Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Genesis with Mimic
Posted: 22 August 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  336
Joined  2007-07-31

I launched my Mimic pro from Daz Studio 4.5 (32 bit)with Genesis loaded and got message “couldnt find character (or dmc files)

Reset my downloads to get Mimic installed again hoping this would have an update.

I havent installed yet but looking at the files I see there arn’t any dmc files for Genesis .....so question.

Is mimic going to work with Genesis now or ever?

Note -basically I’m a Carrara user and understand carrara version of Mimic has Genesis dmc’s )

Any info gratefully received

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 22 August 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2004-07-01
0oseven - 22 August 2012 04:48 PM

I launched my Mimic pro from Daz Studio 4.5 (32 bit)with Genesis loaded and got message “couldnt find character (or dmc files)

Reset my downloads to get Mimic installed again hoping this would have an update.

I havent installed yet but looking at the files I see there arn’t any dmc files for Genesis .....so question.

Is mimic going to work with Genesis now or ever?

Note -basically I’m a Carrara user and understand carrara version of Mimic has Genesis dmc’s )

the Genesis dmc is in the DS lip sync file
don’t know why its not in the Mimic file

Posted: 22 August 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-31

Launched my Mimic pro from Daz Studio 4.5 (32 bit) with Genesis loaded and got message “couldnt find character (or dmc files)

I havent installed it yet but looking at the files I see there aren’t any dmc files for Genesis .....so question.

Is mimic going to work with Genesis now or in future?

Note -basically I’m a Carrara user but have the DS version of Mimic However I understand Carrara version does work with Genesis (but Im not happy about spendingg $100 for it when I already bought DS version)

Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2009-07-13

use Daz studio 32bit lipsync with the Genesis configuration file found in plugins in program filesx86 Daz studio 4
save as a .duf to open in C8.5 beta, create an nla clip of just the head movements to use on other figures maybe.
I have Mimic for Carrara and Poser as I got them on sale for $10 each when I only had C7 so have not tried the above,
let me know if it works or saving Genesis as a cr2 to use in Mimic with the dmc, might try myself later for you if you do not respond,

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-31

Bigh -  the Genesis dmc is in the DS lip sync file

In my DS4.5 there isonly plugins/mimic and then configuration files where I did find Genesis dmc BUT its only 4k file so doesnt look right considering V4 is 873k.

So launching mimic from Daz what it actually says is cant find   cr2 character file which makes sense as Genesis is .duf -right ?. Now if I launch Mimic and set up file locations I would normsally navigate to V4 runtime folder but damned if I can find the duf file for Genesis in order to see if that works. Genesis is atomatically installed with studio. Any idea where he/she is put ?

I was able to examine the dmc file for Carrara mimic ( which I had as a result of downloading something) and it too only shows a filesize of 4k.

I will put enquiry on Carrara Forum to see if any one using mimic with Genesis with Genesis

Meanwhile if any one has used Mimic in Daz Studio with Genesis would be glad to get details.

I’m beginning to think Daz has not yet sorted out Mimic for Genesis.!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

exporting plain grey Genesis with lipsync from DS4.5 as a duf scene worked and I could create an nla clip from the keyframes which I could drag on a new figure (Steph 5 curvy) and it spoke too.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 22 August 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
0oseven - 22 August 2012 09:45 PM

Bigh -  the Genesis dmc is in the DS lip sync file

In my DS4.5 there isonly plugins/mimic and then configuration files where I did find Genesis dmc BUT its only 4k file so doesnt look right considering V4 is 873k.

So launching mimic from Daz what it actually says is cant find   cr2 character file which makes sense as Genesis is .duf -right ?. Now if I launch Mimic and set up file locations I would normsally navigate to V4 runtime folder but damned if I can find the duf file for Genesis in order to see if that works. Genesis is atomatically installed with studio. Any idea where he/she is put ?

I was able to examine the dmc file for Carrara mimic ( which I had as a result of downloading something) and it too only shows a filesize of 4k.

I will put enquiry on Carrara Forum to see if any one using mimic with Genesis with Genesis

Meanwhile if any one has used Mimic in Daz Studio with Genesis would be glad to get details.

I’m beginning to think Daz has not yet sorted out Mimic for Genesis.!!!!

its fine in Carrara - just did a test
so thats the file ( 4K )

Posted: 22 August 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
0oseven - 22 August 2012 06:39 PM

Launched my Mimic pro from Daz Studio 4.5 (32 bit) with Genesis loaded and got message “couldnt find character (or dmc files)

I havent installed it yet but looking at the files I see there aren’t any dmc files for Genesis .....so question.

