Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Installing Daz Content into Poser 9
Posted: 12 October 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09

Newer versions of Poser support multiple runtimes.  I’m thinking you have not added runtimes to your library..  Hit the “+” button and browse to the folder containing the runtime file you wish to add.  At least I think that’s what you’re experiencing trouble with.  A screen shot would help.

Posted: 05 December 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-02-13

I’m having this problem, as well.  I figured out how to install SOME of my content, but not all of it.  V4 installed to the public/documents/Poser9 Content folder, and she shows up in my library.  Woohoo!  But M4 will not.  I get an error message that says “When used with Poser TM, “Michael 4 Base” must be installed to the same directory as the application executable, due to restrictions on support file locations.  Please select the directory that contains your Poser executable.”  Okay, fine.  No problem.  I tried installing it to the Poser 9 directory, just as I used to do with Poser 8.  No deal.  Either way, he doesn’t show up in my library.  I’m starting to feel pretty stupid…

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14434
Joined  2003-10-09

Choose DAZ Studio as the target application to avoid the check for Poser.exe - which is left over from the days when the figure wouldn’t work in external content libraries, which it will in Poser 9.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-02-13

It worked!  I installed M4, using DazStudio as the target application, and then choosing the Users-Public-Documents-Poser9 for the installation path.  He’s finally in my library!  *cheers*  So, that leaves me with one other question.  How do I figure out which content items need to be installed using this method, and which ones need to be installed differently?  Or is it going to be all trial and error?  Poor M4 must be exhausted and having some kind of personality complex by now.  I think I installed him 4 or 5 different ways to get this far.  lol

Richard Haseltine - 05 December 2012 04:47 PM

Choose DAZ Studio as the target application to avoid the check for Poser.exe - which is left over from the days when the figure wouldn’t work in external content libraries, which it will in Poser 9.

Posted: 06 December 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Choosing DS as the target should not cause a problem, but very few items will have that check - pretty much just the base figures that used ExP or perhaps Injection systems for morphs. Most content either has no dependencies or is dependent on other content (such as morphs for V4 and M4).

Signature 

Posted: 06 December 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2004-11-14

If you do not use Daz Studio then , when you run the installer , point the path to your Poser 9 Content Folder.
It should be in y our Documents Folder.

I only install the base Figures in to Poser like V4 with all her morphs, Michale 4 with all his Morphs , Miki4 ....

For each Figure I have created their own Runtime .

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-05-19

With all the talk about Runtimes, I’ll try posting this here.  I just bought 2012.  I had Poser 8 before, but didn’t do much with it as I started out with Studio and understood that a lot better.  My question is :  How do I go about using the content I have with Studio and the content that came with 2012 at the same time.  I need to set up the Runtime on a seperate drive because I’m installing an ssd for the Operating system drive and I cant have a lot of Data on it.  Idealy, I would like to just have ONE Runtime on , say the E: drive , but I can compromise on that. I’ld like to use the same content in BOTH programs as each has its own strengths.  I tried mapping the poser 8 runtime into Studio in the past, but with limited results.
    Thanks for any information,
      Gus

Posted: 14 March 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

In DS, selecting the folder that holds the Runtime folder for the Poser content as a Poser directory should give access to the Poser content; in Poser selecting the folder that holds the Runtime folder for the DS content as an external library should give access to the Poser-format content. Note that weight-mapped figures from Poser won’t work in DS, and nor will figures using the capsule falloffs introduced in Poser 8.

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-06-01
Kamajian - 19 August 2012 10:53 PM

I installed Victoria to the “Poser 9” folder the “Runtime” is contained in that folder. So if I understand your message correctly that is what I did.
I opened Poser 9 and from inside the application I clicked on the little folder “add to library” icon with the “+” and running figure.
I attempted to load the Victoria figure from a variety of folders and I kept getting the same error message.
“not a runtime file”

if anyone has done this successfully I would sure appreciate step by step instructions on exactly where to direct the install (so far, if I am interpreting the instructions you guys have given me correctly , I am doing exactly what you have suggested )

and where to load the DAZ figures from within the Poser 9 interface.

Thanks for your patience,
Kamajian

I have had these exact same problems and I have never received a solution! This is ridiculous and there better be a better solution that endlessly telling us CUSTOMERS to change folders and directories. IT DOESN’T WORK.

Posted: 11 July 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1016
Joined  2007-11-28
mcaseydesign - 11 July 2013 10:19 AM
Kamajian - 19 August 2012 10:53 PM

I installed Victoria to the “Poser 9” folder the “Runtime” is contained in that folder. So if I understand your message correctly that is what I did.
I opened Poser 9 and from inside the application I clicked on the little folder “add to library” icon with the “+” and running figure.
I attempted to load the Victoria figure from a variety of folders and I kept getting the same error message.
“not a runtime file”

if anyone has done this successfully I would sure appreciate step by step instructions on exactly where to direct the install (so far, if I am interpreting the instructions you guys have given me correctly , I am doing exactly what you have suggested )

and where to load the DAZ figures from within the Poser 9 interface.

Thanks for your patience,
Kamajian

I have had these exact same problems and I have never received a solution! This is ridiculous and there better be a better solution that endlessly telling us CUSTOMERS to change folders and directories. IT DOESN’T WORK.

If you have the exact problem you quoted, see post # 9 in on page 1 of this thread, and the followups.

Also, using DAZ Install Manager eliminates the issue with not finding the Poser.exe, and it’s faster to download and install too…...

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 13 December 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-08

The install manager won’t let me install her into Poser, she is in DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro Beta so I guess they think I am supposed to buy V5 or V6 to use in Poser. The exe files no longer exist.

Posted: 13 December 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1016
Joined  2007-11-28
Dreaming Banshee - 13 December 2013 10:32 AM

The install manager won’t let me install her into Poser, she is in DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro Beta so I guess they think I am supposed to buy V5 or V6 to use in Poser. The exe files no longer exist.

To use in Genesis figures in Poser you need to install the Genesis and Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, which are included with the DSON Importer and can be downloaded from the DSON Importer page in your DAZ Account under Product Library.  You need both the DSON Core and Poser Content files.

If you don’t yet have DSON Importer, it’s currently free…

http://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser .

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 13 December 2013 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-08

Thank you. I got the DSON Importer installed.

2 of 2