Posted: 18 September 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2815
Joined  2004-04-14
shante - 18 September 2012 02:23 PM
Krasch - 18 September 2012 10:44 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 20 August 2012 02:33 PM

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can’t give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

Might there be any news of progress available. It’s been about a month and the silence is so far deafening…

The prospect itself is quite exciting. Even to hear it’s still active in progress would be news.

As much as I would love this compatibility to take place as a Poser Only User, DAZ has a lot of site fixes and store fixes and messaging fixes for the user to be worrying about poser compatibility for their Genesis products.
As much as I love the idea of being compatible with this great technology I prefer a better experience at least to the level it was BC (Before the Change).

Different departments work on different things.  So while the web team works on the site, the DS development team can work on DS.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 18 September 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-10-07
Mattymanx - 18 September 2012 02:44 PM

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can’t give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

Might there be any news of progress available. It’s been about a month and the silence is so far deafening…

The prospect itself is quite exciting. Even to hear it’s still active in progress would be news.

As much as I would love this compatibility to take place as a Poser Only User, DAZ has a lot of site fixes and store fixes and messaging fixes for the user to be worrying about poser compatibility for their Genesis products.
As much as I love the idea of being compatible with this great technology I prefer a better experience at least to the level it was BC (Before the Change).

Different departments work on different things.  So while the web team works on the site, the DS development team can work on DS.

Not only that, but since the schism has definitely hurt both platforms in terms of sales, without healing that schism, what is the point of a site and store fixes? That’s putting the cart before the horse to some extent.

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  618
Joined  2004-12-14
Krasch - 18 September 2012 03:15 PM
Mattymanx - 18 September 2012 02:44 PM

Not only that, but since the schism has definitely hurt both platforms in terms of sales, without healing that schism, what is the point of a site and store fixes? That’s putting the cart before the horse to some extent.

Why do you think that DAZ looks at this as a schism?  Have you seen anything from DAZ that makes you think they look at this as a schism?  DAZ is going one way, and the Poser community is going in a different direction.

DAZ is looking for a new customer base - one that doesn’t have large, bloated runtimes of content.  Poser users aren’t just going to dump all of our Gen 4 content to use genesis - even if they move to DS4, because of autofit, all of the Gen 4 content can easily be worn by genesis. 

Poser users are going to buy a lot less than new users, therefore, they are not as important to DAZ.  It is Econ 101.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

Well, I have no idea what direction anyone is going…lol…

....but ...

I’ve decided to wear my life jacket and fasten my seat belt…. this is sure to be an adventure, I think.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10939
Joined  2007-11-06

...and some of us are looking to board the launch back to the harbour.

Yes, I have not really been “taken in” by Genesis as I am not in the position to spend the hundreds it will take to make it as useful as the Gen3/4 and Toon figures I already have, as well as invalidate the clothing/content creation tools I spent hard earned money on.  Sometimes one has to protect one’s investment rather than just toss it all in the dustbin for the next new shiny thing.

Unfortunately, software isn’t like a car, you just can’t trade the old one in on a new model.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 September 2012 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-11-27

Full price for Poser versions or upgrades for previous buyers (whatever you’re going to do with genesis addons)?

Poser SR3 to be compatible with Genesis? C’mon, how would they add support of a still nonexistent format? Even DS4 and DS4.5 are incompatible.

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2003-10-09

bookmark.  Waiting to hear any news about poser heaven.
Love esther

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13921
Joined  2003-10-09
Coon Ra - 19 September 2012 02:49 AM

Full price for Poser versions or upgrades for previous buyers (whatever you’re going to do with genesis addons)?

Poser SR3 to be compatible with Genesis? C’mon, how would they add support of a still nonexistent format? Even DS4 and DS4.5 are incompatible.

The DSON specification has now been published, though you are right that 4.5 is the first version of DS to use it.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4890
Joined  2009-02-26

This threads still going… I think it needs a new title raspberry

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07
Spyro - 19 September 2012 05:41 AM

This threads still going… I think it needs a new title raspberry

How about “DAZ, or why I gave up on CG art”.

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-11-26
Mattymanx - 20 August 2012 04:34 PM
Sockratease - 20 August 2012 03:41 PM
DAZ_bfurner - 20 August 2012 03:28 PM
Isikol - 20 August 2012 03:15 PM

What on earth did you just said my good Admin? :O !????!

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but you will have to read into my post above. Sorry many more details will be coming…

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

The Millennium Cow at last!!!

YAY!

Millenium Cube version 5!

I still have the first one. And I still haven’t figured out what to do with it.    oh oh

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15586
Joined  2003-10-09
WitchStorm - 19 September 2012 07:32 AM

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but you will have to read into my post above. Sorry many more details will be coming…

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

YAY!

I still have the first one. And I still haven’t figured out what to do with it.    oh oh

THere were rumours that is was going to be the Unflatable Millennium cube, but the were having trouble with the morph pack

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5705
Joined  2006-02-20
chohole - 19 September 2012 07:42 AM
WitchStorm - 19 September 2012 07:32 AM

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

YAY!

THere were rumours that is was going to be the Unflatable Millennium cube, but the were having trouble with the morph pack

There are videos on Youtube with “Genesis Cube” in the title.
LOL

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2815
Joined  2004-04-14
ssgbryan - 18 September 2012 10:22 PM

DAZ is looking for a new customer base - one that doesn’t have large, bloated runtimes of content.  Poser users aren’t just going to dump all of our Gen 4 content to use genesis - even if they move to DS4, because of autofit, all of the Gen 4 content can easily be worn by genesis.

Poser users are going to buy a lot less than new users, therefore, they are not as important to DAZ.  It is Econ 101.

I have to personally disagree.  Yes, they are looking for nwe customers, that is true for every company but for the excisting customers and their content, DAZ never whould have made the autofit feature if they wanted everyone to put away their previous content for previous generations.  As for purchasing, we all should be good stewards of our money.  At the same time though, if you see value in something, you will be willing to invest in it.  I still buy A3 clothes cause I still use her and still see potential for the figure.  Gen4, I never really accepted until I started seeing much more potential in M4 over M3.  The only acception before that was whether or not I felt something could be fit to A3.  Still speaking from a personal view point, I see much greater potential still in Genesis over the previous generations and feel it is what the Gen4 should have been.  And because I see Genesis that way, I am willing to invest in content for Genesis that I see use for.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 19 September 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2008-06-25
Mattymanx - 19 September 2012 08:52 AM

Still speaking from a personal view point, I see much greater potential still in Genesis over the previous generations and feel it is what the Gen4 should have been.

This.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

10 of 38