Is mimic going to work with Genesis now or in future?

Note -basically I’m a Carrara user but have the DS version of Mimic However I understand Carrara version does work with Genesis (but Im not happy about spendingg $100 for it when I already bought DS version)

I posted info all ready - please read .
Mimic works fine in Carrara .

Posted: 22 August 2012 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

he does not have mimic for Carrara, if you read my post I have the plugin,  yes it works, I use it, (not in the latest beta though) just showing another solution using Daz studio lipsync instead.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 22 August 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
wendy♥catz - 22 August 2012 11:40 PM

he does not have mimic for Carrara, if you read my post I have the plugin,  yes it works, I use it, (not in the latest beta though) just showing another solution using Daz studio lipsync instead.

I know - I told him what to do in his other thread .

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-31
wendy♥catz - 22 August 2012 10:51 PM

exporting plain grey Genesis with lipsync from DS4.5 as a duf scene worked and I could create an nla clip from the keyframes which I could drag on a new figure (Steph 5 curvy) and it spoke too.

Before I go further -assume you mean lipsync using “DS auto generated speech” not Mimic modified lipsync ?

What I am trying to do is use DS Mimic with Genesis in exactly the same way as I do with v4 -
Usually that is auto sync with DS first then bridge the file to Mimic for fine adjustment and back to Daz for tweeking anything else if needed before exportibn to Carrara - usually as poser file or aniblocks worked ok too.

The problem is that DS mimic doesnt (Im guessing) recognise genesis .dfa files -that is mimic cant load genesis to make the facial morphs.

This brings me full circle and the conclusion that Daz have not updated mimic to do this - but Im only guessing.

thanks everyone for trying to help me out on this one

Edit

ps wendy quote ave Mimic for Carrara and Poser as I got them on sale for $10 each

How do you do this ??? You got Messiah for a song too. Im upset. LOL
Been waiting to get Carrara Mimic for under $25 as not happy paying more seeing I bought studio version for $100 yonks ago.

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yes, I know it is not as tweekable as Mimic but if want Genesis talking in Carrara without buying the Carrara plugin it is free and not too difficult.
shut my pc down now and leaving for work or I would have tried the Genesis cr2 I exported with the dmc file in Mimic standalone too.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 23 August 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14341
Joined  2003-10-09

Duplicate threads merged. Please don’t post the same question in multiple forums, it is inconsiderate as it makes people waste their time going over ground that has already been covered elsewhere.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 August 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-31
wendy♥catz - 22 August 2012 09:42 PM

use Daz studio 32bit lipsync with the Genesis configuration file found in plugins in program filesx86 Daz studio 4
save as a .duf to open in C8.5 beta, create an nla clip of just the head movements to use on other figures maybe.
I have Mimic for Carrara and Poser as I got them on sale for $10 each when I only had C7 so have not tried the above,
let me know if it works or saving Genesis as a cr2 to use in Mimic with the dmc, might try myself later for you iwit unquote.]

I spent some time trying your suggestion with no luck at all.

I saved as scene - character preset - pose preset - properties preset either all genesis selected or just head.

None of these imprted to Carrara

I made an aniblock of the file making sure morphs were included - this did impoert to carrara onto Genesis but only key frames for eyes ??

Got any more suggestions -

Can I ask were you Premium Club member when you got Carrara Mimic for $10 ?
Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Im working on visame “clips” for Genesis as an alternative. The idea works but its a pain trying to position them to match the audio which is a song - maybe be easier for speech with out music..

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I think it was actually well before I joined the platinum club, it was when I had C6pro and just used Mimic lite to create pz2 files, they had the Carrara plugin, the stand alone and studio plugin each for $10
only a few days
I bought the Carrara one because I was intending to upgrade (had reserved an upcoming 3D mag at the newsagent) and the stand alone to use in the meantime, ironicly I got 3D World mag instead of 3D Artist which I had reserved a copy for at the newsagent and it included the plugin as well as C7pro so I actually need not have even spent the $10!!!
but at least it means I get upgrades inc to C8 then the betas.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 August 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I just saved Genesis as a duf scene doing the lipsync
created a nla clip from it in Carrara and dragged it onto another Genesis character.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

1 of 2