Digital Art Zone

20 of 38
Bye Bye Daz3d
Posted: 24 September 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Also, older weight-mapping that was available in Carrara, wasn’t as advanced as TriAx, and the latest Poser.

How compatible is this Poser’s weightmapping, by the way? How does Triax compare to the older versions of Carrara (before 8.5 beta)?

Studio and SM are late to the weightmapping game, of course.

Edit: removed a bit of misinformation, quoted in replies below. Edit: a couple of nitpicks.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 24 September 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2004-12-14
T Jaiman - 24 September 2012 12:12 PM

Also, older weight-mapping that was available in Poser, and Carrara, wasn’t as advanced as TriAx, and the latest Poser.

How compatible is this Poser’s weightmapping, by the way? How does it compare to the older versions of Carrara?

Daz and SM are late to the weightmapping game, of course.

Earlier versions of Poser didn’t have weight-mapping.  They moved from spherical fall-off zones to capsule fall-off zones in Poser 8/2010.  The only figure I am aware of that took advantage of it was Miki 3. 

I can’t really talk about weight-mapping in Cararra - although I did see some images of Anastasia (Alyson 2) in Cararra 8, so somebody figured out how to do it.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 24 September 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
ssgbryan - 24 September 2012 01:14 PM

Also, older weight-mapping that was available in Poser, and Carrara, wasn’t as advanced as TriAx, and the latest Poser.

Earlier versions of Poser didn’t have weight-mapping.

Thanks for the (unquoted) answers, ssgbryan.

I was thinking about weightmapping that some (person or people) had once said to be available via scripting. IIRC, there was talk about users who did, or hypothetically could have used it. I figured someone might bring it up, so I was trying to cover the bases. Didn’t occur to me how it would probably be read, heh.

Edit: Oh crap! I forgot. I didn’t miss the intro sale of Miki4. But the Tyler info link now goes to featured content.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 24 September 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13679
Joined  2003-10-09
T Jaiman - 24 September 2012 01:32 PM

I was thinking about weightmapping that some (person or people) had once said to be available via scripting. IIRC, there was talk about users who did, or hypothetically could have used it. I figured someone might bring it up, so I was trying to cover the bases. Didn’t occur to me how it would probably be read, heh.

Edit: Oh crap! I forgot. I didn’t miss the intro sale of Miki4. But the Tyler info link now goes to featured content.

Both Poser and DAZ Studio had script functions to return a list of weights for a bone,and that was (wrongly) interpreted as meaning they used weight mapping. Joint bending requires a set of weights to be generated, controlling how each point is affected by the bend, but in older versions of Poser and DS this was done from the position of the falloff angles and otpional spheres/capsules(P8). With weight mapping a vertex can have any weight, regardless of where it is on the mesh and without having to enclose it in pre-defined shapes.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 September 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14

Miki4 & Tyler will be available tomorrow morning California time.  - Have your Poser 9/2012 Serial Number ready.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
ssgbryan - 24 September 2012 02:01 PM

Miki4 & Tyler will be available tomorrow morning California time.  - Have your Poser 9/2012 Serial Number ready.

Thanks!

Richard Haseltine - 24 September 2012 02:01 PM

Both Poser and DAZ Studio had script functions to return a list of weights for a bone,and that was (wrongly) interpreted as meaning they used weight mapping. Joint bending requires a set of weights to be generated, controlling how each point is affected by the bend, but in older versions of Poser and DS this was done from the position of the falloff angles and otpional spheres/capsules(P8). With weight mapping a vertex can have any weight, regardless of where it is on the mesh and without having to enclose it in pre-defined shapes.

I stand corrected, and enlightened. Thanks Richard.

Corrected my 1st post about it, to clean up the question. (It’s quoted, so there’s no problem of the dialog getting fractured).

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25
Kyoto Kid - 24 September 2012 12:15 AM

Here’s the basic specs of the new system:

