Digital Art Zone

1 of 9
is this a forum or a place where we all say goodbye? i’ve read the last 5 posts only things about…
Posted: 20 August 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2005-08-25

is this a forum or a place where we all say goodbye? i’ve read the last 5 posts only things about…
i leave daz..
i will leave daz…
we all leave daz…
shut eye
and that’s all because of GENESIS ? vampire

come on! LOL

What if daz can launch us “Sssoon” a software program that we never have seen before… ?
a program that would be 100 times better as we have and know today called iclone, poser or carrara, or…
a program that have mixed features of all other 3d software available (iclone,poser,carrara,blender,maya, zbrush, c4d,max,...)
some awesome character/animation/game studio .

Wouldn’t you guys like to play in such kind of program?

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(666 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08
fixme12 - 20 August 2012 12:45 PM

. . . What if daz can launch us “Sssoon” a software program that we never have seen before . . .

::tttwitch!::

Then they’ll come back — well, some of them.  Maybe even most of them.  As for no-Genesis-in Poser being the cause, there was a hint of better-than-the-current-“solution” things to come in a recent post (dang it, where’s that link — edited to add:  ah, here it is!) . . .

BTW, congrats on your first little green box!

Image Attachments
screenshot.20-08-2012_14_.56_.52_.png
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2006-06-10
fixme12 - 20 August 2012 12:45 PM

i leave daz..
i will leave daz…
we all leave daz…
:shut:
and that’s all because of GENESIS ? :vampire:

come on! :lol:

What if daz can launch us “Sssoon” a software program that we never have seen before… ?
a program that would be 100 times better as we have and know today called iclone, poser or carrara, or…
a program that have mixed features of all other 3d software available (iclone,poser,carrara,blender,maya, zbrush, c4d,max,...)
some awesome character/animation/game studio .

Wouldn’t you guys like to play in such kind of program?

I’m not leaving DAZ because of Genesis. I’m moving away because, I use Poser,  there are fewer and fewer products that are offered in the store that can be used in Poser, simple as that.

I used Daz Studio from version 1.8 right up until DS3A, which I purchased,(and not for $1.99 either, lol). It never worked on my machine, I tried all the suggestions, still didn’t work. So I pulled out an old copy of Poser 7 and started learning Poser.

I’ve been a member of DAZ for 6 years, a PC member almost that long. However,  I can no longer get new products for my chosen software here, so I have to look somewhere else.  My PC membership will expire and I’ll only buy the occasional prop that will work in the software I use. I’ve already saved A LOT of money since the change over, so I’m really not complaining, ;)

IF DAZ should come out with this magical software program I might be enticed back, but I’m really not holding my breath. Especially since you used the “s” word! ROFL

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2008-07-29

To answer your last question first, the final answer would have to remain unknown.  A program that would replace every other software for 3d on the market is going to be first, complex.  Secondly, difficult.  Any other house writing it, maybe okay, you would probably get documentation instead of being told to search youtube.  I have quite a bit of daz software already, but without documentation, there’s no sense in loading it into the computer.  9999 functions, of which 3 might be what you’d use, and no documentation to say first under which menu the desired function is hidden, or second, how it works.

I cancelled my credit card and PC after looking at my purchases over a three month period, finding the full prices were half what the membership was costing.  Or, there was so little I was buying almost nothing.

Genesis, as long as it’s incompatible with Poser, no attraction there, and documentation for DS is still printed on eludium.  Plus, every update for DS is a full download, the whole program, undocumented, and the interface won’t be the same, it’s a never ending process of learning where things are hidden this time.

I don’t even look at the advertising anymore, most of it will be for genesis, automatically of no interest for me. 

Or, sorry, but there’s little reason for me to stick with daz.

D.

Posted: 20 August 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2006-09-30

I thought everybody was leaving to protest the continually delayed Millennium Cow.

Genocide…  Bah!

Who cares about humans anyhow?

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2006-12-12

DAZ has been hinting at Genesis becoming compatable with Poser, so I think jumping ship at this point might be a little premature.

With that being said why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving?

I don’t mean to sound cold or mean but why not just leave quietly? Why must people always make a spectical of leaving?

question

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  845
Joined  2008-11-01
Sockratease - 20 August 2012 03:46 PM

I thought everybody was leaving to protest the continually delayed Millennium Cow.

Genocide…  Bah!

Who cares about humans anyhow?

