Digital Art Zone

10 of 13
House of Secrets - Poser & DS
Posted: 12 October 2012 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2007-08-19

That’s a pity, but it would be more helpful if you gave details.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 12 October 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2620
Joined  2007-12-07

In DS4.5, loading the .daz file gives me an errror with the textures (starting with /!!! Work in Hand/Panelled_wall.jpg), followed by an inability to find monitors_TRANS.jpg.  It can then, not surprisingly, not find a raft-load of .dso files and whilst loading does not actually display anything - which is common feature of self-created .daz files.
Doing a File> Import for the .pz3 works fine.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 12 October 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Ah.  Sorry about that.  D|S is looking in the wrong place. This works (I’ve just tried it) -

When you get the small splash panel saying that it cannot find   xxxxx.panelled_wall.jpg, click on Locate.  This opens a search box.  Navigate your way to your new Runtime/Textures/Skipper25/House of Secrets.  Panelled_Wall is in there - click on it.  The prog loads it. Then, it makes the sensible assumption that all other required .jpg’s are in the same place.  No problem until it wants Monitors_Trans.jpg.  The problem then is that some fathead called Skipper renamed it as Casing_Trans.  Click on it and everything else loads.

Now for the good news - save as a new scene file and you’ve got it made.

Have fun.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 12 October 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2620
Joined  2007-12-07

Strange to say, that’s pretty much exactly what I thought and did - main issue, of course, being the .daz file is binary and is not human readable/editable.  But as you say, a save should generate both the geometry (the .dso files) and, of course, remember the file locations!

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2004-07-01
skipper25 - 12 October 2012 07:20 AM

Ah.  Sorry about that.  D|S is looking in the wrong place. This works (I’ve just tried it) -

When you get the small splash panel saying that it cannot find   xxxxx.panelled_wall.jpg, click on Locate.  This opens a search box.  Navigate your way to your new Runtime/Textures/Skipper25/House of Secrets.  Panelled_Wall is in there - click on it.  The prog loads it. Then, it makes the sensible assumption that all other required .jpg’s are in the same place.  No problem until it wants Monitors_Trans.jpg.  The problem then is that some fathead called Skipper renamed it as Casing_Trans.  Click on it and everything else loads.

Now for the good news - save as a new scene file and you’ve got it made.

Have fun.

thats what I did - it was a no show

have fun

just for the .... of it - are you using DS 4.5.1.6

Posted: 12 October 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

OK, you two guys have lost me.  Are you saying that you still can’t run it?  What are the symptoms?  What is a no show?  Help me to help you, dammit.

I am using DS 4.0.3.47 Pro.  as well as DS 3.0.1.135 Advanced

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
skipper25 - 12 October 2012 09:33 AM

OK, you two guys have lost me.  Are you saying that you still can’t run it?  What are the symptoms?  What is a no show?  Help me to help you, dammit.

I am using DS 4.0.3.47 Pro.  as well as DS 3.0.1.135 Advanced

ok - Doing a File> Import for the .pz3 works fine

please test the next one in DS 4.5.1.6 or what ever the last one is

sorry to be a pain
you do a great job !
skull

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2009-03-17

In my corner of Antique Land (Daz Studio 3.1), I’m having zero problems loading the pre-loaded pz3.

And it’s a beauty, Skipper! Major improvements on the Bridal Suite (but don’t tell my Bridal Suite because we’re very fond of each other).

This is a very rudimentary render I call “Best Doggie Door EVER!”

Hoping my latest-model reduced-capacity (mortally sick) computer will load some humans into it for an entry in the Halloween freebie challenge.

Image Attachments
DoggieDoor.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

That’s great, Dorseyland.  Thank you for posting.  I love your little dog and the gavel award on the mantlepiece.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01

Beware my friend

Image Attachments
beware.jpg

Posted: 12 October 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Ooooh Errrrrrrr!  Mummeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01

I’m waiting

Image Attachments
Im_waiting.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

What’s she waiting for?  He’s only just outside, on the balcony!

BigH, I am delighted that you have everything working and that you are having great fun.  It makes everything worth while.  Just one question - the mirror on the wardrobe door is black; is the reflection working for you?  If not, tell me if you are rendering in DS3, DS4 or Poser.

Keep trucking!  We like to see what you do.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2966
Joined  2010-11-30

I don’t see any shadows in the render, either - perhaps it was done without any raytracing…?

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2006-01-05

Thanks for sharing, Skipper! Your models are always appreciated. Can’t wait to play with it. I had fanart ideas as soon as I saw the fireplace. X3

Signature 

Shanarah on DeviantArt

10 of 13