Digital Art Zone

15 of 38
Bye Bye Daz3d
Posted: 22 September 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2006-10-07

WOW this thread has gotten way off track! It started out with a very vague hint from a site admin that Genesis might be poser friendly soon, and then disappears to later post only one more time about Genesis working in Maya. Doesn’t anyone other than me find that just a LITTLE strange?  You would think if this were true that the individual in question would have posted here more giving updates. Unless of course he spoke out of turn. Now this thread is falling into that same old song and dance that happens whenever Genesis is brought up. Does it really matter which program is better? People like Poser for some of the same reasons that people like DS3, 4 and 4.5. Do I have both programs? yes I do. Which one do I use? Does it really matter? Do I think that Genesis will be poser friendly? maybe, but it won’t be the same Genesis that is used in DS because the weight mapping is different. Now if they figured a way to use the new plug in that the SR3 pack gave Poser, maybe both groups will be able to use Genesis, until that time is it really worth fighting over just to get another thread locked?

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10556
Joined  2007-11-06
Male-M3dia - 22 September 2012 06:07 AM
Kyoto Kid - 22 September 2012 02:36 AM

...Steph5 is too bulky and has no where near the body shapes and controls her Gen4 counterpart has.. She also doesn’t have the specialty morph sets either and is also more expensive (which is why I didn’t get her). The other thing is, I already have working versions of my LeelaTeen and LeelaChild character models. Genesis really has little to add save for maybe making her butt flatten better when she sits.

...but i can do the same with her in Poser 2012 without having to rebuild her from scratch.

Unfortunately I have yet to see one Gen4 morph with Steph4 that looks like a teen… just a short adult. Generally you need to do a lot face work, mostly custom to get a younger face out of her. And of course of you need to work on her body shape more because a teen doesn’t have the proportions that Steph has… so you can’t do custom bodies unless you got a copy of Morphing Clothes.

Can you do a better teen with steph5? It really gets down to your skill in making faces; it’s not as simple as mixing child in. However, that’s where the beauty of Genesis comes in, because you’re not restricted in what you can change. But it’s certainly not a lot more expensive to do it… getting more aquainted with the tools in blender or hexagon and loading your results in with morph loader pro and you’re already way ahead in making custom morphs with Gen4, that is if you’re actually working on making a believable teen…. moving dials in either Gen4 or Genesis isn’t really going to do it.

...I spent a good deal of time developing my LeelaTeen.

I feel my best success was with Stph4 and Jamminolf’s teen morphs for Tindra Thompson.  Most of the work I did was the head and face which included a little “A4 realistic” (with the eye angles at negative values) as well. 

I do agree that basic teen characters (Like Luke and Laura3) still had too much of an “adult” face for my taste. which is why I set out to try and develop my Leela character on my own.  This led to a lot of experience working with V4 and one of Thorne’s characters (Tommi was a real help when she was released) before Daz introduced Steph4.

As I am not all that skilled yet at modelling and even worse at scripting (which is too much like programing, ugh -  been there, burned out on it years ago), creating custom morphs is pretty much out of the question.

Where my LeelaTeen is concerned, I feel I achieved my best results in PoserPro2010

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  932
Joined  2006-06-12
ssgbryan - 22 September 2012 01:21 PM

because we haven’t had a good male business suit since the Casablanca Suit for M3.

Have you seen the M4 Business Suit?
I think it’s kind of cool. As suits go.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-4-business-suit
I couldn’t find the Casablanca suit here in the marketplace. Did it get vaulted?

I really, really like that Cthulhu that Luthbel developed.

Yea, that Cthulhu rocks! It was in my cart, then I realised it was Genesis only, so out it came.

The most popular model isn’t genesis, it is still V4.  I was around for the Gen3/Gen4 switch.  New Gen3 content simply disappeared within 90 days at every content sight under the sun.  After more than a year since the release of DS4, Gen4 content development hasn’t dropped off in the slightest.  90% of genesis content is sold at DAZ.

I was around for the Gen3/Gen4 switch too. Gen3 fell off the Earth overnight. It was scary. There were a few diehards saying they didn’t want to upgrade, I remember the posts, but not like what’s happening now. You can still get lots of brand new stuff for Gen4 and it’s coming out every week (especially over at Rendo).

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Zev0 - 22 September 2012 12:53 PM

“...Steph5 is too bulky and has no where near the body shapes and controls her Gen4 counterpart has.. She also doesn’t have the specialty morph sets either and is also more expensive (which is why I didn’t get her). The other thing is, I already have working versions of my LeelaTeen and LeelaChild character models. Genesis really has little to add save for maybe making her butt flatten better when she sits.”

