Digital Art Zone

6 of 7
Plugin version numbers for DS 4.6
Posted: 18 November 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06

...as Cridget mentions using poses for different Genesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it injects the toon character into the figure being posed.  That is a huge bug.  I used to be able to use say, Sadie or a G3 pose with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issue.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Stripped out - misunderstood the topic grin

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
cridgit - 19 November 2012 05:27 AM

Hi Kyoto

I assume your post is about PoseMaster? Could we move the discussion into this thread please: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11229/

If you can post a screenshot of the problem I’ll be able to help but right now I’m not sure what you mean by “transforms the figure into the toon character”. Is this with version 1.4 or 1.5? Due to the way scaling is handled in DS4.5 I’ve had to make some changes, and in the new user guide & default settings I turn scaling “off”. You’d only use scaling when you want to match the figure proportions, which isn’t necessary when simply transferring a pose.

If you can pose some more details in the thread above we can follow up together.

Thanks

...my bad, it was a general observation about using different pose sets in 4.5Pro. Didn’t realise the current discussion related to PoseMaster. That’s what I get when I walk into the middle of a discussion like I did.

However the scaling/morphing issue I mentioned does persist unlike in older version of the app.  Maybe this would be more appropriate to address in the Daz Studio app forum.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3106
Joined  2007-06-22
Kyoto Kid - 18 November 2012 11:27 PM

Ggenesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it transforms the figure into the toon character.  That is a huge bug.  I used to be able to use say, Sadie or Aiko poses with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issues.

Which poses are you refering to, I know that the Jasmin poses that come with the bundle dial up the Jasmin morph but thats not a bug in Daz Studio, thats the creator not having saved the pose properly. Other toon poses such as Capsces ones for Hitomi and Hiro 5 dont change the character at all.

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
scorpio64dragon - 20 November 2012 04:14 AM

Ggenesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it transforms the figure into the toon character.  That is a huge bug.  I used to be able to use say, Sadie or Aiko poses with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issues.

Which poses are you refering to, I know that the Jasmin poses that come with the bundle dial up the Jasmin morph but thats not a bug in Daz Studio, thats the creator not having saved the pose properly. Other toon poses such as Capsces ones for Hitomi and Hiro 5 dont change the character at all.

Aah now I understand what Kyoto was talking about. I’ll edit out my post above to not distract from the topic.

I used to use PoseRepair to strip the morph info out of the poses, but it prob doesn’t work on the new format. Has anybody tried?

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5573
Joined  2006-02-20
cridgit - 20 November 2012 07:17 AM

Aah now I understand what Kyoto was talking about. I’ll edit out my post above to not distract from the topic.

I used to use PoseRepair to strip the morph info out of the poses, but it prob doesn’t work on the new format. Has anybody tried?

PoseRepair is a stand-alone PC Utility able to strip down the following pose file types:
  *.pz2 - figure pose
  *.hd2 - hand pose
  *.fc2 - face pose

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
scorpio64dragon - 20 November 2012 04:14 AM

...yes, the Jasmin poses (and they are so nice too) along with Amy as well.  Don’t have Hitomi or Hiro5

So it is a PA issue then.

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

thanks for all this work Mike
I’m trying to ready myself for an update

Posted: 30 December 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-01-22

Has there been any word on a DS4.5 update for the UbersoftLightPack1? I know that the LightingKit has been updated since September but I use the LightPack1 addon rather than the base and now I can’t use it at all. I just reset my DLs and it’s still at 1.1, I don’t understand why one would be updated and not the other?

-LEI

Posted: 30 December 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...I’m still waiting for LDP to be updated.

Signature 

Posted: 31 December 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 04:10 PM

...I’m still waiting for LDP to be updated.

So am I - but I don’t think it will be anytime soon…..

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 01 January 2013 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...what I fear is “if at all” as DL keeps releasing those instant Light & Go packs for various settings.  LDP was DL’s flagship but I get the bad feeling he may have decided to scuttle it.  A real pity for it does an incredible job considering it just uses the standard Daz lights, I like the way it looks, and it is no where near such a pain to set up as UE and other IBL/AO light systems.

...and it is no where near the render hog either.

Signature 

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-21

Yes, I agree with you, Kyoto Kid.  Read some comments a few months ago that DL had no current plans to update LDP, as he was focusing on his training products, etc.  Guess we’d all better get used to the other lighting systems!

Anyway, a Happy New Year to you and everyone on the forums!! smile

Signature 

My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 01 January 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...if he doesn’t want to spend the time to update it maybe he should sell it to Daz since it only works with Studio. Not sure what that all involves but it is only a light set (that uses the standard Daz lights at that) not a character or something like a rendering engine plugin. The SDK is available, it would take what, a couple nights for someone of his skill.

I’m not into the photo real craze for to really pull it off (beyond what Daz Studio with LuxRender can do), requires one of the pro grade modelling/3D apps and/or expensive standalone render engines like Maxwell, the unlimited thread version of 3Delight Pro, or V-Ray as well as the hardware to support it (which includes networked rendering).

4.5 and PP2012 and their associated render engines may be a vast improvement over their predecessors, but they still have a long way to go to even come close to a C4D, Maya, or 3DS.  I’m fine with that. I just want a lighting system that is simple to use, gives good results, and doesn’t gorge itself on memory like a frat boy at the weekly all you can eat pizza night.

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see…....would be nice if DL would give a definite answer to this question, though I rather think he’s not interested enough to even think about it.

Signature 

My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

6 of 7