Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
[DS4.5, Genesis] I think I broke something in joints system
Posted: 25 August 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi Skiriki…

That image with the double-boning is indeed strange and I have no idea what’s up with that…

Below I’ve listed the steps that I would use for creating a Shape based from an exported obj from DS. I don’t use Hex so I’m not familiar with the use of the Bridge so this is based on a straight obj export from DS 4.5

With Genesis morphed to your liking…

1- Set Resolution to Base and Subdivision to 0

2- Export .obj, File>Export, select type .obj, Name FBM(whatever), use Daz scale, use existing groups

3- Zero all Genesis morphs and scale or clear scene and load a new Genesis figure

4- Select Genesis and open Morph Loader Pro

5- Select Daz scale and then Choose Morph Files, navigate to the .obj and select

6- Expand the loaded morph file and Right-Click on Morphs/Morph Loader on the Property Group line and select the appropriate group from the list.

7- Right-Click on Make Unique on the Overwrite Existing line and select Deltas Only

8- Click Accept and the morph should now be created and added to Genesis

9- Find your morph in the Shaping or Parameters pane and set to 100 percent

10- With Genesis selected, open the Property Editor and select the Joint Editor Tool to view the bones.

11- In the Viewport Right-Click and select Edit>Adjust Rigging to Shape. Everything should be selected by default, click Accept and the bones should adjust to the mesh

12- Right-Click on the Property Editor Tab header or click on the menu and select Refresh Pane. Your morph should appear in the Hierarchy pane under Genesis (probably first), Right-Click on your morph and select ERC Freeze. Everything should be filled in by default (Figure and Node - Genesis, Property - your morph, Freeze Properties - all the bone positions), un-check Restore Figure Rigging and click Accept.

13- In the Shaping or Parameters pane click the gear cog for your morph and select Parameter Settings, set the Min value to 0, the Label to whatever you want to call your morph and un-check As Percent if you prefer 0 or 1 values, click Accept

14- Test your morph slider and watch that the bones follow the shape

15- Zero out your morph slider to return to the default Genesis !!This is very IMPORTANT!!

16- Select File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset(s)

17- Set the Base Directory to where the data folder is located ie:My Library, enter your Vender Name (folder name) and Product Name

18- Expand the Genesis tree all the way to your morph and check your morph, un-check Compress Files if you want your files written in plain text, click Accept

19- Clear your scene and load a new Genesis, find your morph in the Shaping or Parameters pane and try it out

cool smirk standard disclaimer - for personnel use only if obj is made from non-merchant resource morphs.

That said… these steps always work for me in creating new Shape morphs, but I did go ahead and test them out for what I believe you are wanting to do (exporting out a morphed figure to create a single shape morph)

Hope this helps you out… smile

Posted: 25 August 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

I am sorry to answer well, then it seems perfect tutorial.

then I want to said about exprot and import size .

if you use hexagon bridge , then stop your work sometime,
you need exprot obj. then you need to save it as size. 10 times scale.

so you load it as default size in ds 4.5

(actually hexagon bridge just load obj as tenth part scale.)

everytime the ration is (10 :  1) = ds size : hexagon size.
you export obj normarl size in ds, you need to load it as “tenth part” scale in hexagon.
if you exprot obj from hexagon, you need to load is as “ten times” scale in ds.

and just apply to erc feeze setting jpg.

so are you happy?

Image Attachments
mutant2.JPGnewworld.jpg

Posted: 25 August 2012 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4808
Joined  2011-10-04

Thanks, everyone! I managed to muddle it out yesterday, by turning the whole thing into a character morph and somehow managed to muddle the rigging back to what it should be. (And had that “forgot to zero the morph” thing, but then I went “did I forget?” and loaded second instance of DS, loaded Genesis and went “Yep, forgot” and one manual edit later all was good again.) And yes, sadly I can’t share the awesome pudgy gnome goodness with all of ya, so in a personal morph library it will stay. wink

Thanks again, for taking time, you all are the most awesometastic people I know. I will make a note of this thread so when I inevitably mess up stuff, I can come here to refresh my memory for how to fix it. LOL smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 21 June 2013 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much for the tutorial on how to fix my messy hands issue after transferring morphs from Gene-01 to Gene-02

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

2 of 2