Digital Art Zone

31 of 38
Bye Bye Daz3d
Posted: 10 October 2012 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
T Jaiman - 07 October 2012 08:20 PM

Ideally, in normal times. But economic times were weighing on the market. The thing holding skeptic potential customers back was the ridiculous shoulders in clothes, and the goofy bodies in nudie pix. There were fixes, but they were somewhat pose-specific at that time.
Suddenly, a mess of very capable Generation 4 shoulder, hip, and leg morphs appeared.

And people like me have them because we luvz our V4 and want her to be purrr-fect.  grin  Yes, this can be achieved via the V4 morph for Genesis but that doesn’t do well in DS3A.

For Daz’s irregular course, I’d love to watch the inevitable factions go at it in the meetings.

*snicker* ... Fly on the wall much ... LOL

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different tongue wink

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Kludge - 10 October 2012 04:22 AM
KageRyu - 10 October 2012 03:28 AM

Doesn’t make sense to me that so many keep saying the OP said he was leaving the hobby when that’s not what was said in the OP.  The OP said he was leaving Daz because it is predominentyl Genesis now, the PC has less and less he finds useful, and he is not a DS user.  That’s world’s different than leaving the hobby.

Hmmm ... Going back, you’re right.  Not sure how I got the idea he was leaving the hobby.  Or was it someone else that started that line of thought?  Dunno now.  Apologies to all for that blorf on my part.

After I mentioned that CD_2012 quit the hobby, someone got mixed up.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6089/P225/#110149

More detail:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2981/P15/#43516
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/97/P45/#7746
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/97/P15/#2016

Sounds like he’d already lost interest in rendering, and was displeased with the new forum software.

Kludge - 10 October 2012 05:04 AM
T Jaiman - 07 October 2012 08:20 PM

Ideally, in normal times. But economic times were weighing on the market. The thing holding skeptic potential customers back was the ridiculous shoulders in clothes, and the goofy bodies in nudie pix. There were fixes, but they were somewhat pose-specific at that time.
Suddenly, a mess of very capable Generation 4 shoulder, hip, and leg morphs appeared.

And people like me have them because we luvz our V4 and want her to be purrr-fect.  grin  Yes, this can be achieved via the V4 morph for Genesis but that doesn’t do well in DS3A.

Yeah, I could see how it could be a problem in there. smile

I wish those had come out sooner, but it was remarkable that they happened when they did.

I’ve got some wishlisted, in case DS3A runs on my next machine, and I find some reason to run it.

For Daz’s irregular course, I’d love to watch the inevitable factions go at it in the meetings.

Only in my dreams. smile

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-05-31

Some of the reasons Cd_2012 left the hobby had little to do with Daz, Genesis, the forums, or the new site - though those may have contributed to already growing frustration.  I recall a few threads he had posted in the old forums that were later deleted where he discussed events that were more likely the cause of his loss of interest in the hobby (or significant contributors to it to say the least).  The current chain of events and changes to ShareCG likely also added to his growing Discontent…but I can only speculate as I am not he.

From what I do know of events, his reasons were anything but childish or selfish, and though I am sad he will no longer be making freebies or rendering in the various contests, I do understand why he would have left the hobby.

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-02-17
RKane_1 - 10 October 2012 02:55 PM

Nevermind…

Have a nice day!

smile

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-05-31

As I have said, it is the DS users that continue to be demeaning, trying to oversimplify the issue, and keep the app wars going and feeding the growing rift in the community.  It has been said many times by many people that they are not leaving because of 1 single product - but that’s what some always try to turn it into.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-02-17
RKane_1 - 10 October 2012 02:55 PM

Nevermind…

Have a nice day!

smile

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-05-31

Or I could point to and list the thousands of DS only products?
Oh wait, I am sure you are already familiar with them - you just want to keep agrivating the situation with misinformed statements.

