Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
ATTENTION EriKan EriKan EriKan!!!!! 
Posted: 17 August 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  0
RichardChaos - 17 August 2012 06:24 PM

Well there was no CODE to mess with… I simple logged in the root user. Launched Carrara entered my info! CLosed carrrara LOGGED out then back in as me and here I am!

Thanks for your patients and help!

SO could you tell me about any other issues you know of running carrra on MAC ML? I can look forward to?

But now the Root User is enabled, which is not wise since it increases security risks via network hacking. There was a reason it was not enabled by default.

You should go back and disable the root user.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 17 August 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-08-27

As long as you don’t go into the system folder and library and start throwing things out, your biggest issue would be security. Do what you need, then log out.

BTW, that’s the method I was talking about in the other thread. I just couldn’t remember all the steps.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 17 August 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

Thanks so much guys! and DE3AN your were right I left ENABLE ROOT USER ENABLED! I disabled it and thanks for your help! Macs are NOT suppose to be like this! I bet I have to do the same thing when I install Carrara 8 .5

But i learned something today so now I can get back to huffing spray paint!

Posted: 17 August 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  0
RichardChaos - 17 August 2012 06:39 PM

I bet I have to do the same thing when I install Carrara 8 .5

Carrara 8.5 is not supposed to have this problem any more.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 17 August 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

Thanks for your help dean. Yea now I am almost ready to CLONE everything from my 7200 HD to my new SSD. I cant wait to see it burn un Carrara.

I have had files that took minutes to save and I had to do it every few changes as Carrara 8.1 mac will crash after about the 6th time you click in the timeline!

Posted: 17 August 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-08-27
RichardChaos - 17 August 2012 06:39 PM

Thanks so much guys! and DE3AN your were right I left ENABLE ROOT USER ENABLED! I disabled it and thanks for your help! Macs are NOT suppose to be like this! I bet I have to do the same thing when I install Carrara 8 .5

But i learned something today so now I can get back to huffing spray paint!

Macs are not like this. DAZ and Carrara are at fault in this case. There was a game a few years ago where the demo had a similar issue. Shipped on magazine discs and everything. The next month, the updated demo shipped on the disk with an apology from the game company and magazine editors. Seems they wanted to scoop the competition and offer the demo exclusively before it was fully tested.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

2 of 2