”
4.  For each eyeball, adjust “Point to” to read “Squint”
5.  Adjust the position of “Squint” until the eyes are looking at the origin position 0.0.0
    (This takes care of discrepancy of the eye texture and may be tricky to get right.)
Now, wherever you move the >>> Eyeball Focus <<< null, the eyes will follow.  For example, if you have Vicky in your scene, make the Eyeball Focus null a child of (say) Vicky’s head.  The eyes will now follow her no matter where you put her.
Some fun for all users -
6.  This is easiest to get right.  Create a red point light.  Put it immediately in front of the eyeball with illumination at about 5%.  See pic A.
Alternatively, put it >>> just inside <<< the eyeball and make the opacity of the eyeball about 50%.  See pic B.  This requires careful placing since the point light must be between the eye surface and the background picture.
A similar red point light may be placed just above the coals in the fireplace, to great effect.  Make sure that it is a child of the rotating fireplace and adjust the illumination to suit yourself.

Image Attachments
Image1.jpg
 Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  380
Joined  2011-12-14
skipper25 - 14 October 2012 01:31 PM

Mmmmm.  That’s a puzzle, and I would say that you are not doing anything stupid.  My only suggestion at this point is that you scrap the download that you have and try again with a new one.  The other day I editted the upload so as to take account of the problems that some folks have been having with DS4 - you should no longer have to redirect DS4.  Try that and let us know.

I deleted the previous download and tried again. This time when I click on the house icon in my content library I get “An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.”. I have no idea what that means.

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2004-07-01
SteveM17 - 15 October 2012 01:04 PM

Mmmmm.  That’s a puzzle, and I would say that you are not doing anything stupid.  My only suggestion at this point is that you scrap the download that you have and try again with a new one.  The other day I editted the upload so as to take account of the problems that some folks have been having with DS4 - you should no longer have to redirect DS4.  Try that and let us know.

I deleted the previous download and tried again. This time when I click on the house icon in my content library I get “An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.”. I have no idea what that means.

it means you have the same as me .
you will have to goto the unziped file and import the .pz3 file
then save it in DS .
it will work fine then .

Posted: 15 October 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Yes, the report that, “An error occurred….” is of no help whatsoever.  It could be anything or nothing.  And I know even less than you do; I do not know what system you are using, DS3, DS4 or Poser. Nor do I know which scene file you clicked on - DS or Poser.  All that I know is that you need help - nothing more - and knowing what to tell you is next to impossible.  I suggest that you try the solution kindly offered by BigH and if that fails, contact us again, giving as much information as possible.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 17 October 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01

lets look over there
pretty dark

Image Attachments
lets_look_over_there.jpg

Posted: 18 October 2012 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

You’ve got some pretty wierd household pets!!  Good to see you experimenting, though.

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
skipper25 - 18 October 2012 04:58 AM

You’ve got some pretty wierd household pets!!  Good to see you experimenting, though.

there are cheap to feed LOL

Posted: 18 October 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-12-14
bigh - 15 October 2012 01:50 PM

then save it in DS .
it will work fine then .

It imports as .pz3, which gives me a grey/white room with all the stuff in it. What should I now save it as? A scene or something else?

Posted: 18 October 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
SteveM17 - 18 October 2012 02:27 PM
bigh - 15 October 2012 01:50 PM

then save it in DS .
it will work fine then .

It imports as .pz3, which gives me a grey/white room with all the stuff in it. What should I now save it as? A scene or something else?

yes save as a scene

Posted: 18 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

It sounds as though no textures have imported.  Save it anyway.  It should be easy enough to assign the textures - I’ll take an hour tomorrow to duplicate your problem and then write you a step-by-step to get out of it.

Signature 

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-12-14
skipper25 - 18 October 2012 03:49 PM

It sounds as though no textures have imported.  Save it anyway.  It should be easy enough to assign the textures - I’ll take an hour tomorrow to duplicate your problem and then write you a step-by-step to get out of it.

Yes, the texture jpegs are in the texture folder as they should be, they just don’t load automatically with the room. Once I assign them and save as scene, I’ll be able to use the room, even if some of the secrety bits don’t work. Thanks guys.

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Glad you’ve got it sorted.  Have fun.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2405
Joined  2007-12-07
Robert Freise - 10 October 2012 09:18 PM
SimonJM - 10 October 2012 07:28 AM

*readies the tumbler and bottle of 25 year old Laphroaig ...* smile

Ohh good Scotch
One of my favorites

Ok, that’s your favourite - what about you, Skipper?  I have to be wary with whisk(e)y as there is one (or more) that gives me a blinding headache within 5 minutes of drinking; and I cannot remember for sure which/what it is.  Which means, of course, opting for a Scotch (or Irish) is a bit like tap-dancing through a mine-field wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 26 October 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  997
Joined  2005-03-26
SimonJM - 25 October 2012 03:54 PM
Robert Freise - 10 October 2012 09:18 PM
SimonJM - 10 October 2012 07:28 AM

*readies the tumbler and bottle of 25 year old Laphroaig ...* smile

Ohh good Scotch
One of my favorites

Ok, that’s your favourite - what about you, Skipper?  I have to be wary with whisk(e)y as there is one (or more) that gives me a blinding headache within 5 minutes of drinking; and I cannot remember for sure which/what it is.  Which means, of course, opting for a Scotch (or Irish) is a bit like tap-dancing through a mine-field wink

Glenlivet = good scotch.  Green Plaid = lighter fluid.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 27 October 2012 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Anything that smells like Scotch, but I agree that Glenlivet is great.  I have had many discussions about the best way to drink it, but the consensus of opinion appears to be 40% water and NO ICE!!!

Signature 

12 of 13