Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
4.5 is killing all of my old scenes
Posted: 21 August 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  2012-02-04

1.  I load one of my old scenes, from 4.0 pro.

2.  It looks fine.

3.  I save it using my new 4.5

4.  I open DAZ, load the file and I get this.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=5&aid=15189_bSPzN9gfiMYofGTXuHRF&thumb=1&board_id=1

There are no error pop-ups.  Though I haven’t checked the log.

-

Really, all of my old scenes are turning out like this.  Why?

Can I just go back to 4.0 pro?  I was much happier there.

Posted: 21 August 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2011-09-23

This is exactly my problem;
I have fixed the objects that were giving errors (I think) but now have a load of useless scenes.
I spent a load of time last week working on several scenes to finish later, and now i have installed 4.5 they are all unusable unless there is a way to fix them. I have tried applying the script (it does not seem to work on scenes).

The closest I have managed to a fix was to change the character back to base (grey) genesis and save that (saving as V5 or other preset characters did not work)
opening and then applying the shape and mat wanted and then saving a second time. The error message still appears but at least the character is not exploded.

Is there a better and quicker way that this?

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2011-09-23

SORRY IGNORE ABOVE
That must have been a fluke; I CANNOT rescue scenes and they remain completely f’ed up

Please someone post if and how they can be rescued in very simple language that takes someone through in very simple steps

thanks

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I’m glad I’m not alone at least.

At this point I just want to go to back to 4.0
But my Windows restore point is stuck with this clunker.

Even the initial load up of the blank Genesis character is loaded with 20 “WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula” errors

I’m afraid to use it and waste even more time on this.
Seriously, I didn’t touch the release candidate for this exact reason. 
But I have to deal with it anyways?

Posted: 21 August 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Whatever you do, do NOT system restore back to your previous DAZ.
You will be sorry.
I am VERY sorry.

I’m going to have to re-install this hot freaking mess.

-

Well, managed to rollback my rollback and am right back where I started.

If there is no fix to the original errors I really need to know how to get back to 4.0 pro.
I use genesis almost exclusively, so this current situation is not working out for me at all.
Once again my DAZ experience is left with me just wanting things the way they were.  *sigh*

Posted: 21 August 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

Sorry to hear that guys. This is why I won’t update to 4.5 until I’m done with a few projects. Even though I tested one of the 4.5 RC on a laptop and the upgrade when relatively smoothly I dont want to risk losing work in a project while I am mid way through.

Good luck in finding a solution, hopefully someone will be able to help.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 21 August 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-03-15

Hello guys.

I had the same problems before, that`s why I still working on DS3a until I finish the project.
All my old scenes were built on DS3, but seems that just complexes meshes like V4 and M4 don`t work properly.

BUT did one thing that made DS4 correct the V4 meshes once, and then I could open my scene:

1. Open a new project.
2. Load the main model (v4, m4, dragon or any other complex model that you have problem loading)
3. Load ALL the morphs for that model. On my case it were a V4 with all my 10 morphs (muscle,++, steph, aiko, old, distinctive, g4, shefreak, nbm, ngt etc)
4. Load the custom morph like the character face/body/skin (example,
5. Place the custom inj or fix if you were using any.
6. Save the project anywhere.

This save may create some files on your content/data folder that will allow you to open your scene again.

Another thing, I suggest you to create new base models to use on DS4.5, maybe it is the only chance to go from one to another without loosing everything, and always keep a copy of the older project.

I bought a lot of genesis stuff, if my characters become stable there I will begin the migration, slowly, really slowly.

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2009-06-11
Ippotamus - 21 August 2012 01:48 AM

1.  I load one of my old scenes, from 4.0 pro.

2.  It looks fine.

3.  I save it using my new 4.5

4.  I open DAZ, load the file and I get this.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=5&aid=15189_bSPzN9gfiMYofGTXuHRF&thumb=1&board_id=1

There are no error pop-ups.  Though I haven’t checked the log.

-

I’ve had that problem on a few of my old files originally saved in daz 2 and 3. So you are not alone. I’ve also had several that flat refuse to load. either kicking S4.5 out to the deaktop, and in 2 cases completely locking my windows 7 system forcing me to do a hard reset. It seams the ones causing the worst problems were those originally created and saved in the last version of Studio 2.