Kyoto Kid, I completely find this statement incorrect. You see, people are so used to stand alone shapes they forget what Genesis is about. Using S5 on her own will give you limited results yes. BUT, combine her with Genx transfers and Genesis morphs and she has more control and morphs than any Gen4 counterpart. Also please post a pic of this leelateen of yours. I want to see the body structure. I bet I can duplicate it with ease or even make a better one using S5 and my morphs from Genx:) You keep downtalking Genesis, lets put your Gen4 models to the test:) I will show you the power of Genesis.

...I have pics of her posted all over the forums.  I also have a gallery devoted to her at DA. which goes back to the Studio1.7 days.  The most recent pic I did is here (#1) and the best I’ve done in the Studio app (#2)

Image Attachments
leela_and_momma_3A.jpgleela_child_of_war_rescaled.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

Those show me nothing. I cannot see body shape and details. Post her in underwear or a bather. Standing up. Your clothing is hiding the body shape, which is what I want to see.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 22 September 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  602
Joined  2004-12-14
tsarist - 22 September 2012 02:04 PM

Have you seen the M4 Business Suit?
I think it’s kind of cool. As suits go.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-4-business-suit
I couldn’t find the Casablanca suit here in the marketplace. Did it get vaulted?

I really, really like that Cthulhu that Luthbel developed.

Yea, that Cthulhu rocks! It was in my cart, then I realised it was Genesis only, so out it came.

I was around for the Gen3/Gen4 switch too. Gen3 fell off the Earth overnight. It was scary. There were a few diehards saying they didn’t want to upgrade, I remember the posts, but not like what’s happening now. You can still get lots of brand new stuff for Gen4 and it’s coming out every week (especially over at Rendo).

The M4 Business suit is ok, but it looks like an off-the-rack suit you could get at Sears, and the texture sets available didn’t look all that good to me (Which is always the downfall of male clothing - no one puts time in the texture sets to make them look really good).  The Casablanca Suit wasn’t for sale, it was a freebie from a Japanese Poser site (ISOP).  It has disappeared however.  I got it back in the day along with a ton of material sets.  The main reason I liked it was that it was a double breasted suit.  It looked quite sharp. 

What made it cool was that not only did it have a lot of movement morphs (very rare back in the Gen3 time-frame), but it also had innovations like swappable collars - you could do thinks like change the collar, tuck it into pants, move the tie all over the place, remove it. etc.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 22 September 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Zev0 - 22 September 2012 03:57 PM

Those show me nothing. I cannot see body shape and details. Post her in underwear or a bather. Standing up. Your clothing is hiding the body shape, which is what I want to see.

...all I have in he way of underclothing is Victorian style so that will have to do.

...created and rendered in PoserPro2010.

Image Attachments
LeelaTeen.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

See my examples below, One is a teen, the other a little younger.

Both using S5 and Genx Transfers. Took me a whole 10 min to do both.

Image Attachments
1.jpg11.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 23 September 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4853
Joined  2009-02-26

WOW ZEV!! Not bad at all!! cheese

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 23 September 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Thanks…Kyoto Kids figure is not bad, but it flows incorrectly, Eg the neck blends incorrectly into the head. The thighs contours are also incorrect, and suffers from the usual ugly v4 bends on elbows and shoulders.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 23 September 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07
Male-M3dia - 22 September 2012 06:54 AM
ManStan - 22 September 2012 06:45 AM

probably losing all the weight mapping that makes genesis genesis.  {not saying there is one, it’s just what I think they are talking about}

Weightmaps aren’t what makes Genesis “Genesis”... it is the morphs and how you can combine them to make new creations… the weightmaps dynamically supports how that creation bends when posed.

A bit late getting back to this, but weight mapping is what genesis is all about. Weight mapping is what makes genesis genesis. The mil 4 characters had just as many morphs and did them just as well. Multiple morphs on a single figure is nothing new.

Posted: 23 September 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

I gave her a quick spin for you, too, KK…  now… I didn’t spend a whole lot of time on this…cuz it’s pretty late(early) here, but just to give you an idea of what’s possible. In the first pic, you can kinda see what combinations of shapes I used. The second one is a straight render with no lights in the scene from DS4.5

Image Attachments
forKK06.jpgforKK08.jpg

Posted: 23 September 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  471
Joined  2003-10-09

that does look really nice.

Posted: 23 September 2012 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1643
Joined  2008-05-31
Male-M3dia - 22 September 2012 10:05 AM

DAZ provides content, and that’s where their emphasis has been.

Which makes it hard for me to understand why they give away the whole DS4 Pro package including the content creation tools so people can create their own content. And with Genesis even much easier than before.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 23 September 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

Thanks! smile
here she is with a smaller head…lol:

ok…I’m done…I need sleep! smile

Image Attachments
forKK10.jpg

15 of 38