Digital Art Zone

Question with Daz stability?  Or is it just me?
Posted: 20 August 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-06-22

Hello,

I am having issue with Daz 3D . Maybe its just still a unstable product. But I am running Daz on my Macbook pro late 2011 early 2012 model and I am having these odd issue. When I make a camera or try to build a small scene with 2 building a road and one lite post. It will crash on me. I am running intel i5 processor with 8gb ram with a 320HD my Os is Mountain Lion. I am not sure whats the deal but is this normal for it to crash so much? Or is it my settings? I am running it at 32bit.  Thank you for your help guys.

Edit: Also now when I make a camera at al it will crash on me.

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15291
Joined  2003-10-09

Saying which version of Daz Studio you are using would help anyone who can help you.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-06-22
chohole - 20 August 2012 02:28 PM

Saying which version of Daz Studio you are using would help anyone who can help you.

Ok. That would help haha. Thanks. The version I am using is 4.5 pro the lastest one.

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13639
Joined  2003-10-09

That shouldn’t be happening, and there were mac users among the testers. Are you starting from a blank scene, or from a scene saved in a previous version of DAZ Studio?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-06-22
Richard Haseltine - 20 August 2012 02:38 PM

That shouldn’t be happening, and there were mac users among the testers. Are you starting from a blank scene, or from a scene saved in a previous version of DAZ Studio?

Well since I installed it the frist time its been acting up. I am working with the basic stuff that comes with Daz. And I start from a new scene every time. And after I make a camera it will crash on me. Or if I try to put the dragon scene up or do it from scratch it will crash. I re-installed it 4 times. Is it something with my settings? I really never touched anything I just started daz up. thank you.

Posted: 21 August 2012 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-05-17
Japallanes - 20 August 2012 02:44 PM
Richard Haseltine - 20 August 2012 02:38 PM

Well since I installed it the frist time its been acting up. I am working with the basic stuff that comes with Daz. And I start from a new scene every time. And after I make a camera it will crash on me. Or if I try to put the dragon scene up or do it from scratch it will crash. I re-installed it 4 times. Is it something with my settings? I really never touched anything I just started daz up. thank you.

I’m not using Mac; but Windows7 64bit, AMD quadcore, 8Gig RAM, Nvidea Geoforce 8800 GTS; and my version of 4.5Pro constantly crashes, with a new scene and minimum content (Gen character set to V4), No lights, No cameras; but as I select different poses or sometimes just hover the cursor over a slider or tab….total crash!!!
I too have re-installed; and un-installed ALL previous versions of DS4 & DS3 & CMS…every time I attempt to use the 4.5 it crashes…without fail???!!!
I have reported it to the Bugs dept, and have tried various suggestions from them….none have worked so far..am still waiting for further response..

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

this is just caution, I wll send bug report.

If you open property editor tab with select figure in the scene,
it sometimes cause crash, and close daz studio 4.5.

in my case I open again daz 4.5 , new scene load , and change pane , it crush,
I try same thing 5 timies, then when open ds 4.5,
delselect genesis from the scene,and cahnge pane for property editor,
I can return from bug cycle..

Posted: 21 August 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2012-06-22
kitakoredaz - 21 August 2012 04:13 AM

this is just caution, I wll send bug report.

If you open property editor tab with select figure in the scene,
it sometimes cause crash, and close daz studio 4.5.

in my case I open again daz 4.5 , new scene load , and change pane , it crush,
I try same thing 5 timies, then when open ds 4.5,
delselect genesis from the scene,and cahnge pane for property editor,
I can return from bug cycle..

Yeah 4.5 isn’t just working for me anymore consistant bug crashes no matter what I do i am puting a out a bug report right now of all this problems I have. So for now i had to down grade to 4.0 I dont get any problems with that. Question tho. Did Bryce get a recent update also? Or am I doing something wrong I downloaded bryce because I wanted to create some nice terrain but every time I try to put the serial in it will crash on my mac. I think I am just going to have to use windows because this is just odd. I thought I was having memory failures and my computer was just dieing so I ran a hardware check and everything comes out green.  So just want to know if I have to get a lower version of bryce or if I am doing something wrong. Thanks guys

Edit: Since I am a new user. I would like to know. Where would i go to submit a bug? Thanks guys!

Edit: Also for the Bryce problem could it be my graphics card? I am running a Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB is it a lack of support? Thanks guys.

Posted: 21 August 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15291
Joined  2003-10-09
Japallanes - 21 August 2012 10:35 AM

Edit: Also for the Bryce problem could it be my graphics card? I am running a Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB is it a lack of support? Thanks guys.

No your Bryce problem is because, at this moment in time, Bryce will not run under OSX 7 or OSX 8. This is stated in the tech specs for Bryce   http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2012-06-22

No your Bryce problem is because, at this moment in time, Bryce will not run under OSX 7 or OSX 8. This is stated in the tech specs for Bryce   http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs

Ok thank you! That helps me out alot. Thanks!

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-02

I’m having the same problem on my Macbook pro Intel core 2 duo with 8g ram.  Every time I open the camera with different scenes and different characters.  Doesn’t matter if it’s kids 4 or Victoria 5.  Bring out the camera and it crashes… Snow leopard 10.6.8

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1054
Joined  2003-12-16

i have DS 4.5.0.114 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8

Can one of you give me the exact steps your doing to get DS to crash so I can see if this can be reproduced?

thanks!

I take no responsibility on any of you mac users trying it but this is how I roll it:

Image Attachments
Untitled-4.jpg
 Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-02

I figured out that it happened every time I have something selected at the same time as opening up a new camera.  If I deselect everything and then open up the camera it seems to work without crashing.