1 of 13
House of Secrets - Poser & DS
Posted: 24 August 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

Get it at http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65039/view/5/3D-Model/House-of-Secrets

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

An update of my model first issued some two/three years ago.

This is where it all happens - from grande guignole tragedy to frothy bedroom farce; from 007 to the Three Stooges; from murder most foul to a honey-trap for a prince - where anything can happen and probably will.

This set is designed to contain as many possibilities for the user as may be possible within a small area and to this end will have no less than 30 - yes, THIRTY - user-adjustables, with doors, windows, curtains, trapdoors etc., etc..

We start with the basic set shown below. This is all one prop, immovable of course.  As we add more and more, these will be made separate props, so that the user may either make them invisible, or operate them.  Some places are obvious from the pic below, but be sure that we have other surprises in store.

Image Attachments
Image1.jpg
 Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 24 August 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2566
Joined  2007-12-07

30 ways to leave your lover ... wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 24 August 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

(Giggle)  I like your sense of humour.

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2008-10-17

Actually, I see 5 right now.

Signature 

“Live well, Love Much, Laugh Often”

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

I’m afraid that the arched doors are dummies.  I did think about making them opening, but I’ve got to stop somewhere!

OTOH, with the placing of the North panelled wall of the bedroom, you can see the site of six user-adjustables!  The flat top behind the wall is of course necessary to make the secret passage dark and mysterious.  More tomorrow.

Image Attachments
Image2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1097
Joined  2005-03-26
SimonJM - 24 August 2012 10:49 AM

With this one, it’s more like “30 ways to love your levers”....

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 25 August 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2566
Joined  2007-12-07
Eustace Scrubb - 25 August 2012 05:03 PM
SimonJM - 24 August 2012 10:49 AM

With this one, it’s more like “30 ways to love your levers”....

LMAO smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 26 August 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

(Guffaw)  Very witty, Eustace.  You ought to be writing gags for Morecambe and Wise.  Wait - they’re dead!  LOL

In the pic below you see the latest prop, with a familiar scene over the mantelpiece.  You should now be able to pick out the site of eleven user-adjustables, but I will leave you the puzzle of sorting them out.  I think that I had better start filling some of these holes before going any further and   that’s the job for the weekend.

Image Attachments
Image3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 26 August 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1097
Joined  2005-03-26

Thanks!  red face

Will we be able to flip the Castle Combe scene down and see Vincent (Price?) Van Gogh still watching our every move?

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 26 August 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

You remembered! 

Well, this is a make-over, which is to say that everything is being restructured and made more efficient.  Most of it will appear to be the same as before, but there will be some obvious differences too ; some things will be moved to another position and I have a couple of entirely new gimmicks.  In reply to your direct questions, no, the painting (Cromer) does not flip, but I have a picture of Boris Karloff to watch over everything. He will appear later. 

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Below you may see the first user-movable prop - the fireplace as (apparently) normal and then as rotated, opening for guys to rush in or a girl to flee a wicked stepmother; whatever.  Just don’t get burned on your way out.

Image Attachments
Image4.jpgImage5.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

To the right of the fireplace is a display cabinet with two sliding glass doors.

Image Attachments
Image6.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

At the other side, the sliding panel is hidden.  I have also placed the roof of the four-poster bed.

Image Attachments
Image7.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Here you see how the roof of the four-poster can be lowered to smother the sleeping victims.  Here too, the panel is slid to the right.

Image Attachments
Image8.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2009-03-17

Wait a sec—did the fireplace rotate in the original model?? If so, I never knew that. If not, is that the point of this revamp (or at least one of the points)?

Signature 

1 of 13