Digital Art Zone

5 of 6
Stronghands freestuffs
Posted: 11 June 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2836
Joined  2010-11-30

Being the busy (and lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items… but I also know that I’ll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

And those fishnet stockings look sexy…

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 11 June 2013 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2005-04-14
stronghands07 - 11 June 2013 02:48 PM

Ok, I was looking through my freebies at ScarCG and noticed that I have a total of 13.  That’s just not acceptable!  12, or 14 would be fine, but not 13.

So, I thought about making some stocking/hosiery textures for your (and mine) gen3 characters.  Maybe MAT poses for V3, A3, and Laura.  Ideas?  Should I make whole body textures, or maybe just offer the transparency layers so you can make your own?  Any ideas are appreciated.

Anyway, here is Spring showing off a couple ideas….

Nice stocking/hosiery textures!  I’m also thinking of making stocking after the 3 pieces of footwear for A3, but I cannot decide which way to go: make it as a model or make it as a texture.  I wonder which one is the norm.

Since you decided to make it as a texture, I would like to give you my idea about that.  I think transparency layers are good.  In addition, a toes cap like the one Antonia has will be nice because it is not easy to morph Aiko 3’s toes to make them look like they are in stocking.

Posted: 11 June 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2011-04-14
amy_aimei - 11 June 2013 08:40 PM
stronghands07 - 11 June 2013 02:48 PM

Ok, I was looking through my freebies at ScarCG and noticed that I have a total of 13.  That’s just not acceptable!  12, or 14 would be fine, but not 13.

So, I thought about making some stocking/hosiery textures for your (and mine) gen3 characters.  Maybe MAT poses for V3, A3, and Laura.  Ideas?  Should I make whole body textures, or maybe just offer the transparency layers so you can make your own?  Any ideas are appreciated.

Anyway, here is Spring showing off a couple ideas….

Nice stocking/hosiery textures!  I’m also thinking of making stocking after the 3 pieces of footwear for A3, but I cannot decide which way to go: make it as a model or make it as a texture.  I wonder which one is the norm.

Since you decided to make it as a texture, I would like to give you my idea about that.  I think transparency layers are good.  In addition, a toes cap like the one Antonia has will be nice because it is not easy to morph Aiko 3’s toes to make them look like they are in stocking.

AActually, there is a sock toe morph for Aiko3.
And a stocking textures might be good because sometimes some clothes is ‘one size only’ type things, and it can be tricky, especially if one’s character is not the default shape.

Can’t wait to see what ya got next. smile

Posted: 12 June 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-10-23

Thank you all so much for the input!

robkelk - 11 June 2013 06:05 PM

Being the busy (ad lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items… but I also know that I’ll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

I’m glad you like what I have so far.  Drawing that line down the back of her leg and getting it to look halfway decent took forever.  LOL I still need to pretty that up a little….

I’m thinking I’ll do both, make MAT poses as well as include transparency layers.  So, since you love A3, I’ll ask which of my girl’s textures your prefer to use and I’ll take them into consideration.

amy_aimei - 11 June 2013 08:40 PM

Thank you Amy.  If you made some stockings I know I’d find a way to use them.  smile  I like both ways actually, models and textures, with models preferred.  It’s just when I’m using custom morphs that it’s hard to make them fit, then they don’t look right.  That’s when I switch to a texture stocking.

I also considered including a toe cap but I can’t model well, so….we’ll see.

TheCastellan - 11 June 2013 10:32 PM

And a stocking textures might be good because sometimes some clothes is ‘one size only’ type things, and it can be tricky, especially if one’s character is not the default shape.

I’ve used her sock-toe morph, and have even ‘stolen’ it and added it to a Laura .cr2 and used it with her as well, with limited success.  However, I’d like to have something that people who only have Aiko’s LE version can still use.  I may try my hand at making that toe cap…

As for what comes next…I think I’m running out of ideas for character morphs, so I may have to suck it up and learn to model.  ugh….

Either way, I appreciate everyone’s support, and I know I’ll keep finding ways to try to enhance a really great model.

Signature 

“All great ideas degenerate into work”

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 12 June 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
stronghands07 - 12 June 2013 06:33 AM
robkelk - 11 June 2013 06:05 PM

Being the busy (and lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items… but I also know that I’ll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

I’m glad you like what I have so far.  Drawing that line down the back of her leg and getting it to look halfway decent took forever.  LOL I still need to pretty that up a little….

I’m thinking I’ll do both, make MAT poses as well as include transparency layers.  So, since you love A3, I’ll ask which of my girl’s textures your prefer to use and I’ll take them into consideration.