LOL…

MOO! smile

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2059
Joined  2011-07-31

I’m not leaving.  Have to wait and play with that Millenium Cow.  It’s bound to come out soon.  LOL

I love DS4.5 Pro and have shed some tears over the weekend because my computer was in the shop and I couldn’t play with 4.5.  Silly I know, but I cried anyway.  Computer’s back (not like it was yet), 4.5 is downloaded.  Ready to install and will probably be up all night playing happily.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2003-10-13

I didn’t leave DAZ. DAZ left me.grin

You know, it’s just weird seeing myself listed as a “New Member” when I’ve been around since Poser 2.

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8351
Joined  2009-05-14

I am not leaving. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  845
Joined  2008-11-01
EClark1849 - 20 August 2012 04:32 PM

I didn’t leave DAZ. DAZ left me.grin

You know, it’s just weird seeing myself listed as a “New Member” when I’ve been around since Poser 2.

wink Check this out:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6089/

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2003-10-09

We should probably start a thread saying “Hey Daz… I’m staying” LOL

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07
SLoTH_XVX - 20 August 2012 04:12 PM

DAZ has been hinting at Genesis becoming compatable with Poser, so I think jumping ship at this point might be a little premature.

With that being said why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving?

I don’t mean to sound cold or mean but why not just leave quietly? Why must people always make a spectical of leaving?

question

Because people are feeling hurt/upset/abandoned/... and wish to share their feelings. Companies should value customer feedback in any form. There are clearly many people within the former DAZ community who are not happy and wish DAZ to know about it and perhaps also find others who feel the same way.

I find it quite acceptable that people announce why they love DAZ and for others to say why they’re leaving.

Me, I’m on the fence for the time being.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

I say DAZ should apologize for inventing a new Mesh that can be almost any shape that a modeler wishes it to be. Can use multiple UV maps and textures right out of the box. Can use 90% or more of the old Gen3 and Gen4 figures clothing items without trouble. And then they make the new mesh figure so easy to build clothing for that Artist can develop items so much easier and faster than ever before that they prefer the new figure over all the work needed to make the same item for the older figures. Just Who does DAZ think it is?

I mean really. Blah… nuff said.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2004-05-21
Jaderail - 20 August 2012 05:23 PM

I say DAZ should apologize for inventing a new Mesh that can be almost any shape that a modeler wishes it to be. Can use multiple UV maps and textures right out of the box. Can use 90% or more of the old Gen3 and Gen4 figures clothing items without trouble. And then they make the new mesh figure so easy to build clothing for that Artist can develop items so much easier and faster than ever before that they prefer the new figure over all the work needed to make the same item for the older figures. Just Who does DAZ think it is?

I mean really. Blah… nuff said.

That is a bit cheeky of them isn’t it? <insert appropriate smiley here>

[Hmmm, maybe I need to go over to Rendo and tell them I’m leaving because they sell too many scanty outfits for V4 - that’ll learn them. <insert appropriate smiley here>

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2007-08-25

It happens a lot, typically if people are unsatisfied or have a complaint, that’s a motivation to post. I always look at it the same way I look at the news: if it’s common, it’s not news, and there’s no reason to mention it. Maybe 20 people decide to leave Daz for now, for various reasons: Genesis not being in Poser, forum / store snafu’s during the change over, the delay of the TriAx Bovine with Moo-per suit.. could be anything. For every post leaving, though, there’s tons of people staying on. They just really don’t have much of a reason to post, just to say “Hey, I’m still here.”
Myself, I’m actually working on converting all my older V3 and V4 clothes, hair, and such over to Genesis, making my earlier models into TriAx models instead, and changing stuff over to the new .duf format. Until 4.0, I used Studio now and then when I needed a quick render, it was a toy to me. With the advances, I decided to sacrifice the hair room and dynamic clothing from poser, and switch over to D|S as my primary program of choice instead. I love the Genesis figure, and the fact that I can just use one androgynous figure for any type of character I want. I’d be completely in love with D|S if it had strand based hair and .obj based dynamic clothing w/ gravity/wind etc.. But I figure things like that will come along some day.
Leaving threads don’t worry me much. If Daz wasn’t killed off by the forum/PC/store errors that recently passed, then it’s a pretty good sign it’s going to be around for a long haul from here. Pretty much, the worst is over.. Now it’s fun time.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

1 of 9