Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Top 5 Things I Miss
Posted: 19 August 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2007-03-07

While I am sure DAZ is working hard on improving the site, I thought a list of some of the top things that are missing that I found essential at the old site might prove helpful.  These are not in any particular order.

1. End dates of sales on the product pages. This was a huge help in planning purchases.

2. The filter on the Wishlist page that let me see just the items that were on sale.

3. The purchased item list loading by purchase date. I keep my purchases in an Excel worksheet and used to be able to just copy and paste a whole order in at once. Now I have to piece it together bit by bit. I shudder to think what is going to happen when I have a huge order.

4. Being able to filter out the Mac downloads (maybe vice versa for others). With large orders, it really makes it difficult to see what still needs to be DL’d. Ditto for #5.

5. The blue color that showed that something had been downloaded on the Download page.

Otherwise, I think overall the site is looking pretty good, and I have not had any problems with any orders (knock on wood).

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12

I miss the warning when I was about to buy an item that I already owned.
VERY useful and I miss it.
Always helpful when I have big purchases.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4920
Joined  2008-03-06

I’m still getting that warning.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  334
Joined  2003-10-09
SickleYield - 19 August 2012 09:39 PM

You are Sickle? I’m not since the new site went live. Interesting…

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-02-02

I don’t get those warnings either. It means checking through my Order History to see if it’s there or not, which is harder now because it’s been divided into multiple pages and searches don’t work like they use to (I’m talking like Windows or Firefox page or text searches).

I really miss the links to a product’s accessories, textures, add-ons, etc. or vice versa for an accessories ‘required product’ links.
They were very helpful.

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2008-05-31

If you’re running Windows, this may help out:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2010-03-14
Timmoth - 20 August 2012 04:57 AM

I don’t get those warnings either. It means checking through my Order History to see if it’s there or not, which is harder now because it’s been divided into multiple pages and searches don’t work like they use to (I’m talking like Windows or Firefox page or text searches).

I really miss the links to a product’s accessories, textures, add-ons, etc. or vice versa for an accessories ‘required product’ links.
They were very helpful.

That is why I keep my purchased products in excel, so I can quickly search for an item.

Also Window or Mac, When I Drop something in my cart I have already prechased, I don’t get a warning.
Image below is my proof. If this works for you SickleYield, then I have to think someone didn’t set that for all levels of access.

Haslor

Image Attachments
Drop.PNG
 Signature 

Metadata has a Standard, so please use it!
Creation Instruction coming soon to a Document Center near you.
——————-
Warning: Sitting for more than 6 hours a day is not good for you.
So Stand up, change you desk to a Stand up Desk.
Walking is good for you, so get up and walk for at least a half hour a day.

Posted: 21 August 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2009-08-11

Dunno if I can put a number on what I miss.  (Order wise.)
I might be able to put a number on what I WOULDN’T miss, though.  tongue wink  

Still, the dedication and hard work by everyone to improve the blast effects is greatly appreciated.

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 21 August 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2006-02-06
LmWolfSpirit - 19 August 2012 09:00 PM

While I am sure DAZ is working hard on improving the site, I thought a list of some of the top things that are missing that I found essential at the old site might prove helpful.  These are not in any particular order.

1. End dates of sales on the product pages. This was a huge help in planning purchases.

2. The filter on the Wishlist page that let me see just the items that were on sale.

3. The purchased item list loading by purchase date. I keep my purchases in an Excel worksheet and used to be able to just copy and paste a whole order in at once. Now I have to piece it together bit by bit. I shudder to think what is going to happen when I have a huge order.

4. Being able to filter out the Mac downloads (maybe vice versa for others). With large orders, it really makes it difficult to see what still needs to be DL’d. Ditto for #5.

5. The blue color that showed that something had been downloaded on the Download page.

Otherwise, I think overall the site is looking pretty good, and I have not had any problems with any orders (knock on wood).

Totally agree on this list especially on 3, 4 and 5.

Although I’m more in the camp that they just don’t seem to give a crap on fixing things like these. These option for your order history and turning off PC or Mac installers should have been a feature here day 1, not shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about.

If you order a few things or heaven forbid do a reset on a single page of things from your order history, it takes way to long to install them when you get a an unorganized mess of a list with Mac installers tossed in them in no particular order. Without that blue highlight color that lets you know you have that one installed now gone as well, things get even worse.

Posted: 21 August 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07
tsarist - 19 August 2012 09:09 PM

I miss the warning when I was about to buy an item that I already owned.
VERY useful and I miss it.
Always helpful when I have big purchases.

I haven’t added anything to the cart that I previously purchased for quite awhile now (mostly because I check potential purchases against the Excel sheet I created for them); however, I know in the past, when I have used a different computer or made changes on my main computer that the notice would not show up either. I think it has also happened when I have cleared the cache.

It is very helpful when it is working though.

Posted: 21 August 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07
Ewokzombie - 21 August 2012 07:21 AM

[

Totally agree on this list especially on 3, 4 and 5.

Although I’m more in the camp that they just don’t seem to give a crap on fixing things like these. These option for your order history and turning off PC or Mac installers should have been a feature here day 1, not shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about.

If you order a few things or heaven forbid do a reset on a single page of things from your order history, it takes way to long to install them when you get a an unorganized mess of a list with Mac installers tossed in them in no particular order. Without that blue highlight color that lets you know you have that one installed now gone as well, things get even worse.

Ever the optimist, I was hoping someone from DAZ would pop in and say that they are working on fixes for these things. I haven’t seen them listed anywhere in the stuff that they say they are working on. There is a possibility that I may have missed them, but I don’t think so.

If they do think that these can be “shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about,” they may need to understand that it is “little” things like this that will make shopping at Rendo an easier choice for some.

Posted: 21 August 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15631
Joined  2003-10-09

It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 August 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07
chohole - 21 August 2012 02:52 PM

It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

I don’t spend much time in the forums anymore (not like 5 years ago when I really was a new member) so did not know that DAZ will be switching to zips (which is particularly good news). So that is ONE item off my list that is being addressed.

Posted: 21 August 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-07

LOL, I have learned not to check the amounts I have spent at DAZ and Rendo or other sites for that matter. I could be driving something a lot better than a 1988 Chevy. = )

Rendo keeps a product for 180 days from the date of the last sale. Then if the vendor has not opted out, the product goes to clearance for an additional 90 days.

I have never submitted anything to DAZ as at this time most of my products are for Photoshop or texture sets for Rendo products. However, I did write to them once about submitting products and never received a reply back.

Good luck with your submissions!

Posted: 21 August 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-01-27

My mind.rolleyes

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 32 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 21 August 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2831
Joined  2004-04-14
SickleYield - 19 August 2012 09:39 PM

I just wish they would warn me that I am spending my money! tongue rolleye

Signature