Oh, don’t cater just to me…

When I don’t use her “straight out of the box”, I often apply Rani. Autumn is starting to show up more often, too, but you’ve already given her fishnets…

Signature 

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Posted: 12 June 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-14
TheCastellan - 11 June 2013 10:32 PM

The sock toe morph for Aiko3 cannot achieve the effect that shown in the picture I attached.  That’s why I’m thinking of having a toes cap.

stronghands07 - 12 June 2013 06:33 AM

Thank you Amy.  If you made some stockings I know I’d find a way to use them.  smile  I like both ways actually, models and textures, with models preferred.  It’s just when I’m using custom morphs that it’s hard to make them fit, then they don’t look right.  That’s when I switch to a texture stocking.

I also considered including a toe cap but I can’t model well, so….we’ll see.

Actually, I’m thinking of a hybrid solution where transparency layers will be used except for the toes; the toes cap model covers the toes with the matching transparency layers to create the effect that shown in the picture I attached.

As you said, the full stockings model has its disadvantages.  I made an experiment version (see attachment), then I realized I have to redo all my footwear to accommodate the thickness of the stockings.

Image Attachments
stockingtoes.jpgstockingstest.jpg

Posted: 13 June 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23
amy_aimei - 12 June 2013 09:00 PM

Actually, I’m thinking of a hybrid solution where transparency layers will be used except for the toes; the toes cap model covers the toes with the matching transparency layers to create the effect that shown in the picture I attached.

As you said, the full stockings model has its disadvantages.  I made an experiment version (see attachment), then I realized I have to redo all my footwear to accommodate the thickness of the stockings.

That’s what I had in mind as well, a texture combined with a toe cap, provided I can make it work.

That experimental stocking looks pretty nice Amy.  What model is that for?  As for the thickness problem, I have run into that with almost every stocking model I’ve used.  I just apply a few D-forms to make everything fit.

Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 13 June 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Ok, apparently I’m way too easily distrac….Hey look! A squirrel!....ummmmm too easily distracted.

I was playing with textures and realized that even though my girls come in several different skin tones I don’t have a character that is dark (African American?).  Well, since I pride myself on being an equal opportunity character maker I decided to try to alleviate that problem.  So, I set to work in GIMP and this is what I have arrived at so far, being modeled by Jaya for L3

I’d really appreciate some input, and if anyone wants to play with what I have so far I’m willing to put a little package together for that purpose.

Also, suggestions for names would be nice.

Image Attachments
Dark_01.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 13 June 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

No moles? No dimples? No blemishes at all?

I know some people like that effect, but I think she looks too perfect…

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-14
stronghands07 - 13 June 2013 05:52 AM

That experimental stocking looks pretty nice Amy.  What model is that for?

Thank you.  The first image is Genesis with my morph and less likely to be released because it is too specific to my morph and many adjustments need to be made.  The second image is Aiko 3.  If I can get it to work properly with Aiko 3, I will release it.

Posted: 18 June 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Excellent point Rob.  Maybe I can give her some stretch marks or something.  Of course, that’s asking me to get creative, and it doesn’t come easily to me.

Amy, I do sincerely hope you can get the A3 stocking to work properly.

I realized in a hurry that it’s very easy to make a dark skin texture too dark, so I lightened it up a little.  Heck, if I keep after this I’ll have to make another morph to match.

Image Attachments
062.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 26 June 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-14
stronghands07 - 18 June 2013 03:45 PM

Amy, I do sincerely hope you can get the A3 stocking to work properly.

While I’m working on the poke through issue of the A3 stocking, I got distracted by the new Genesis 2 Female figure.
My morph for Genesis 2 Female (WIP)...

Image Attachments
AmyAiMeiGenesis2.jpg

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Wow Amy!  You make me want to get Genesis2 just so I can use that morph.

And now we have Irresistible A3_2.  A set of six poses for A3.  Three standing and three lying down poses.  Enjoy!

Image Attachments
poses_2_promo.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 05 July 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-14

Finally, the stockings for Aiko 3 is done.  It will be nice if someone can make a better texture.

@stronghands07, you may want to try it.  I tried to minimize the number of seams.

It can be downloaded at
http://amyaimei.deviantart.com/art/Stockings-01-for-Aiko-3-or-Aiko-3LE-383253961
or
http://www.sharecg.com/v/70252/browse/11/Poser/Stockings-01-for-Aiko-3-or-Aiko-3LE

I’m working on my morph for Genesis 2 Female.  I’ll get back to Aiko 3 later.

Image Attachments
A3Stockings01.jpg

Posted: 08 July 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23
amy_aimei - 05 July 2013 10:44 PM

Finally, the stockings for Aiko 3 is done.  It will be nice if someone can make a better texture.

@stronghands07, you may want to try it.  I tried to minimize the number of seams.

I love these Amy!  I’ll try playing with textures for them too.

Here they are on another character I’m working in.  Calling her Jasmine.

Image Attachments
Jasmine_01a.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

5 of 6