Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Genesis with Mimic
Posted: 28 August 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  353
Joined  2007-07-31

Wendy _All the methods I tried described above were saved as .duf files

wondering if because my DS is 32 bit and Carrara is 64bit would makew any difference.

Tried making lipsync in DS and bridging to my mimic for DS then saving as .pz2 and importing to Carrara .
either as pose or clip. That should work but the playback mouth morphs are all wrong. !!
Im depressed
But off to try saving another duf scene with genesis. If it worked for you it should work for me.
cheers

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 28 August 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8393
Joined  2009-07-13

only 32bit does lipsync so that is what I used
I did not do a character preset or anything else fancy,  just a whole scene save, it appears in my smart content in Carrara and I can load it by clicking on it.
yes pz2 comes out bad, I tried that too.
I do not have the latest beta of Carrara, expressions and phonemes do not work on Genesis in that.
is that maybe your issue.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 29 August 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  353
Joined  2007-07-31

HI thanks for feedback.

(Yeh I uninstalled latest version too - no good without morphs - how did that happen?)

I think Ive tried everything now -Even reinstalled 32bit version of Carrara 8.5.(V107) to match DS 32 bit.

Just no luck opening anything properly in Carrara after saving/exporting with DS 4.5 with just about every option available.

So giving up now. Return to C8.1

Maybe I just have to do my lisync close ups on Daz Studio. Its so much easier and puppeteer far superior to Carrara version.great for making facials.

Anyway probably buy Carrara’s mimic instead of paying for C8.5 upgrade ( if it ever comes) .

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 10 October 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey Wendy -

I’ve tried creating a very simple lip synch with DAZ included audio clips in 32 bit version of DAZ 4.5 pro with genesis - saved as scene - and simply can’t open in C8.5 pro beta.  i keep getting i/O error occurred while executing open.

An ideas what’s going wrong or suggestions?

Thanks

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

no idea, it works for me
some scenes with more in get that, others also cannot open .duf in Carrara, Manstan springs to mind, must be another factor at play, I know there are some things that never worked for me on my laptop that do on my desktop.
at work in the lockerroom now on my android, perhaps later (about 9hours time) I can look into it, I think you can share .duf files as they do not include the mesh, just look for it on your computer, I can only share via Google documents so you need to have a Google account.
otherwise maybe the nla clip to see if that works.
cannot share the Genesis .car file unfortunately.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 October 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

wendylovescats -

Thanks.  I’ll try a couple more times maybe.  And if still no luck, will check with DAZ to see if I could post a duf file to someone in the DAZ community to help in troubleshooting.  I’ll send you a PM if I’m still stuck and get the go ahead.  I do have some other work I’m trying to finish, so may just let this go for the time being.  Will see tomorrow . . .

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_LBYN9TC7lhVnQzNHhKWWp2LTg
a zip with the .duf,nla clip, wav file in it
.duf were meant for people to share scenes without geometry so should be ok, it should ask you to browse for stuff
try adding the folder with the cbr to your clips browser and dragging it on Genesis too

I only know how to upload files to Google docs and people tell my they cannot download unless they are signed into Google, I DID try the anyone can view option so hope it is downloadable

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 12 October 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey wendy -

Thanks for posting the file.
I downloaded it and was able to open the .duf inside of C8.5 beta without any problem.  Lip synch played fine.

I’ll try again to see if I can make a lip synch in DAZ 32 bit version and see if I can get it working.

What release version of DAZ Studio 32bit are you using for the lip synch?

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I will leave it up for 0oseven who was also having issues, eliminated Carrara at least as the issue, must be your studio save

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

2 of 2