8 of 13
House of Secrets - Poser & DS
Posted: 07 October 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2675
Joined  2010-11-30
Starwulf - 07 October 2012 09:43 AM

I also find your observation about the ACW being the first war fought on “soverign American soil” interesting, most of us consider it the second war.  The War of 1812 being the first.  However, you made me realize that many probably consider the war of 1812 an extension of our American Revolutionary war, though the two are seperated by almost 3 decades.

To be fair, most British people consider the War of 1812 to be about Wellington and Napoleon at Waterloo - our side of the conflict is pretty much forgotten on that side of The Pond.

(Ah, the War of 1812… Both sides say they won, and there’s some truth in that - Canada is not part of the USA so Britain won, and Britain stopped taking sailors off of US ships so the USA won. The only confirmed losers were the natives…)

Enough digression - back to the House of Secrets…?

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 07 October 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

Mmmmm.  When is a war not a war?  If we mean deadly conflict between large groups, then war was fought on American soil almost from the day that the Pilgrim Fathers landed.  However, I don’t think there is much doubt that the ACW was the first that used WMD - ie., machine guns and high explosives.  A sort of dress-rehearsal for what was to come. Depressing.

Poser provides an excellent skeleton and the chest that I have put in the main bedroom would be a first-rate place to put it, rather like the play and movie “Rope” where two students hide the body of a third, then invite the parents of the victim round for dinner.  (Shiver.) 

Thank you for your enthusiasm for the model.  Clearing the final stages is taking some time because the whole thing is so very complicated and interactive.  Currently, I estimate another week or ten days before release, but that could change.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 08 October 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

This model is now ready for Poser users.  Get it at
http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65039/view/5/3D-Model/House-of-Secrets

Image Attachments
Monster_eyes.jpgHall2.jpgFireplace.jpg
 Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 08 October 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2353
Joined  2007-12-07

Wow, I don’t think your calendar is the same as mine ... ready already?  What happened to ‘a week or ten days’? smile
Not that I am complaining, and I hope your holiday does not go so fast!

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 08 October 2012 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

LOL.  I thought that someone would make a remark…..  Actually, it was just a matter of really getting stuck into the job and for once, having things go right.  It makes a pleasant change.  Now I am waiting for folks to tell me what I did wrong!

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-07
skipper25 - 08 October 2012 01:59 PM

...  Now I am waiting for folks to tell me what I did wrong!

Releasing it early so people think it’s easy! wink

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2675
Joined  2010-11-30
SimonJM - 08 October 2012 11:51 AM

Wow, I don’t think your calendar is the same as mine ... ready already?  What happened to ‘a week or ten days’? smile
Not that I am complaining, and I hope your holiday does not go so fast!

Perhaps Skipper was using binary… 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111…

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 08 October 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
SimonJM - 08 October 2012 03:06 PM

So we can expect the DS version any minute now, right?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 October 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

LOL.  Actually, I could do with some help.  Could some kind folks give me pointers on the best way to bundle and upload the D|S version?  I have a nagging suspicion that I have not been doing my best by users.  Again, as I have said in the thread, Poser and D|S operate limits, rotation and mirror reflection quite differently.  All help (or points to tutes) will be gratefully received.  I have the time now. LOL

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2010-08-10

I imported the pz3 file into DS 3 (I have DS4 and am still learning it, but it runs very slowly on my old PC). House of Secrets opened successfully, and I saved it as a DAZ file.

Thank you for this beautiful piece of work.

Posted: 09 October 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

And thank you for the reassurance.  From what you report, a D|S version is not required.  I guess that what I must do is fire up my old computer (now that is going to be a task!), import and study the results in detail for my doubts to ebb away.

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-07
skipper25 - 08 October 2012 05:16 PM

LOL.  Actually, I could do with some help.  Could some kind folks give me pointers on the best way to bundle and upload the D|S version?  I have a nagging suspicion that I have not been doing my best by users.  Again, as I have said in the thread, Poser and D|S operate limits, rotation and mirror reflection quite differently.  All help (or points to tutes) will be gratefully received.  I have the time now. LOL

I suspect the most obvious things will be the material settings, primarily glossiness and ambient.

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Well, thanks to Fleetpp, I can relax with an easy conscience until this is sorted.  So - no forthcoming D|S version folks, or at least, of the type initially contemplated.  What one thinks of now is a small adjustment file or perhaps even no more than a few notes in the ReadMe.  Now I gotta recover that old computer from beneath a pile of junk, crank it up and see what goes on .........

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4696
Joined  2004-07-01
fixmypcmike - 08 October 2012 04:51 PM
SimonJM - 08 October 2012 03:06 PM

So we can expect the DS version any minute now, right?

yes that would be nice to see .
the poser one doesn’t work for me in DS 4.5
sorry to say

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2008-08-25

thanks you so much!
i still don´t try ...but i use things for poser in Daz and ever work ok…i´m sure yours will do the same!

8 of 13