Digital Art Zone

4.5 Could not find target property
Posted: 21 August 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

The saga continues…

1.  I start up DAZ 4.5 and it loads up the standard blank Genesis model.  Everything looks fine and there are no pop ups.

But…

2.  When I check the log I get about 20 warnings that look similar to this:

Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/Richard/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
*** Scene Cleared ***
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: chest:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMTamesis/TamesisHumanNipples.dsf#TamesisHumanNipples?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMTamesis/TamesisHumanNipples.dsf

-

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: head:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMTamesis/TamesisHumanHead.dsf#TamesisHumanHead?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/surreality/MMTamesis/TamesisHumanHead.dsf

-

(There are quite a few more of the same warnings).

File loaded in 0 min 3.3 sec.
Loaded file: Genesis.duf

-

As I said, this is just the default, start-up Genesis load.
Is this normal?
Is this safe?  I’ve had nothing but troubles ever since I upgraded to 4.5.  I am now jumpy and skittish.
What should I do?

Also, is there a way to go back to 4.0 pro?

Thanks for any and all help.
Sorry to be a bother.

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14324
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m not sure where they are coming from, but I think what is happening is that there are ERC links in (presumably) the MMTamesis morph file which link to proeprties that aren’t present - that could, for example, be correction morphs for morphs you don’t have installed. As such they should be harmless - DS can’t link to the absent morph, but since it is absent the link is unneeded.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

Gotchya,

I will proceed with reckless abandon.
Thanks, as always, for your time.