Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Just installed 4.5 and… [nudity?] [RESOLVED]
Posted: 22 August 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1277
Joined  2008-03-30

Genesis has gone a bit wonky, on loading up there is now a muscled female in the window instead of the standard genesis figure.

I am using Win 7 x64 with Daz Studio 4.5.0.114 x64.

I un-installed 4.0.3.47 first.

Picture attached, would be grateful for any ideas that don’t involve me re-installing my runtime wink

Cheers everyone.

Image Attachments
daz_4.5_.png
 Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks like you saved a character over your default genesis - try zeroing the figure (parameters tab, go to menu, choose “zero figure”) and then when it’s back to normal genesis looks, re-save it.  *however* I haven’t started using 4.5 yet so the saving behavior may be different from what I’m used to - so - here is a grain of salt to take my advice with smile

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13559
Joined  2003-10-09

Right-click on the Parameters pane’s tab and select Zero>Zero figure morphs.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Canary3d - 22 August 2012 12:09 PM

Looks like you saved a character over your default genesis - try zeroing the figure (parameters tab, go to menu, choose “zero figure”) and then when it’s back to normal genesis looks, re-save it.  *however* I haven’t started using 4.5 yet so the saving behavior may be different from what I’m used to - so - here is a grain of salt to take my advice with smile

I haven’t saved anything over the default genesis, it was ok yesterday on 4.0.3.47 so it must be the 4.5 installer that has corrupted something, cheers tho smile

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Richard Haseltine - 22 August 2012 12:13 PM

Right-click on the Parameters pane’s tab and select Zero>Zero figure morphs.

Thanks Richard, but that doesn’t solve the problem does it, I would have to do that each and every time I run DS4.5, thanks for the input tho smile

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

Hi IanzThings smile

Perhaps *You* didn’t (or don’t recall) saving anything over anything. Perhaps, DS autosaved , or something…but what those who have tried to help explain is that for some reason… your default Genesis figure is saved to open that way and it can be fixed by following the directions given. Just be sure to save it as a scene once you have it reset and then point your Start up screen to the the new file. You can find it by clicking Edit\Preferences in the title bar and then selecting the path to the new file.

Image Attachments
help.jpg

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2007-05-14

Canary3d is correct.  This happens when, unintentionally someone saves a character preset etc…and doesn’t rename it.  Somehow Genesis has been over written in your copy.  It isn’t the installer.  smile

Do the following:
1. Un-map any content/runtime directories you may have added that don’t ship with DS.
2. Reinstall the Genesis Essentials installer.
3. Open DS and check to make sure Genesis is back to it’s default state
4. Re-map any content/runtimes directories you need/want.

DS will look in the first mapped directory so by un-mapping the other directories before reinstalling Genesis, you make sure DS is looking in the correct location for the DUF file.  smile

Hope this helps.

Kat

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
DAZ_KatBriggs - 22 August 2012 02:26 PM

Canary3d is correct.  This happens when, unintentionally someone saves a character preset etc…and doesn’t rename it.  Somehow Genesis has been over written in your copy.  It isn’t the installer.  smile

Do the following:
1. Un-map any content/runtime directories you may have added that don’t ship with DS.

DS will look in the first mapped directory so by un-mapping the other directories before reinstalling Genesis, you make sure DS is looking in the correct location for the DUF file.  smile

Hope this helps.

Kat

Thanks everyone.
@Jasmine - tried that and still get the non default genesis :(
@Kat, I only have one runtime at D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library so should I unmap that and re-install, then map it back?

Image Attachments
daz_4.5b_.png
 Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2010-09-19

just tried it, but still getting a preloaded Genesis… no, I never saved over my Genesis either - I think the problem might be corrupted morphs?

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13559
Joined  2003-10-09

Did either of you use File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-14
IanzThingz - 22 August 2012 02:54 PM
DAZ_KatBriggs - 22 August 2012 02:26 PM

Do the following:

Hope this helps.

Kat

Thanks everyone.
@Jasmine - tried that and still get the non default genesis :(
@Kat, I only have one runtime at D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library so should I unmap that and re-install, then map it back?

You should not have to un-map the default directories, no.  smile  Just reinstall and that should overwrite anything that got messed up for you.  One of my interns here in the office had the same issue yesterday.  With him, he had to uninstall DS and reinstall both files.  The one installer “should” fix it though.  As long as no other directories are mapped.  Be sure to open DS and make sure before mapping anything if you do choose to map other directories.

Kat

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Richard Haseltine - 22 August 2012 03:14 PM

Not something i’ve ever used, Richard, sorry.

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2010-09-19

OK, I’m making some progress… I’ve removed three dsf morphs and Genesis now loading as it should.

Subira Gens On
Head Inj (Subira again)
Almond Crush

(I think these were All freebie add-ons to other products)

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I just noticed this in your screen capture. The bottom right morph is loading at Half value when you start DS. I’m very sure you have other morphs that are also loading as SET to ON.

Image Attachments
Morphs.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18
Richard Haseltine - 22 August 2012 03:14 PM

I think you might be on to something. I had noticed in 4.0 that the Save Modified Assets placed the files in the main Genesis folder instead of the Author/Product folder. 4.0 didn’t seem to care about that most of the time, but it would apply those morphs to the defualt genesis if there were values applied at save though.

Even if you never used the Save Modified Assets, if there are additional files in that folder other than the default files this could be the problem.

Could it be that 4.5 see’s those files and thinks it needs to load them with a value applied?

Maybe check the Genesis folder and see if those morph files are listed there instead of in the Author/Product folders. I’m not at my DS comp right now so I don’t recall the exact path or which files should be there in the main Genesis folder.

Anyway, it’s a thought, I’m not sure if it is the root of the problem though… smile

Posted: 22 August 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-14
Jaderail - 22 August 2012 03:38 PM

I just noticed this in your screen capture. The bottom right morph is loading at Half value when you start DS. I’m very sure you have other morphs that are also loading as SET to ON.

Correct - it looks like something you installed (since you didn’t save) may have overwritten your Genesis….  The reinstall should fix it….

1 of 2