New isn’t better, just new.

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1368
Joined  2010-03-25
ManStan - 22 August 2012 09:08 PM

New isn’t better, just new.

I didn’t buy my NEW system because i wanted to use it just for daz & poser. thought that was a consideration
I had to have NEW system because of the work i do.  I needed to upgrade my Adobe Creative Suite from cs3 to cs5.5 I am Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator certified, and work for High country online LLc.

CS5.5 would not run on a xp especially using Photoshop extended 3D with my old graphic card. so it was necessary for me to have a new system.
so sometimes new is better & necessary.

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 22 August 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24
ManStan - 22 August 2012 07:02 PM

Why would you have to move up to windows 8? I know people that still use XP.

You don’t always have a choice - sometimes you use apps that require certain OS to work.  I’d love to stay with XP, but am in the process of switching to Win7 because of a program that isn’t going to install on XP anymore :(

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14285
Joined  2003-10-09
ropeman - 22 August 2012 07:37 PM

Btw Richard, can I get my posting user name changed?

Send me a PM with the name you want, and a couple of variants or alternatives in case the first choice is taken.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 August 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09
ManStan - 22 August 2012 07:02 PM

Why would you have to move up to windows 8? I know people that still use XP.

I know people who still use telephones with a dial. :-o

I know people who still get their music from needles wiggling in plastic grooves! :-o

XP was a great system for a time.  But the operative word here is “was”.  The world has moved on and is producing different shaped pegs that no longer fit in a round hole.

I admit that I loved XP and still have three XP machines (HomePremium or Pro).    However, the XP machines are just too $#@!%##$ slow!  Memory size, CPU cores, CPU speed, bus speed, and modern software requirements all conspire to relegate my XP machines to the “off” state most of the time.

Everybody here in these forums (well at least the old timers) know I bitch about everything.  But has anybody ever heard me bitch about Windows7?  I absolutely love Windows7 and have three Win7 machines, (primary Win7-Pro; secondary Win7-HomePremium; laptop Win7-HomePremium).  All very very stable.  Yeah, the interface changed but the new arrangement (after you get used to it) seems to make more sense.  I haven’t tried Windows8 yet but based on what I’ve read about it I will probably bitch a little, at first, about the changes in the interface yet again but I believe that basicly, under the hood, it’s still Windows7.

That being said… I plan on buying at least one extra copy of Windows7-Pro OEM to keep on-hand for any future machine that I might buy just in case Win8 turns out to be a real dog.

I even sort of liked WinVista but we all now realize that Vista was simply a Beta test of Windows7 that we all forked out $$$ to Microsoft to let us debug their software for them for three years. :(  Thank god DAZ doesn’t do that anymore! (*Snicker*).

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 23 August 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Yes, that seems to be the philosophy “if it’s new it has to be better” which just isn’t true. Many times it simply “new and improved” ink in the printing on the box. A new Emachine from walmart isn’t going to be better then this old acer. I could buy an older comp with an i7 and 16gig, it wouldn’t be new, but it would be better then this old acer.

As I said, new just means new, it doesn’t mean better.

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2006-09-14

I am sorry my tongue-in-cheek nature of my comment was missed.

Signature 

My life and times: http://bryonlape.com/

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09
ropeman - 23 August 2012 10:16 AM

It sometimes depends on which cheeks the tongue is between! :-o

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

Whoa… mental imagery overload… LOL

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2003-12-07

lol well I originally followed this topic Bye Bye Daz because of one of the mods chiming in, but, the topic of OS is ok.
I mean on PC computers Win 3.1 was a pretty good system compared to DOS because I got to use my mouse and games
were starting to use that tech alot more, but, then MS upgraded to windows 95 and it was way better because plug in play was developed.
and Windows 98 was even better then that…....    But…....After that is when things kinda went baddddd. I never touched Vista, Me or 2000,
in my opinion they all sucked based on testing I’ve done on stand-by systems. (I never seem to run my needed programs on those testing systems) I liked XP but it was a hard sell after all those “mistakes” MS made. And, Finally, Windows 7….. Lets just say I am really happy with how it works. Now I may have missed the early flaws it had but thats due to my experience in waiting for it to become stable (I wait to buy a computer with a newer OS and I stay away from the flaws of a new OS wink )

Posted: 23 August 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2005-01-15
DAZ_bfurner - 20 August 2012 02:33 PM
sunfirexed - 20 August 2012 11:53 AM

Since Daz has moved all hysterically to Genesis I’m afraid the site have nothing to offer for me. So I will not renew my membership like many others. I have been a member for many years and really love V3-V4 and poser stuff, the platinum club stuff has decreased dramatically and not releasing props like they used to do.And I’m not a DS person. This is so sad, cause I enjoy this store. Good luck!
Victor

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can’t give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

Like the German clock maker said to the broken clock:  “Vee have vays to make you toc!”

Signature 

State of residence:  Confusion (as in State of…)
State motto:  “A great place to live, we think, but not really sure.”
State bird:  Cuckoo. (only because the Dodo is extinct) 
State Flower: A rose cause it smells nice or poison ivy because no other state has that as a state flower.

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06
Mattymanx - 20 August 2012 04:34 PM
Sockratease - 20 August 2012 03:41 PM
DAZ_bfurner - 20 August 2012 03:28 PM
Isikol - 20 August 2012 03:15 PM

What on earth did you just said my good Admin? :O !????!

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but you will have to read into my post above. Sorry many more details will be coming…

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

The Millennium Cow at last!!!

YAY!

Millenium Cube version 5!

...I’ll still be using the Mil4 Cube Iconic Body Shape with GenX for now as it allows me to use all the Elite Gen4 Cube morphs and characters currently in my runtime. 

...I also heard rumour of a Weight Mapped Mil4 Cube for PP2012.smile

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09

any updates on genesis in poser working yet?

(BTW I love my mac.)

Posted: 24 August 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11
LeatherGryphon - 23 August 2012 12:36 PM
ropeman - 23 August 2012 10:16 AM

It sometimes depends on which cheeks the tongue is between! :-o

Hahaha… you naughty thing you!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 24 August 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4911
Joined  2009-02-26

wow this thread has evolved into something different entirely! lol

Signature