Tell you what, when one of the Brockerages that YOU buy content at, that not only has ALWAYS supported your software since it’s inception, but was BUILT on that software and it’s users suddenly STOPS and floods the market with incompatible software and the forum users post inacurate and downright insulting comments when you mention it, maybe you will understand - until then why do you feel the need just to try and escalate an already tense situation and create more bad blood when the premise of both of your posts were not the premise of the thread in the first place?

Especially given most of your coments ONLY hold true with either Legacy products made before DS3A even, or products made by Published Artists or Daz itself to try to keep the poser users who are disatisfied with current events and fleeing - which there is no shortage of DS only content being released DAILY.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29
KageRyu - 10 October 2012 12:32 PM

As I have said, it is the DS users that continue to be demeaning, trying to oversimplify the issue, and keep the app wars going and feeding the growing rift in the community.  It has been said many times by many people that they are not leaving because of 1 single product - but that’s what some always try to turn it into.

I must respectfully disagree with you. In my experience, I have seen whole threads regarding completely different topics hijacked by people who want to do nothing more than complain about the lack of V4 and M4 product. I have seen three posts at minimum hijacked by one particular person who complained and then others chimed in with “Here, here.”

As far as I see, DAZ is still supporting the V4 and M4 product as well as Genesis. Are they backing Genesis more right now? Absolutely. It is their new product and many of us have embraced it. I have but I don’t belittle other for choosing V4 or M4 as those are great products out there.  Would I love to see more multi-figure clothes products? Absolutely, but from what I understand, it is easier to make clothing for Genesis. I also understand there are ample sites such as Renderosity and RuntimeDNA who still fully support these figures. Also if you look at the number of outfits available for V4 and M4 here at DAZ, then Genesis frankly has a lot of catching up to do.

If there is a thread stating the topic is about Genesis and how much someone loves it or the new renders they made with it, then please do not hijack the thread. That is extremely rude.

If you want to leave DAZ, please do so. I have a feeling you will be back soon enough with the news of Genesis for Poser being a possibility on the horizon….. (notice I did not use the word…“soon”) smile

As for what the original poster said, I think it horrible that people have skewed what they said, but even worse is the original posters threat of blowing up a school bus full of kittens unless DAZ immediately makes a Millenium cow…. oh wait… was that this thread?

smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09

Please can we stay away from the DAZ Studio V Poser or DS users v Poser users type discussions. Thankyou.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Nevermind…

Have a nice day!

smile

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

Anyone else laughing at this point. It’s the longest Bye Bye Daz3d ever. Probably.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

So…

Anyway.

Hows things goin’, Chohole?

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
T Jaiman - 10 October 2012 10:21 AM
Kludge - 10 October 2012 04:22 AM

Hmmm ... Going back, you’re right.  Not sure how I got the idea he was leaving the hobby.  Or was it someone else that started that line of thought?  Dunno now.  Apologies to all for that blorf on my part.

After I mentioned that CD_2012 quit the hobby, someone got mixed up.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6089/P225/#110149

Ahhh, that’s where the mix up happened.  This explains many, many things.

Kludge - 10 October 2012 05:04 AM

Yeah, I could see how it could be a problem in there. smile
I wish those had come out sooner, but it was remarkable that they happened when they did.

I’m using Ironman13’s stuff which makes a major difference plus it works well as an integrated system.  There are other choices, just I13’s were the ones I got first.

I’ve got some wishlisted, in case DS3A runs on my next machine, and I find some reason to run it.

Hmmm ... I’ve got a rather undernourished 32 bit system (by today’s standards) and even DS4.5 works.  A bit slow but it works.  However I pointed out in another post, that may be just dumb luck.

Only in my dreams. smile

I remember a few meetings like that when I was still more or less gainfully employed.  Things got a little heated sometimes to the point that we were heard on other floors.

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different tongue wink

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

I like turtles!

:D

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2011-09-04

Back to ur sides… take a deep breath, and come back to the center… cheese

Signature 

Sometimes we can be our own worst critics.
My DA Page | My YouTube Channel

31 of 38