Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2007-03-07

Thank you for this! She looks lovely.

Posted: 13 September 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2007-10-23

@ Lord Ganthor:  I like the four seasons thing too.  Working in Winter now, and wondering what I should do for a spring character.

@ WhiteMyst:  I understand completely.  My runtime is such a mess…..

@ amy_aimei:  Thanks Amy!  Your A3 Amy character was one of the first I ever used, and my favorite for a long time.

@ nobody1954:  You’re most welcome, and I plan on more for A3.

@ LmWolfSpirit:  You’re most welcome, and thank you.

I have A3 Winter in the works, and hope to have her ready soooooon.

Signature 

“All great ideas degenerate into work”

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2003-11-30
stronghands07 - 13 September 2012 08:39 AM

@ Lord Ganthor:  I like the four seasons thing too.  Working in Winter now, and wondering what I should do for a spring character.

Something green…

Just as a knee-jerk, gut reaction thing? Somebody who’s tall and thing with long limbs. On the petite side but not super-model emaciated. Probably light skinned with blue eyes (and short blond hair, which is, of course not your call). In short, something that exudes new, fresh, exciting and a breath of new air after a long winter.

Well, that’s my take on it anyway…

Posted: 13 September 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16782
Joined  2003-10-09

When I did my Goddess renders (ages ago now) I had Spring as young sprightly and virginal, Spring is the maiden. The first incarnation of the Goddess.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 September 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Hmmmm…both excellent ideas, and actually quite similar.  I was thinking along those lines myself, though leaning toward a redhead. 

That brings another question:  All my characters, with the exception of Autumn, and now Winter, have involved body morphs.  Does that make it too difficult for people to use, since the default clothing doesn’t then fit well?  I’m open to suggestions.

No, a couple preview renders.  There are still some funky things going on with the eyes that I need to address, but at someone’s suggestion I’m including a few different texture options.  Here is Winter, as a cool breeze, and as a dark cold wind.  Yeah, whatever.  So much for waxing poetic…......

Image Attachments
Winter_98.jpgWinter_99.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 13 September 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-30
stronghands07 - 13 September 2012 03:17 PM

Hmmmm…both excellent ideas, and actually quite similar.  I was thinking along those lines myself, though leaning toward a redhead. 

That brings another question:  All my characters, with the exception of Autumn, and now Winter, have involved body morphs.  Does that make it too difficult for people to use, since the default clothing doesn’t then fit well?  I’m open to suggestions.

No, a couple preview renders.  There are still some funky things going on with the eyes that I need to address, but at someone’s suggestion I’m including a few different texture options.  Here is Winter, as a cool breeze, and as a dark cold wind.  Yeah, whatever.  So much for waxing poetic…......

Redhead? Really? I could see that for Autumn, being fall colors and all…still, you never know until you try.

I’ve never had a problem fitting clothes to any of your characters, but I rarely use default clothing by nature. Most everything I use has all or most morphs included, so it’s not an issue for me. I guess if you do separate head and body INJ files, people could have an option as to what to use.

Nice renders, although I don’t see any weirdness going on the the eyes, but A3 has always had some strange issues with the eyes when looking to extremes to the left and right. Hiro had the worst problems with the eyes that drove me to distraction. She’s a good looking character and I’ll be interested to see any updates and the final version. I’m still pondering how I want to approach the 4 seasons render…

Posted: 17 September 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2005-04-14
stronghands07 - 13 September 2012 03:17 PM

I just remember that dyald made a d-Form set for his A3 characters.  With the d-Form set, the user can deform the default clothing to fit the character.  I think it is similar to V4’s magnetize clothing.  It may be a good idea.

Winter looks great.  I have seen Summer and Autumn.  How about Spring?

Posted: 18 September 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23
Lord Ganthor - 13 September 2012 05:06 PM

Nice renders, although I don’t see any weirdness going on the the eyes, but A3 has always had some strange issues with the eyes when looking to extremes to the left and right. Hiro had the worst problems with the eyes that drove me to distraction. She’s a good looking character and I’ll be interested to see any updates and the final version. I’m still pondering how I want to approach the 4 seasons render…

Thanks!  There are, unseen in the renders, some funky wrinkles near her temples.  I think I just about have that cleared up though.  Working now on different texture ideas.

amy_aimei - 17 September 2012 09:02 PM

I just remember that dyald made a d-Form set for his A3 characters.  With the d-Form set, the user can deform the default clothing to fit the character.  I think it is similar to V4’s magnetize clothing.  It may be a good idea.

