Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Pose Genesis Figures in Carrara
Posted: 21 August 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  487
Joined  2011-11-12

I’ve just experienced much of my smart content not appearing in Carr. To test the new genesis compatibility in Carr I made a simple scene is Studio using the Aiden morph and textures, saved as .duf, loaded in Carr. Works quite well but there was some seam tearing when rendering. I thought I’d try and recreate the same scene inside Carr, but the Aiden morph/texture folder was empty. Same goes for a lot of other “smart content”. Not sure why this is.

Signature 

My 3D/DAZ/Poser news blog - DigiSprawl

Posted: 21 August 2012 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2004-07-01
BrianP21361 - 21 August 2012 05:15 AM

Bigh,

I do use the smart content in Carrara. It’s just that none of the Mat poses for Mr. Hyde show up in the smart content. That’s why I have to manually build the shaders by finding the textures in the runtime.

just wondering do you have the last version mr hyde - I know the first one didn’t work well in DS - don’t know when you got it

Posted: 21 August 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
jimzombie - 21 August 2012 07:08 AM

I’ve just experienced much of my smart content not appearing in Carr. To test the new genesis compatibility in Carr I made a simple scene is Studio using the Aiden morph and textures, saved as .duf, loaded in Carr. Works quite well but there was some seam tearing when rendering. I thought I’d try and recreate the same scene inside Carr, but the Aiden morph/texture folder was empty. Same goes for a lot of other “smart content”. Not sure why this is.

weird - all DS stuff show up for me in c .

Posted: 21 August 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  487
Joined  2011-11-12

Does seem a little strange, but all my SAZ products are behaving badly at the moment. Studio won’t even render *le sigh*

Signature 

My 3D/DAZ/Poser news blog - DigiSprawl

Posted: 21 August 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2005-08-31

bigh,

I have the second version of Mr. Hyde. The first one wouldn’t allow the pants to load. I’ll reset my downloads to see if there’s a newer one.

I do get the same sort of behavior from Daz Supersuit. I can load the geometry and the morphs, but the Material preesets just don’t show up. Are there any free Genesis products I could try to see if it’s something with my installation?

Thanks.

Posted: 21 August 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
BrianP21361 - 21 August 2012 09:54 AM

bigh,

I have the second version of Mr. Hyde. The first one wouldn’t allow the pants to load. I’ll reset my downloads to see if there’s a newer one.

I do get the same sort of behavior from Daz Supersuit. I can load the geometry and the morphs, but the Material preesets just don’t show up. Are there any free Genesis products I could try to see if it’s something with my installation?

Thanks.

Genesis comes with a lot of stuff - try them all see what works for you
in Carrara .

2 of 2