MB: ASUS P6T
CPU: Intel i7 920 at 2.66gHz with an 8MB cache. with CoolerMaster CPU cooler.
Memory:  12GB DDR3 1333mHz
GPU: nVidia GTX460, 1GB GDDR5
HDD:  1 250GB 7,200 RPM + 1 TB 720RPM
Optical Drive: x24 DVD RW
PSU: Corsair 750W
Case, Antec P193 with 5 fans: 2 - 120mm top, 1 - 120mm front, 1 - 120 mm back 1 200mm side.
Firewall: Norton IS 2012/13. (love it or hate it, it’s kept my notebook totally clean for the last couple years)

i guess your problem is norton or some other software that’s running in the backdoor, or a virus on it?
norton don’t find most of the time the real viruses. I used it years ago untill i found out, that it just doesn’t stop harder viruses.
go for avast (not the free version), it scans your pc before windows runs.
use the norton removal tool, else you never get norton crap from your system.
your system is fast enough to run Ds4 and do some basic things.
Ds4.5 runs fine even on a dualcore pc.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01
larsmidnatt - 24 September 2012 05:47 AM

blondie9999, thanks for putting all that together. It was a really good write up without the sales pitch.

haha@ sales pitch! I know it must sound that way when I’m talking about all this stuff…lol smile Just so everyone knows, I don’t get a commission or anything… I’m just an enthusiastic fan…haha smile

But, serisously…

Thanks, blondie9999!!! I learned a lot about what it is that makes me love Genesis so much! smile

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
fixme12 - 24 September 2012 03:43 PM

Here’s the basic specs of the new system:[snip]

i guess your problem is norton or some other software that’s running in the backdoor, or a virus on it?
[snip]

Yeah, Norton could get in the way of something. A malware should affect other apps, as a rule (but it’s possible).

I don’t know the specs of his old notebook, but he suspects the graphics chip’s ye-olde driver, that they haven’t updated in forever.

Offhand, I think I might’ve read, somewhere, that he’s run it on his new system, but don’t take my word for it. He’s still setting up.the new one.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10767
Joined  2007-11-06
fixme12 - 24 September 2012 03:43 PM

Here’s the basic specs of the new system:

MB: ASUS P6T
CPU: Intel i7 920 at 2.66gHz with an 8MB cache. with CoolerMaster CPU cooler.
Memory:  12GB DDR3 1333mHz
GPU: nVidia GTX460, 1GB GDDR5
HDD:  1 250GB 7,200 RPM + 1 TB 720RPM
Optical Drive: x24 DVD RW
PSU: Corsair 750W
Case, Antec P193 with 5 fans: 2 - 120mm top, 1 - 120mm front, 1 - 120 mm back 1 200mm side.
Firewall: Norton IS 2012/13. (love it or hate it, it’s kept my notebook totally clean for the last couple years)

norton don’t find most of the time the real viruses. I used it years ago untill i found out, that it just doesn’t stop harder viruses.
go for avast (not the free version), it scans your pc before windows runs.
use the norton removal tool, else you never get norton crap from your system.
your system is fast enough to run Ds4 and do some basic things.
Ds4.5 runs fine even on a dualcore pc.

...again the workstation is not totally up and running yet as I am about to start building the runtimes (which wlll take about a month) . Until then, I am still working on the 32 bit notebook.  Norton works for me, my notebook is totally clean. I don’t have an IT staff at home to deal with continually manually updating freeware AV utilities.

Years ago, Norton AV and IS had issues, They no longer do. I had more infection issues with MacAfee which I dumped when I installed the new HDD.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 25 September 2012 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14

Miki4 & Tyler are now available - Free until 1 Oct for owners of Poser9/2012. Must have SR3 installed.

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Genesis is a figure, DS4 is a system. The reason genesis doesn’t work in poser is because poser doesn’t have the system for handling the genesis figure. Genesis in and of it’s self is simply a weight mapped figure. Nothing more.

Posted: 25 September 2012 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3317
Joined  2009-08-05

Deleted.. I’m not going to anger myself with these ignorant posts…

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 September 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1574
Joined  2008-11-10
ManStan - 25 September 2012 05:52 AM

Genesis is a figure, DS4 is a system. The reason genesis doesn’t work in poser is because poser doesn’t have the system for handling the genesis figure. Genesis in and of it’s self is simply a weight mapped figure. Nothing more.

Wrong again. Genesis is a system for creating characters.

You probably need to do more research into this so people don’t keep putting “incorrect”, “not true” in response to your posts wink.

Posted: 25 September 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
ssgbryan - 25 September 2012 01:59 AM

Miki4 & Tyler are now available - Free until 1 Oct for owners of Poser9/2012. Must have SR3 installed.

Thanks for the HU. Got ‘em, and picked up her clothing bundle while it was on sale.

Edit: You beat their email by a few hours.

I shouldn’t have doubted, heh.

Getting a freebie at CP probably gets you the emails, but in case anyone, here, hasn’t seen it….

Image Attachments
Poser_sold_again_-c.jpg
 Signature 

20 of 38