23 of 38
Bye Bye Daz3d
Posted: 01 October 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-08-11
T Jaiman - 01 October 2012 04:29 AM

. . .
Hey, while you’re here, would you like to see a weightmapped cow?
. . .

blank stare  That just sounds painful.

Does PITA know about this? 

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 01 October 2012 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Cyn Art - 01 October 2012 05:07 AM

. . .
. . .

LOL

No, no, not at all, I saw them weightmap one, it just kept eating its feed. It’d just look at them once in a while.

The weightmap paint is non-toxic, and it wipes right off.

We take the greatest care, to ensure our cows do not experience any discomfort. We cooperate with government regulators. And we invite PITA, and any other recognized animal rights groups, to visit and monitor our practices.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 01 October 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  2004-11-07

Maybe I have been here too long, but I don’t buy anything DAZ tells me about the possible future of any app. If DAZ actually followed through we would have optitex dynamic clothing in carrara and a dynamic clothing creation app. DAZ may want to port genesis and the genesis system over to other apps to broaden it’s customer base, but like the pie in the sky dynamic clothing creator, I don’t see it happening. DAZ is having issues enough getting genesis to work in it’s own apps.

Posted: 01 October 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2003-10-09
T Jaiman - 01 October 2012 05:49 AM

. . .
. . .

LOL

No, no, not at all, I saw them weightmap one, it just kept eating its feed. It’d just look at them once in a while.

We take the greatest care, to ensure our cows do not experience any discomfort. We cooperate with government regulators. And we invite PITA, and any other recognized animal rights groups, to visit and monitor our practices.

PITA ??  Don’t you mean PETA?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals

PITA is just a “Pain In The Axx”.

Well…, perhaps you were right!

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 01 October 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
LeatherGryphon - 01 October 2012 07:30 AM

. . .
. . .

LOL

No, no, no… PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 October 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18
Kendall Sears - 01 October 2012 08:51 AM

Kendall

Nice smile

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 02 October 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-08-11

. . .
. . .

LOL

Kendall

LoLoL LOL 

And thus another brain fart.  cool grin~
I looked at that last night and thought, “I never noticed how People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals also can translate into a Pain In The Arse.”  - and hit reply anyway.  LOL

raspberry   But in my defense of being a true-born omnivore, I don’t devour any one that I know personally.  (Or that have weightmapping paint on them.  I’ve heard it’s nasty.)

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 02 October 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12498
Joined  2007-11-06
ManStan - 01 October 2012 06:54 AM

Maybe I have been here too long, but I don’t buy anything DAZ tells me about the possible future of any app. If DAZ actually followed through we would have optitex dynamic clothing in carrara and a dynamic clothing creation app. DAZ may want to port genesis and the genesis system over to other apps to broaden it’s customer base, but like the pie in the sky dynamic clothing creator, I don’t see it happening. DAZ is having issues enough getting genesis to work in it’s own apps.

...if Daz ever followed through on their promises, S3A would be a stable application instead of the broken one many of us paid our hard earned zlotys for.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Cyn Art - 02 October 2012 12:20 AM

. . .
. . .

LOL

Kendall

LoLoL LOL 

And thus another brain fart.  cool grin~
I looked at that last night and thought, “I never noticed how People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals also can translate into a Pain In The Arse.”  - and hit reply anyway.  LOL

Well, I’ll be…

Huh.

I always thought it was “Ithical”, or something. I just tossed the literature.

That cute little bleached snob, they sent out, would always say things like “Don’t you want to be ithickaaaaal?”
“Don’t you think ahnimuuuulls should be treated by thah same ithical standards as pepuuuuhl?
(I told her we weightpaint people too, but she just kept on going).

When I asked her why she was… y’know, what she doing out there, she said she was from “Pepuuuuhl for the Ithical Treatment of Ahnimuuuulls”.
Looking back, I did figure out that last one was about our animals, and the first one was people.
But it never occurred to me that she was talking about ethics.

Well, if she comes back again, maybe I’ll be able to figure out what the hell she’s talking about.

raspberry   But in my defense of being a true-born omnivore, I don’t devour any one that I know personally.