Winter looks great.  I have seen Summer and Autumn.  How about Spring?

That’s a great idea, and something I may try.  Thanks!

Spring is still a little ways away, both on the calendar and in my runtime.  LOL I hope to get started on her soon.

If anyone noticed, in the renders above Winter is wearing Amy’s Beach Volleyball top.  She can do that easily because…..she has a breast morph just for those wonderful Amy clothes.  :D

Other news:  You will find a new/old character on ShareCG, Vixen.  If anyone remembers, she was a giveaway for entering the freebie challenge sometime back in ‘09.  She’s free to everyone now, and can be found HERE

Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2925
Joined  2010-11-30
stronghands07 - 18 September 2012 07:33 AM

Other news:  You will find a new/old character on ShareCG, Vixen.  If anyone remembers, she was a giveaway for entering the freebie challenge sometime back in ‘09.  She’s free to everyone now, and can be found HERE

Thank you!

I’ll add her to the Aiko3 freebies list…

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-30

A very weird story for you…I started sketching out some vague idea for a render anticipating Winter’s arrival. My idea of “sketching” is creating landscapes and scenes in Bryce just to see what I could do. Oddly enough, the more I worked on it the more it started to take on a “Spring” look and the winter theme took a back seat. No big deal, I’ll just hold it in reserve…but I’m still starting all over again for “Winter”. Sometimes I hate that my mind wanders like that…

Posted: 03 December 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Wow.  It’s been some time again since I was here last.  I’m still not exactly pleased with my progress on “Winter”, and I’ve kinda allowed myself to get sidetracked with an Asian headmorph.  So, perhaps I should let people see where I’m going with it and see what happens.

I don’t have a name yet, and I plan on working with the texture some more…

I’ll try to get a profile render up tomorrow.

Image Attachments
097_Asian_winter_01S.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 03 December 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-30

You should get sidetracked more often…She’s very pretty, but then, you don’t exactly have a knack for turning out ugly characters. Nice overall shape with very clean lines. I’d say she’s a winner. Just to drop a casual hint here, have you ever given any thought to expanding your line with a few other ethnic types? Okay, maybe that’s the wrong word to use here…more racial diversity? I thinking Native American Indian, Eastern Indian, people of Spanish decent…maybe even Inuit. Let’s not forget African and African American either. An while I’m at it (hey, I’m on a roll here…) have you ever given any though to characters for Hiro? A series of ethnically diverse morphs for Hiro would be a welcome addition to anyone’s collection. Just a few random thoughts…

Posted: 03 December 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2925
Joined  2010-11-30
stronghands07 - 03 December 2012 05:38 PM

Wow.  It’s been some time again since I was here last.  I’m still not exactly pleased with my progress on “Winter”, and I’ve kinda allowed myself to get sidetracked with an Asian headmorph.  So, perhaps I should let people see where I’m going with it and see what happens.

I don’t have a name yet, and I plan on working with the texture some more…

I’ll try to get a profile render up tomorrow.

Here’s a site that lists names by language, and gives their meanings: http://www.behindthename.com/

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

@ Lord Ganthor:  Thanks!  ‘Racial diversity’ is an excellent idea.  I wish I had the skills to tackle such a project.  Also, I know that the guys just don’t get a lot of attention and it’s a shame.  Perhaps I should make a few guy friends for all these girls…hhmmmm…...

@ robkelh:  Thanks for that link.  I’ll visit and see what happens. 

In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas I’m always open.  More than one of my A3 characters has been named by other people.  smile

Here’s a profile render so you can see more of the face shape.  She’s also sporting my “Amy breast” morph so that she can wear amy_aimei’s excellent creations.

I’m thinking I want to redo the eyebrow transmap, and perhaps the eyelashes as well.

Image Attachments
096_Asian_winter_01.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 24 April 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-23

Wow.  Has it really been since December of last year since I put anything here?

Two A3 characters languishing in my runtime waiting for completion, and I’m continually allowing myself to become distracted.  I’ll finish them soon.  I think all I need to do is make up my mind that they’re ok as they are.

In the meantime…is anyone interested in a character, head and body morph, with texture, for Laura?

She needs a name, and if someone will help with that I’ll get her wrapped up and ready for download.  Custom morphs.  No need for her morph pack.

Image Attachments
prev_1.jpg
 Signature 

Old post count - 1923

2 of 7