Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Top 5 Things I Miss
Posted: 21 August 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5349
Joined  2008-03-06

*Head scratch* I must’ve been confused.  I just went and looked at some things I got at the Gen5 sale and I get nothing.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 21 August 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

I do miss one thing. The ability to mark just ONE Forum as READ instead of the whole site. I so miss that.

And The Blue marked as downloaded, I liked that one also.

EDIT: The Item Purchased thing sounds easy to add. But I could be 100% wrong, it depends on the function’s the new software has in the command code. It should be as simple as get Items Database Number at Add to cart. Get Users Database number for Itemized Download history, Query IDH database for Item number in cart set flag 0 does not exist or 1 exists. If Flag equals 1 Warn user Item was purchased before. If you do not wish to purchase again please remove item from cart. As said I have zero knowledge of the code used or if the function’s exist to do this with.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2006-02-06
chohole - 21 August 2012 02:52 PM

It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

How long will that take, 4 months?, 6 months? a year? Considering how many files need to be converted in that catalogue we’ll be lucky if it happens by next June if that. It would have been easier to have the option at launch and then switch over to zip files when they are done and ready. At this rate I may never get everything reinstalled due to dying of old age because its taking forever to do them.

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26

I certainly miss the MAC/PC filter on downloads page, it gets confusing when packs have various downloads that fill pages of info.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
I’ve been getting in-page notifications of stuff I’ve bought for weeks now.  ‘Course I had to build the infrastructure to do it myself.  Anybody else can use it, if you want to, though.

— Morgan

Image Attachments
bundle-example.pngwishlist-example.png
 Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 22 August 2012 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-04-14
LmWolfSpirit - 19 August 2012 09:00 PM

While I am sure DAZ is working hard on improving the site, I thought a list of some of the top things that are missing that I found essential at the old site might prove helpful.  These are not in any particular order.

1. End dates of sales on the product pages. This was a huge help in planning purchases.

2. The filter on the Wishlist page that let me see just the items that were on sale.

3. The purchased item list loading by purchase date. I keep my purchases in an Excel worksheet and used to be able to just copy and paste a whole order in at once. Now I have to piece it together bit by bit. I shudder to think what is going to happen when I have a huge order.

4. Being able to filter out the Mac downloads (maybe vice versa for others). With large orders, it really makes it difficult to see what still needs to be DL’d. Ditto for #5.

5. The blue color that showed that something had been downloaded on the Download page.

Otherwise, I think overall the site is looking pretty good, and I have not had any problems with any orders (knock on wood).

Heck, yeah—although, in fairness, I should point out that DAZ HAS been slowly adding functionality to the store, so I would expect these items to eventually be implemented.

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Cypherfox - 22 August 2012 12:44 AM

Greetings,
I’ve been getting in-page notifications of stuff I’ve bought for weeks now.  ‘Course I had to build the infrastructure to do it myself.  Anybody else can use it, if you want to, though.

— Morgan

What Browser do you use? I’m not getting squat.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 22 August 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Jaderail - 22 August 2012 09:23 AM

I’m using Chrome, with my own plugin and 3dwishlist.com, a multi-purpose DAZ store tool I built myself, but am happy to let others use.

—Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 22 August 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Cypherfox - 22 August 2012 10:17 AM

Greetings,

Jaderail - 22 August 2012 09:23 AM

I’m using Chrome, with my own plugin and 3dwishlist.com, a multi-purpose DAZ store tool I built myself, but am happy to let others use.

—Morgan

I’m on Chrome, it must be your custom items that get it working. Right now I’m wanting on a Support Ticket that needs resolved badly. I’ll pop back on this topic after I get the help I need. Thank you for the offer.

Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1014
Joined  2003-10-09

I miss the ‘related items’ part that gave you hotlinks to texture sets, etc on items.

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2007-03-07
Ewokzombie - 22 August 2012 12:09 AM
chohole - 21 August 2012 02:52 PM

It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

How long will that take, 4 months?, 6 months? a year? Considering how many files need to be converted in that catalogue we’ll be lucky if it happens by next June if that. It would have been easier to have the option at launch and then switch over to zip files when they are done and ready. At this rate I may never get everything reinstalled due to dying of old age because its taking forever to do them.

Good point! While the “S” word was not mentioned, it is still DAZ and the “S” word is already assumed.

I haven’t done any programming in years, but I am thinking that as long as both stores were written in the same code, some of the things I listed should be fairly cut and paste.

I did notice that although an administrator did touch on the zip filter, none of the other features was mentioned. Does this mean that they are on someone’s To-Do-List (like the zips which were discussed for years before the new software) and may arrive sometime before interstellar travel or not planned on at all?

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07
TimG - 22 August 2012 11:47 AM

I miss the ‘related items’ part that gave you hotlinks to texture sets, etc on items.

Yeah. I would have thought that the links on the right side would lead to related items, but they don’t.  I am not sure how those are chosen, but a couple of times they have been some very old products (not related to the current selection).

Posted: 22 August 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2006-02-06

Here is another one to add to the list that is getting more and more annoying as I post in some threads here.

-Getting notifications of replies to a thread you are “subscribed” to. I get maybe 2 notifications to replies even to a thread I created. Kind of defeats the purpose of “subscribing” (got to love that wording of it now) to watch a thread for replies and comments.

By the way with the “subscribing” to a thread is there a fee to we have to pay to get more than the 2 notifications on replies?

Posted: 22 August 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17126
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you got “smart Notification” enabled in your email subscriptions?

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 August 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07
chohole - 22 August 2012 04:53 PM

Have you got “smart Notification” enabled in your email subscriptions?

I have Smart Notification enabled, and I also only get maybe two notices before they stop.

2 of 3