Well, no. I don’t think anyone…

Wait, what?

(Or that have weightmapping paint on them.  I’ve heard it’s nasty.)

Well, no, yeah, I don’t know about the taste.

I can’t say about other weightmapping places, but we never sell our cattle to slaughterhouses. A rancher takes them.

But the paint is water soluble, so there shouldn’t be any traces left, anyway.

I don’t know about the taste. It hasn’t been approved for human consumption, so we can’t do taste tests.

But one of the human models might’ve tasted it by accident, so maybe that’s what you heard about.

I’d ask this one model, who’s there, right now. But she just quit talking to me, after I accident*cough*accidentally walked in on a painting session.

Most people are surprised, you know, it takes a few days to finish a weightmapping job, it has to dry before they apply the next layer.

But no, wait, oh, you know what? You don’t have to worry about the taste anyway. The paint is on the outside…

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

As human being become more civilized they tend to develop ethics.  First they believe that it’s not right to mistreat the privileged class.  Then that expands to the middle class, then all sorts of social organizations and government support arises to make sure the poor are not abused.  That eventually overflows into the animal world through the intelligent critters then down the line through pet critters, draft and meat critters, then lower mammals, to birds, reptiles and amphibians, I think we’re about at the stage where lobsters and other arachnids are due for protection (don’t touch that spider web!!).  I’m waiting for the day that insects (biting or otherwise) have a “bill of rights”.  Of course it won’t stop there.  Plants themselves being living creatures too, will eventually be deemed worthy of protection and declared off-limits for salads.

Somewhere in there, someone better wake up and realize what’s wrong with this picture or we’ll be munching granite cookies! 8-o

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2003-10-09

Somewhere in there, someone better wake up and realize what’s wrong with this picture or we’ll be munching granite cookies! 8-o

And respecting all life is bad how exactly? I’m not saying we should go out of our way to protect malaria-carrying mosquitoes, but what you’re saying comes across (at least to me) like the words of someone who doesn’t exactly consider the environment and animal rights to be important priorities.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I said nothing about it being bad other than the tongue-in-cheek idea of forbidding plants in salad and eating granite cookies.

I do hope you realize that if we don’t eat some other form of life we will stop being a form of life?  Well, I guess we could eat bacteria burgers.  Or we could all eat jello.  No, wait…, jello is made from cattle bones.  8-o

Nope, it’s down to water and granite cookies.

And for the record I feel very much that the environment is very important and we shouldn’t abuse animals but the devil is in the details.  Just what is the definition of “abuse”.

Here I quit because this could get very political.

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
SnowSultan - 02 October 2012 04:01 PM

And respecting all life is bad how exactly? I’m not saying we should go out of our way to protect malaria-carrying mosquitoes, but what you’re saying comes across (at least to me) like the words of someone who doesn’t exactly consider the environment and animal rights to be important priorities.

Oh, I respect them aminals.  The more tasty the more respect they get!  grin  It’s the height of arrogance for anyone to think that human beings can affect this planet in any long term way.  Even if we wipe all “higher lifeforms” from the surface of the planet, in a matter of a few millenia the planet will replace us all and then forget we were ever here.

As far as ethics… us humans get “civilized” then we appoint the most “ethically bankrupt” of our lot to act as our leaders.  We’re neither ethical nor intelligent.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 October 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-03-29
DAZ_bfurner - 20 August 2012 02:33 PM
sunfirexed - 20 August 2012 11:53 AM

Since Daz has moved all hysterically to Genesis I’m afraid the site have nothing to offer for me. So I will not renew my membership like many others. I have been a member for many years and really love V3-V4 and poser stuff, the platinum club stuff has decreased dramatically and not releasing props like they used to do.And I’m not a DS person. This is so sad, cause I enjoy this store. Good luck!
Victor

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can’t give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

I was hanging in there anyway, so I’m already very pleasantly surprised!

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin’d from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”
– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  938
Joined  2006-06-12
ManStan - 01 October 2012 06:54 AM

Stan

Actually, I’m pretty surprised we don’t have our own Dynamic clothing specifically for Carrara.
We have our own hair and I have been using it to great effect.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

23 of 38