Posted: 23 August 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I really just can’t believe it.
You would think this could have been stated in bold letters somewhere.
It seems like a pretty major freaking issue.

I’ve installed, rolled back, uninstalled and reset so many times I think I’ve created a whole new DAZ Studio from this mess and I still can’t load any of my old scenes without exploding Genesis.

Absolutely and utterly exhausting.

I need a new hobby.  :/

Posted: 23 August 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

Ok fellowes I am sorry about your problems.

then you can believe or not, hope to try.

just save the same exprosion sean as duf again. of course it is better to save as another name.

now you have exprosion icon for duf scene.

then open it (I understand you can not believe)

but manycase it will be correct.

then save as duf again. your icon (it means short cut for duf) will be correct too.

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
kitakoredaz - 23 August 2012 03:13 AM

Ok fellowes I am sorry about your problems.

then you can believe or not, hope to try.

just save the same exprosion sean as duf again. of course it is better to save as another name.

now you have exprosion icon for duf scene.

then open it (I understand you can not believe)

but manycase it will be correct.

then save as duf again. your icon (it means short cut for duf) will be correct too.

You are amazing!

1.  I opened an old scene in 4.5 pro.

2.  I saved it.

3.  I opened it again and got the exploded Genesis effect.

4.  I saved the exploded Genesis scene again, changing the name slightly.  (Don’t know if that’s important or not, but I’m not rocking the boat at this point).

5.  I loaded the name changed scene back up and it was perfect.

I had seriously given up all hope.
Thank you so much for your answer and time.

Simply perfect smile

Posted: 23 August 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

haha^^

actually it is not important to save as another name.

but you should keep your old.daz file . if you want to return ds 4.

not need exproded genesis file of course.

so just delete exproded seanes after you get correct duf sceanes.

(I do not think every sceane you can get buck, but it is another problem..  buy!)

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-08-03

same thing is happening to me.. even if i saved it again with a different name.. because it is happening only to my genesis characters the solution to my problem is to convert triax weight to general weight.. i dont know why but it works.. im having all sorts of problems with Daz Studio 4.5.0.114 Pro Edition 64 bit which just started about a week ago.. now im having a warning about double i.d. and my categorizes which has taked me weeks to organize doesnt load

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_9.03_.28_AM_.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_9.04_.01_AM_.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_9.04_.12_AM_.png

Posted: 21 October 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9610
Joined  2007-11-06
vip808 - 21 October 2012 01:11 PM

same thing is happening to me.. even if i saved it again with a different name.. because it is happening only to my genesis characters the solution to my problem is to convert triax weight to general weight.. i dont know why but it works.. im having all sorts of problems with Daz Studio 4.5.0.114 Pro Edition 64 bit which just started about a week ago.. now im having a warning about double i.d. and my categorizes which has taked me weeks to organize doesnt load

For the exploding Genesis, did you try saving the scene as .duf, clearing the scene, loading the .duf, and then saving again?

For the duplicate IDs you need to either reset the product giving you the warnings and install the updated version, or use Richard Haseltine’s script (or ignore it—in most cases the items will still work).

For the categories, have you tried restarting the CMS?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-08-03

fixmypcmike,
thats a negative at saving as duf. still explodes., I’m not a programer and cant makes heads or tails from the log.. dont know where to find or what to do with Richard Haseltine’s script.. i know the product that’s failing is my Genesis so im reinstalling that, coiuld not find any updates on Genesis Starter Bundle so im just gonna re-download it and install it again..spent most of the day looking for a way to restart my CMS cant find the thread that i used before.. just saw the post about the Daz4 update so im gonna try that first before i sleep

Posted: 21 October 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9610
Joined  2007-11-06
vip808 - 21 October 2012 09:21 PM

fixmypcmike,
thats a negative at saving as duf. still explodes., I’m not a programer and cant makes heads or tails from the log.. dont know where to find or what to do with Richard Haseltine’s script.. i know the product that’s failing is my Genesis so im reinstalling that, coiuld not find any updates on Genesis Starter Bundle so im just gonna re-download it and install it again..spent most of the day looking for a way to restart my CMS cant find the thread that i used before.. just saw the post about the Daz4 update so im gonna try that first before i sleep

It seems to solve it to load the .duf and save it again.  The link to start the CMS is in Start menu > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

1 of 2