Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
“Loading” question
Posted: 20 August 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

Forgot to ask will Victoria 4 work in duf as well as I don’t need Genesis for quite a while….?

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6682
Joined  2005-08-15

Victoria 4 is in Poser format, and when you install it, it will go into My Library > Runtime, and you can find it in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats.  Genesis is a completely new figure for DAZ Studio, and it doesn’t work natively in Poser, there is a bit of work to do to get it into the newer version of Poser.

You could always try to load V4, save it as a DAZ Scene file (DUF), and maybe that would work?

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 20 August 2012 11:06 AM

Victoria 4 is in Poser format, and when you install it, it will go into My Library > Runtime, and you can find it in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats.  Genesis is a completely new figure for DAZ Studio, and it doesn’t work natively in Poser, there is a bit of work to do to get it into the newer version of Poser.

You could always try to load V4, save it as a DAZ Scene file (DUF), and maybe that would work?

With you in the first para, but if I understand you correctly lost in the second as I don’t know where it’s possible to Save it as a DUF….?

Image Attachments
screen_shot_copy.jpg
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 20 August 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16092
Joined  2003-10-09

I added padding to your screen shot, so it didn’t break the forum formatting.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 August 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6682
Joined  2005-08-15

I have no idea how all of these V4 folders are in DAZ Studio Formats?

If you installed V4 into the My Library folder, the figure files etc should be In Poser Foramts > My Library > Figures > DAZ People, and NOT in DAZ Studio Formats.

If you load V4, go to File > Save As, and select Scene File, and save it as a DUF format, then you can put it into the My Library in the Scenes folder, and it will load fine.  I just tried it.  It loads much quicker that loading it from Poser Formats.

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14430
Joined  2003-10-09

It looks as if the files from \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 have been put in the \People\Victoria 4 folder. Don’t. The only folders and files in the Runtime folder you may touch are those in the Camera, Character, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Materials, Pose, Props and Scenes folders - everything else is off limits.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 21 August 2012 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Great thank you. As I said on the other thread the best course I think would now seem to be to keep things very simple and very small concentrating solely on my immediate V4 projects to start with, referring back here as I go along otherwise I doubt I’ll ever get started. Slowly expanding later on into the wider fields of Genesis etc. but thankfully at least I now know where some of the pitfalls are, above all what not to do !

I’m really grateful for all your kind help and patience it’s been much appreciated throughout !! smile

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 21 August 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 20 August 2012 03:41 PM

I have no idea how all of these V4 folders are in DAZ Studio Formats?

If you installed V4 into the My Library folder, the figure files etc should be In Poser Foramts > My Library > Figures > DAZ People, and NOT in DAZ Studio Formats.

If you load V4, go to File > Save As, and select Scene File, and save it as a DUF format, then you can put it into the My Library in the Scenes folder, and it will load fine.  I just tried it.  It loads much quicker that loading it from Poser Formats.

I kept wondering why Poser wasn’t showing anything too and I think ticking the Scene box in passing must have been why though I didn’t notice it till later. (See fifth post back.)

I’m hoping everything’s working now having saved it as duf….

Image Attachments
Vic_4_Duf.JPGV4_save_to_DUF_or_not.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

4 of 4